Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 10:53 PM   #21

I received an update on my 29.5BHOK order from the dealership which was originally placed on the first of December. They originally told me 6-8 weeks for delivery which would put us last week of Jan. They are now saying last week of Feb, which would put us at 12-13 weeks. The build date has yet to be determined, however I did receive a VIN which is a good sign.

We booked a campsite in San Diego for mid-Feb, unfortunately we will have to postpone due to the change of plans.
2014 Feather Ultra Lite X23B (sold)
IceOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceOnFire View Post
I received an update on my 29.5BHOK order from the dealership which was originally placed on the first of December. They originally told me 6-8 weeks for delivery which would put us last week of Jan. They are now saying last week of Feb, which would put us at 12-13 weeks. The build date has yet to be determined, however I did receive a VIN which is a good sign.

We booked a campsite in San Diego for mid-Feb, unfortunately we will have to postpone due to the change of plans.
We too are looking at the 29.5BHOK to replace our 25BH. No washer/dryer hookup which maybe a deal breaker...355mbqs is too big for our truck (present truck.... ) We would like to hear your feedback on the 28.5BHOK when you take possession of it.
warjayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #23

We actually liked the Eagle 325BHQS model which would be our ideal floor plan, but our truck wouldn't be able to handle it.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by warjayco View Post
We too are looking at the 29.5BHOK to replace our 25BH. No washer/dryer hookup which maybe a deal breaker...355mbqs is too big for our truck (present truck.... ) We would like to hear your feedback on the 28.5BHOK when you take possession of it.
While I am not the tread starter I figured I would comment on my 29.5BHOK. I love mine but have only had it out three times so far. I am planning to use it as much as I can in the future.

First thing first, throw out the queen mattress that comes with it(or keep somewhere if you sell the rv later). If you don't replace it with a regular mattress you will definitely want some kind of topper for it. I had a new spare very expensive mattress in my storage that finally got a home in the rv.

The main reasons I chose this model was because I wanted an outside kitchen with a sink, and a bunkhouse because I have a 2 year old daughter with several cousins that will want to tag along. The outside refrigerator is a plus. I probably won't use the pull out grill for anything other than a stove top.

The tri-fold bed or whatever they call it that the couch turn into, is not the best to sleep on, but I didn't really expect to me much. I am not going to be sleeping on it so it is what it is. Same for the dinette that turns into a bed, more for kids vs adults.

There is a ton of storage in this model vs other half ton 5th wheel models. Seems like the first thing they cut from the design is storage in the "Half Ton" models. There were several others I was contemplating but there was just no storage places for anything.

Get the 2nd A/C Prep, even if you live in Alaska. Get the second A/C from the factory if you think you will need one. Remember if it comes from the factory it is covered under the 2 year warranty. If you or your dealer install it later I believe the best you will have is a year of warranty. If nothing else it could help you sell it down the road. The fireplace is good for cool spring/summer/fall nights so you don't have to burn propane to take the chill off.

I also wanted a model that I could get to the refrigerator and the bathroom with the slides in. That way I can use them when I make a quick stop along the way.

The options I got were:
Customer Value Package(mandatory)
Java Interior
MOR/RYDE Rubber pin box
2nd 15k a/c In Bedroom
50 Amp Service
Solid Surface Sountertop
4-point Electric Auto-Level System
Wireless Backup Camera
Frame-less Dual Pane Tinted Safety Glass Windows
LED Fireplace
TV for outside kitchen
Tank-less Water Heater
Sani-con Turbo Waste Management System
16" Goodyear Tire Upgrade
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:33 PM   #25

My options are pretty much a carbon copy of your setup, however we didn’t go with the tankless water heater. We didn’t go with the dual pane windows as we live in California and don’t full time.

We will also be installing the Andersen 5th Wheel Hitch, though I’m hoping we don’t run into issues as we have a short bed. I’ve done a lot of research, watched a lot of videos and I am convinced this is a better solution than a sliding hitch.

A replacement Queen bed is on my to order list which will replace the standard mattress that will be going into the trash bin.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #26

We've lived in ours for a year now and about 5,000 miles on it. I could have done without the outside kitchen but it makes for a good storage area and the extra refer is nice to have.

The dual AC is a requirement if you plan on being in 95F or higher, especially with direct sunlight on the unit.

We use the bunkhouse as a hobby room and it does very well. For the two of us there is a ton of storage, but, lacks a bit in closet space.

Our favorite upgrade was a pair of recliners in place of the fold out couch. That thing was really uncomfortable.

I did add a rear camera (Garmin), made a new table for the dinette, added some shelves in the bunkhouse area, and put in a Maxx fan.

I also had to reinforce the drawers in the bunkhouse and under the refrigerator. The drawer slides are rated to 75lb, but, the mounting is only good for about 10lb. The drawer bottoms are a bit weak as well so if you put heavy stuff in them they can break out, especially in the drawers at the back of the trailer.

Other thing is to check the water faucet and drain pipe connections in the kitchen. At times they would leak.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 06:25 PM   #27

Thanks for the tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2018, 07:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcbice View Post
We've lived in ours for a year now and about 5,000 miles on it. I could have done without the outside kitchen but it makes for a good storage area and the extra refer is nice to have.

The dual AC is a requirement if you plan on being in 95F or higher, especially with direct sunlight on the unit.

We use the bunkhouse as a hobby room and it does very well. For the two of us there is a ton of storage, but, lacks a bit in closet space.

Our favorite upgrade was a pair of recliners in place of the fold out couch. That thing was really uncomfortable.

I did add a rear camera (Garmin), made a new table for the dinette, added some shelves in the bunkhouse area, and put in a Maxx fan.

