Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-07-2017, 11:47 AM   #1

Eagle HT BHOK tank valves

Anyone know why there are four valves and only three tanks on the 2017 Eagle HT 29.5 BHOK?

It goes from right to left, black, gray, gray for the valves at the main dump pipe. It looks like the far right gray tank valve doesn't fully close and water continues to dribble out the dump pipe. I can't figure out what this one does as there's a whole other pipe and valve for the rear gray tank for the outdoor kitchen.

I'm going to check out the owner's manual, which i should've done already but thought i could get a quicker answer here.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:01 PM   #2

We have the 2017 version and love it.

The two grey water tanks are separate, one for the shower and bathroom and the other for the two kitchen sinks. There is a separate drain for the rear tanks and it is also plumbed to drain out the front one (so you only have to run one hose to the dump location). There are three handles up front for dumping, two for grey tanks and one for black.

But, if you put a gate valve on the front tank drain, then you could open the two grey tanks and 'share' them. Note: this is NOT recommended for a simple reason. If the black water valve has a leak then it will also drain into the two tanks.

When dry camping I use one of the dump line 'caps' that has a hose bib on it. I have an old water hose with one end cut off that I will connect and then dump grey water only into a nearby bush or such. Again, if your black tank valve has a leak this is a health hazard.

The 'extra' grey tank valve at the front is for convenience only. There is also a separate drain and valve at the rear for the rear grey tank. The front valve handle for the rear tank is tricky. It is a long cable to the valve and the pipes connecting it are long and level. I push and hold the valve to make sure any 'spring' in the cable does not pull the valve back open a little when released. If your trailer is even the least bit nose high it will leave quite a bit of grey water in that line so when you travel and then remove the cap you will get a significant amount of waster water on the ground (at least a gallon).
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #3

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to know. I didn't even see the black valve was open because I was thinking there were only two valves instead of three at the front. That would also explain why the water wasn't draining well from the rear kitchen tank because my trailer does ride nose high.