Originally Posted by bourbonfan
My unit has a domestic brand refrigerator that takes forever to cool down. It will run on AC or propane. There isnít a way to adjust the temperature. Is it possible to upgrade to a better unit that the temperature can be adjusted on without having to remodel the kitchen?
How do yíall manage this when your traveling? Do you travel with it on propane?
Each Dometic I have owned had a temp control on or near the right side fins in the fridge. It is usually a slider that raises or lowers the cooling level.
(Note Dometic's also usually have a door heater that will drain your battery when dry camping. There is a way to either turn this off or disconnect it.)
Pre-cooling is the best way. Another thing we do is freeze ice blocks. Place them in the freezer seems to make the initial cool down happen faster. We generally only do this when we don't have time to get the camper a day or more before a trip.
Yes, 92% (Dilbert Math) of RV owners travel with the fridge on propane. The other 8% tell you how you will explode on RV forums at gas stations or in tunnels.....