Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2022, 06:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-red-car View Post
Yes totally agreed… I was out there with a broom to get the water off the awning. Tech is not always your friend or a step forward. I haven’t given up though I’m going to see if I can relocate the piston arms to get a pitch that will shed water. I’ll post if I come up with something 👍
I thought about relocating one of the gas springs, but didn’t find a way to do it without screwing up the opening and closing geometry. Then I thought about installing a weaker gas spring on one side, but ran into the same problems, and those were the awning wouldn’t extend or retract equally. So, I live with it.
As someone already said, I miss the manual awnings with numerous adjustments on the arms.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 12:14 PM   #22

Adjustments on top arm attached to RV?

Hi! In your photo I think I see on the top right arm attached to the awning base two notches on the bottom edge and the section is angled 2 to 8 o'clock. Could those be angle adjustments for setting an angle?

Also suggest you identify the manufacturer name, awning name, and number then look for awning videos at the manufacturer site and/or YouTube for operating videos. For me, Carefree had a short video for operating the Altitude model.

All the best!
FIREBALLXL5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 07:32 PM   #23

I don't keep our TT perfectly level so water will travel to one end and strut will collapse a bit to drain . I'll close it at night or when away for a while . If its a monsoon I'd head on in and close it.
deano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 08:09 AM   #24

One of the arms of my awning also hung up as I was extending it. I would have to give it a tug to get it to go. Finally, got a ladder and checked near the top of the sticking arm and found a glob of sealant that would stick to the awning when it was retracted. Scraped off that excess sealant and have not had a problem since.
txhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 11:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBALLXL5 View Post
Hi! In your photo I think I see on the top right arm attached to the awning base two notches on the bottom edge and the section is angled 2 to 8 o'clock. Could those be angle adjustments for setting an angle?

Also suggest you identify the manufacturer name, awning name, and number then look for awning videos at the manufacturer site and/or YouTube for operating videos. For me, Carefree had a short video for operating the Altitude model.

All the best!
Thanks for the suggestion Fireball... the two notches are intended to fit around the rivet anchor points when the trailer rolls in. It is a Carefree... and I have the manual and it is completely useless.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:52 AM   #26

Hi! Sorry I wasn't much help on your awning. I don't understand why a manufacturer would build something without a manual are even a quick-start guide...same for the RV manufacturer.

In case I missed it, do you know what model of Carefree you have? I found my info on the roller tube label after the awning was rolled out down to the metal. Of course, then I found the model name on the plastic end pieces after that. Maybe I might stumble upon a manual in my quest for knowledge.

Safe journeys!
Old 07-04-2022, 12:35 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBALLXL5 View Post
Hi! Sorry I wasn't much help on your awning. I don't understand why a manufacturer would build something without a manual are even a quick-start guide...same for the RV manufacturer.

In case I missed it, do you know what model of Carefree you have? I found my info on the roller tube label after the awning was rolled out down to the metal. Of course, then I found the model name on the plastic end pieces after that. Maybe I might stumble upon a manual in my quest for knowledge.

Safe journeys!
No worries Fireball, thanks for your willingness to help, much appreciated! I have looked on the awning arms and there is the Carefree name and logo but no model number. I am unable to put the awning out and check the roller as it is currently parked near trees. I will have a look at it the next chance I get. The manual I have is just for the trailer and while they have a section for the awning they simply say to refer to the OEM manual. Not helpful as I don't have one
Old 07-04-2022, 02:12 PM   #28
Site Team

Look on the Carefree of Colorado website. They have info on all their products and also manuals. It is likely one of the bottom of the line products with no tilting option, as mine is.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 08:39 AM   #29

Glad to help, Go-Red-Car! Understand about the trees. On my Altitude, the name is part of the plastic cover on the bottom of the awning arms (Carefree Altitude in their trademark font.) Any chance yours says anything?

I see Norty1 had a similar suggestion to mine on the Carefree site. I did find that inputting my serial number did nothing on their lookup function. Maybe it will work for yours when you are able to extend the awning. Just take care not to overextend it: on mine the label is also the "warning" that you are about to overextend.

All the best!