Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #1

Red face Eagle HT Superlite 26.5 RLS TV Connection Question

We purchased this new in March, 2011. Happy with everything except the TV connection. Cable at campgrounds work great. Satellite connection at our summer site on the Ohio River runs from the dish/to the camper...then out of the bedroom/through the walkway/in front of the bathroom door/down the steps and into the back of the satellite receiver sitting on the shelf below the TV. There has to be another way! Jayco called about a month ago to see if we were happy with our purchase. Explained this to the caller, then to a technician with no resolve. He said he'd send this on and if anyone had a solution they'd call ASAP. Have not heard a word. Does ANYONE know what I've over looked. Thanks for any input and "Happy Trails" to all!
KatieKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #2

How many total TV jacks does the camper have? I have a couple of thoughts for you but it may get complex.

Also do you have a jack like this:
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:06 PM   #3

We don't have the Eagle, but would like to welcome you to the Jayco Owners Forum KatieKay! Looks like you wound up with a pretty short warranty fix list. Sorry to hear about the satellite issue though.
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #4

Ok, if you want a "quick" fix and you don't mind the reduction in TV quality....

1. Locate the satellite receiver in the bedroom (hopefully you have an RF remote)
2. Hook the TV-Out from the satellite to the "B" port (assuming your receiver has TV-Out coax connection)
3. Be sure the antenna amplifier is OFF (no little red light)
4. Be sure the living room TV has it's coax hooked into the jack
5. Tune TV to the appropriate channel which the satellite receiver is broadcasting.

This will give a good quality standard definition picture to the living room TV. If you need to hook up the satellite via HDMI to the TV in the livingroom, I still need to know how many total TV jacks the camper has. If the answer is 2 (one bedroom, one living room)_then we can try something else (if you don't mind taking apart part of your camper namely the amplified antenna plate and adding a "C" "D" plate just like the "A" "B")
Old 07-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #5

We have the same model as you and we have never tried getting TV reception. We have played movies but no TV yet so I will be curious to hear how this works out for you. I am also confident that if there is an answer you will find it on this site. We had a question about the water heater after our first trip out and we had several suggestions, all were very helpful. Do you have any other concerns/issues with your 5er? We haven't had a single complaint so far, we are really enjoying it. I would like to see a couple of modifications...a separate light switch independant of the light fixture in the bedroom and an outlet mounted to the side of the base kitchen cabinet instead of the overhead one under the top cabinet. Happy Trails, glad to know there's another HT owner out there.
tstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #6

Smile

Karl in NY, Sorry for the delay in response but we've been...uhhhh...camping A couple questions...will this require the satellite receiver to be placed in the bedroom? If so, I know how to do it that way but we don't want to have to go to the bedroom to change channels. (spoiled, I guess) Our local Jayco dealer has offered to place a direct connect from the outside/through the wall and into the space below the TV, which would work. We might take them up on that. However, I would still like to know the configuration of this setup. Thanks again for your input. My fingers feel blistered from switching coax cables over and over. We'll take your notes along and see what we come up with this weekend. I appreciate any and all help.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:15 PM   #7

tstark, You have some great suggestions; i.e., the light switch and the electric outlet. We really miss the ceiling fan that we had in our 5er prior to this. Have you used the outdoor kitchen? We had corn-on-the-cob on one burner and baked beans on the other last weekend and BBQ chicken on the grill. Worked great! Haven't tried the sink yet. Our electric awning has been a little stubburn a couple times but eventually worked. Several fellow campers have commented on the gray color, stating they really liked it. We questioned the color at first but have grown to like it. If you use the TV hookups, like I've said, the cable hookup works fine, the satellite is our big "headache". Glad to have another HT 26RLS out there. Happy Trails To You...Where do you live? We're Ohio Buckeyes!
Old 07-15-2011, 06:58 AM   #8

Which model satellite receiver do you have? Many of them should have the ability to use RF remote controls which shouldn't be an issue to operate a satellite receiver in the bedroom? If the dealer is willing to install a satellite jack in the living room, that is the way to go!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #9

Hi KatieKay, we are in Jacksonville NC. We too like that it is a different colour, we have been out twice now since we bought the camper and each time we have left the campground for groceries and the essential WalMart trip and when we've come back on to the site the camper is almost camoflaged, it just hides out in plain view amongst all the white trailers! We have not seen another HT on the road or on the campgrounds, it's kind of nice being different! We have a big trip planned in a few weeks and we will be going to Gettysburg and Hershey PA and several other stops too. Maybe we'll see you on the road. We have used the outside kitchen, I prefer to use it especially for the bacon (this way the inside doesn't smell of bacon all day long). We have used the sink too (did you find the faucet attachments for it? ours were under the couch). This is our first 5er, we had a Jayco popup many moons ago and then went back to tents and are slowly coming to the less primitive side of camping. We are really enjoying it. Happy trails to you too! Tracey
Old 07-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #10

Smile

Karl/NY, We've decided to go with the "direct connect" through the wall. Our local dealer has ordered a black exterior "plug thing" so it will match the others on the outside. Should be done this week (I hope). Thanks again for your suggestions and kind responses. I'd never posted on here before. It's been a pleasant experience. Happy Trails To You...
Old 07-19-2011, 12:50 PM   #11

Smile

Tracey/NC, We've found the outside faucet but still haven't used it yet/but we will. Wishing you a good and relaxing trip. Maybe we'll see you on the road sometime! The gray HT kinda stands out in the crowd. Enjoy and Happy Trails to You...Too
Old 07-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #12

We have the 265RKS version. It has been fun to watch all of the other trailer owners check it out.
2003 F250 Super Crew Power Stroke 4x4
2014 Lund 1800 Tyee 175 Merc Verado 9.9 Pro Kicker
Dukedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #13

Isn't it great? That's just the way we HT 5ers roll!!
Old 07-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #14

Wink

While camping this past weekend, had 3 people wanting to check out our HT. A lot of "where'd ya get that gray camper", "bet it's easier to keep clean", yada, yada. Happy Trails y'all!