I also had to reinforce the drawers in the bunkhouse and under the refrigerator. The drawer slides are rated to 75lb, but, the mounting is only good for about 10lb. The drawer bottoms are a bit weak as well so if you put heavy stuff in them they can break out, especially in the drawers at the back of the trailer.

Other thing is to check the water faucet and drain pipe connections in the kitchen. At times they would leak.
Thanks for the tips on the drawers. I second the closet space(for clothes) being somewhat limited. But as long as you don't need all the bunks for sleeping you can put clothes there.
vegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:59 AM   #29

Yep, thought about the bunks, but, our hobbies are set up back there. I did consider making a small closet back there but we haven't needed it. We just reduced the hangup clothes that we own
Old 02-04-2018, 06:37 AM   #30

Quote:
After months of researching 5th Wheel models, we decided to place an order for a 29.5BHOK. We strongly considered the 325BHBS model as it was the lightest Eagle bunkhouse model, however we determined it was too much RV for our F-250 gasser. We got a good deal at 27% off MSRP. This would also be our 3rd Jayco in over 4 years.

Here are the options we choose:

-2nd 15K A/C in Bedroom
-50 Amp Service w/2nd AC Prep
-LED Fireplace
-Party Sofa w/Stowable Tables
-4-Point Electric Auto-Leveling System
-Sani-con Turbo Waste Management System
-Corian Countertop
-Frameless Tinted Safety Glass Windows
-Goodyear 16” Tire Upgrade
-Wireless Backup Camera Kit
-MOR/ryde Orbital Pin Box
-Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Hope to take delivery 1st week of February.
Hi, I'm confused & need help. I want to do like you did and order the MOR/Ryde Orbital pin box and Anderson Ultimate hitch but thought I read in several places where you couldn't use these together. I really like the lightweight Anderson hitch for getting it in & out of my truck without back injury!
FlaFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #31

I’ve been wondering about this setup myself. From what I’ve read, it sounds like the pin box would have to be locked out from rotating. I will contact Andersen and Morryde for more information.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2018, 06:22 PM   #32

Reply from Andersen customer service regarding utilizing the AUH with the orbital pin box: “You want to have the pin box locked out so the pin box and the hitch do not work against each other. Our hitch is designed for a stationary pin box.”

Old 02-05-2018, 06:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Reply from Andersen customer service regarding utilizing the AUH with the orbital pin box: “You want to have the pin box locked out so the pin box and the hitch do not work against each other. Our hitch is designed for a stationary pin box.”

Thanks, that's what I thought. Really like the lightweight Andersen but back to the drawing board for me!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #34

Update: Since my dealership does not sell/install the Andersen Ultimate Hitch and they quoted me an obnoxious amount to install standard rails & 7 way wire harness, I decided to do it myself. It took a total of 4 hours and saved $575 in the process.

I tested the hitch with my FIL's Eagle trailer which is 2k heavier than the 29.5BHOK and it towed like a dream. I was able to position the ball towards the tail gate and funnel in front of king pin, which allowed enough clearance between the nose of RV and the short bed truck cab. I didn't attempt it, but I should be able to make a turn close to 90 degrees with clearance. The ball height is set to the lowest position, which helps keep the rig level, and measured a clearance of 9 inches above the bed rails.

I requested an update from my dealership on delivery which is scheduled for next week. *fingers crossed*
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2170.jpg   IMG_2172.jpg   IMG_2176.jpg  
Old 02-19-2018, 12:53 PM   #35

Quote:
Update: Since my dealership does not sell/install the Andersen Ultimate Hitch and they quoted me an obnoxious amount to install standard rails & 7 way wire harness, I decided to do it myself. It took a total of 4 hours and saved $575 in the process.

I tested the hitch with my FIL's Eagle trailer which is 2k heavier than the 29.5BHOK and it towed like a dream. I was able to position the ball towards the tail gate and funnel in front of king pin, which allowed enough clearance between the nose of RV and the short bed truck cab. I didn't attempt it, but I should be able to make a turn close to 90 degrees with clearance. The ball height is set to the lowest position, which helps keep the rig level, and measured a clearance of 9 inches above the bed rails.

I requested an update from my dealership on delivery which is scheduled for next week. *fingers crossed*
Great news on your install of the Andersen Hitch and test drive. I've got my hitch in and just waiting on the camper now!! Hope yours comes in as planned and all is well.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #36

The dealership confirmed my rig is off the line and will be in route for delivery next week (weather permitting).
Old 02-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #37

Quote:
The dealership confirmed my rig is off the line and will be in route for delivery next week (weather permitting).
Nice. That means mine should be leaving the factory soon also. My dealer put in my rails for $175. Took them about 2 hours and I didn’t buy the rails or hitch from them.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #38

You got a great deal. For $175, I would let the dealership do it in a heart beat. My dealership wanted $1200+ for rails & 7 way wiring (both supplied by the dealership). It cost me $227 for both to do it myself (4 hours).
Old 03-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #39

After 13 weeks of waiting, we took delivery of our new 29.5BHOK on Friday. Aside a small glitch with AUH hitch and MorRyde Pin Box (which I will mention in a different post), we were are mostly satisfied with the trailer. We do have a list of issues (currently 20 items long), and most items that could easy been remedied with basic quality control. They are mostly minor, but really annoying like the refrigerator & outdoor kitchen not properly closing. We already have an appt with the dealership to service the trailer, but not until 4/20.

I will create a separate post with photos, mods, and issues along the way.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:07 PM   #40

congratulations. Hope yours has as few problems as ours has had.