Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2017, 08:30 PM   #1

Eagle quality

We had an Eagle HT 29.5bhds. It was a big unit but the floor creaked bad and the water pump was very loud and had bad water hammering when in use. Overall, felt like a budget unit.

A little over a year ago we bought a Grand Design 350M toyhauler. Like most toyhaulers, quality is top notch but so is the price. We love our unit and it feels great in use.

However, with a growing family, I'm starting to see the need for the bunkhousr more and more. Our toyhauler has the bunks in the garage but no table unless the bottom bunk is converted and I hate switching then out every day.

I'm seriously looking at an Eagle or maybe even the Northpoint midbunk. Kind of liking the Northpoint because the genset is one of the reasons we went toyhauler in the first place.

Anyway, is the quality much better than the Eagle HT I had? Water pumps quiet? Solid, quiet floor? I really wish hydro leveling was an option though.

oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:39 AM   #2

We just traded an Eagle and were very happy with it. As with most units there were a few minor things to take care of initially, but overall a very solid unit. We did have one spot where the floor creaked a bit, but that was right in front of the bedroom closet and it didn't bother us as we weren't up there much anyway.

robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:53 AM   #3

I canít tell you anything about a Eagle HT but have owned 3 Eagles. I owned a 2009 then traded for 2011 and now 2018. Each year improvements were made to each over the prior unit owned. Now on 2018 we love it. Insulation is outstanding ordered the better windows really holds the temp well. Will get temp 20 degrees under outside temp and holds. We put a residential mattress on the bed (the only way to go). No squeaks in the floor unlike the 2011 and 2009. Our only complaint is placement of smoke alarm over range (we just remove battery while cooking). We did get an observation camera from www. tadibrothers.com. What a nice unit for seeing what is behind you not only for backup but for driving down the road I ordered the 9Ē monitor itís like not having a trailer behind you and looking in the rear view mirror but with a TV screen. One key opens everything on the unit is very nice as well. Auto level is so nice one button does it all. Led lights are outstanding. hidden batteries areas hold 3 under unit and two upfront.
2015 Chevy Silverrado 2500
14,000#/1400 Equal-i-zer 4-way sway bars
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:37 AM   #4

Definitely better quality on Eagle verses Eagle HT. The HT's look and feel low grade when you walk through them. I'm guessing they are an entry level unit as they sure feel that way. We went with the Eagle. The higher grades were just too big for our needs.

Earl
Pacbrake exhaust brake
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:49 AM   #5

I had a 2015 Eagle HT 28.5 RSTS that I had several issues with, some major many minor. Fit and finish issues on the minor scale. Traded it in on a 2017 Eagle 5er and it feels more solid. Perhaps the new HT models have improved but I was very disappointed in the HT.
dmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

The Eagle HT's are light. And, yes, they feel that way. Water pump is screwed to floor right under shower so in bathroom it is noisy unless you insulate it.

If you want a heavier duty unit then get something heavier.

From other folks in here and in other brand forums there is a quality issue with just about any brand.

Our HT has had a few. Mostly little things like water fittings not screwed on properly or a leak in a water fitting. Some sealant missing on a shower door panel.

PS ours has been 'abused' for the past 8 months since we are full time in it
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:29 AM   #7

I own a North Point 377 which is the mid bunk model. It has been a great unit with few issues.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #8

Thanks everyone. Looks like it may be worth checking some out at dealers.
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:54 PM   #9

Have a 2017 HT 28.5 RSTS Purchased it last year. No major complaints so far. In my opinion it's sturdy but I can't compare it to a regular Eagle since I never looked at them up close. Some of the finish work could have been a little better. Crooked shades. The kitchen bump out is not as flush as it should be. My biggest complaint is that I wish it slept more people and wish the refrigerator was bigger.

Sent from my 9020A using Tapatalk
richie t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:24 PM   #10

My 2017 29.5 BHDS has been completely problem free. We went with an HT because we needed something just short enough to pull a boat behind it and still get decent sites at state parks, so a 35 footer is perfect for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote