Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamoke View Post
This might help.

There is no room to add another breaker in my 2011 30.5 RLS.
Here are a few photos of the stock arrangement

and here is a link for the Progressive Dynamics PD4045 Power Center.

Link to PD4045

Jamoke, thanks for the photos of an actual Jayco Power center face plate. I was optimistic I could add a couple of circuits, but going by the photos it would appear they already have the dual breakers installed. Guess I'm out of luck. Thanks for all who responded.

cheers and have a great day.

kiwaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwaon View Post
Jamoke, thanks for the photos of an actual Jayco Power center face plate. I was optimistic I could add a couple of circuits, but going by the photos it would appear they already have the dual breakers installed. Guess I'm out of luck. Thanks for all who responded.

Actually, you may still be able to add circuits although it will require a bit of creativity. First, see if you can find a place to put in a 120v 30A branch panel (240v could be used if that is all you can find), preferably close to the original panel. You will also need to have easy access to the panel. It will need to have only two slots to accomodate up to three new circuits if you use half pole breakers. Also make sure you can feed directly to the breaker buss bar(s) instead of through a breaker).

If you are able to find a place for the new panel, replace the existing 30/15A breaker with a 30/30A breaker. Route the original 15A circuit that was connected to the original 30/15A breaker to a 15A breaker in the new panel. If the wire will not reach the new panel without splicing, see if another circuit on the original panel will reach the new panel. If so, just swap them out. If none of them will reach, you will have to install a small junction box (a shallow outlet box will work; just use a solid cover on it) near the original panel and use it to splice a longer length of wire to the shorter one.

Wire a cable from the new 30A half pole breaker in the original panel to the new panel and connect it to the incoming lugs in the new panel. If the panel is designed for 240v, inside the panel, splice the hot lead on the new 30A cable feeding into the new panel to two shorter leads and and connect those two leads to the lot lugs in the panel (putting more than one wire in a circuit breaker or other lug is considered to be a no no in most codes). Add breakers as needed to accommodate your new circuits.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Actually, you may still be able to add circuits although it will require a bit of creativity. First, see if you can find a place to put in a 120v 30A branch panel (240v could be used if that is all you can find), preferably close to the original panel. You will also need to have easy access to the panel. It will need to have only two slots to accomodate up to three new circuits if you use half pole breakers. Also make sure you can feed directly to the breaker buss bar(s) instead of through a breaker).

If you are able to find a place for the new panel, replace the existing 30/15A breaker with a 30/30A breaker. Route the original 15A circuit that was connected to the original 30/15A breaker to a 15A breaker in the new panel. If the wire will not reach the new panel without splicing, see if another circuit on the original panel will reach the new panel. If so, just swap them out. If none of them will reach, you will have to install a small junction box (a shallow outlet box will work; just use a solid cover on it) near the original panel and use it to splice a longer length of wire to the shorter one.

Wire a cable from the new 30A half pole breaker in the original panel to the new panel and connect it to the incoming lugs in the new panel. If the panel is designed for 240v, inside the panel, splice the hot lead on the new 30A cable feeding into the new panel to two shorter leads and and connect those two leads to the lot lugs in the panel (putting more than one wire in a circuit breaker or other lug is considered to be a no no in most codes). Add breakers as needed to accommodate your new circuits.
LF thanks for the suggestion, it looks like that is a good solution as there appears to be no spare spots. Will wait till it arrives and see what's what.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthi View Post
Definitely let us know how it goes with your new 5'er. When do you take delivery? Where do plan to go for the maiden voyage?
The fiver is scheduled for the first week of March, and I suspect our first trip will be into Algonquin Park (Ontario) in May,.......... just in time to feed the black flies.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #15

I have two IOTA distribution panels, a 12v and a 120v/50A. They don't have any labeling and never did. Had Dealer contact Jayco and he was informed that there is none. They suggested pulling fuses and triping breakers to map it out. IOTA discontinued the panel and I'm missing a cover. So I contacted them directly after exhausting all other avenues. They referred me to a distributer who laughed. Lovely. Moral of the story is: If you need a replacement panel to get your needed slot, steer clear of IOTA. I hope Jayco is...

2003 Designer Legacy 3590RLTS
2011 Bullet 215RBS - Sold
2010 F250SD PSD SRW CC SB
Timbrens, Rand McNally 7710RVND and
Pullrite SuperGlide 2700.
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote