Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-23-2021, 04:10 PM   #1

Engineering?? or maybe not? Pinnacle 36FBTS

This is how this extension for the cutting or food preparing table sits when closed. We never noticed this on the PDI, really the only way to notice it is sitting where I took the picture. I spent time fiddling with it before it dawned on me this is the way it works! With a flashlight I found 2 stops in the back and wondered briefly why it was set up that way. The SS sink is in the way of the extension, so I am guessing Jayco had 3 choices. Redesign the whole island, which could pose problems with the slides as the slide with the sofas comes up almost to the island, or make the slide and cutting table attachment smaller, or just leave as it is!! You don't really notice it, my bride didn't know what I was talking about until I showed her a few weeks ago. Just an observation, it is all good and it all works as intended and certainly not an issue but an observation. And again I apologize for the crooked pictures. I will need to learn how to do them properly
Attached Thumbnails
20210923_172508[1].jpg   20210923_172527[1].jpg   20210923_172537[1].jpg  
Old 09-23-2021, 05:55 PM   #2

Yeah, that seems fairly useless...maybe they meant for an insert to be used when pulled out and it wasn't provided -- who knows??
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:16 PM   #3

As an engineer, I couldn't live with that being my design and shipping like that... PERIOD. I'm too OCD. It should close fully.

Are you meant to put the trash can under the opening?... If not, as mentioned, is there some sort of insert that's meant to fill the opening?
AUH #3220
White Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:48 PM   #4

There is a butcher block insert that sits inside of the pull-out. Ours was stored under the bed when we accepted delivery of our Pinnacle. I haven't check to see if our pull-out sticks out the way depicted in the picture provided by the original poster, but I will check the next time I am out.
JCoPinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 03:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Ox View Post
As an engineer, I couldn't live with that being my design and shipping like that... PERIOD. I'm too OCD. It should close fully.

Are you meant to put the trash can under the opening?... If not, as mentioned, is there some sort of insert that's meant to fill the opening?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoPinnacle View Post
There is a butcher block insert that sits inside of the pull-out. Ours was stored under the bed when we accepted delivery of our Pinnacle. I haven't check to see if our pull-out sticks out the way depicted in the picture provided by the original poster, but I will check the next time I am out.

As JcoPinnacle mentioned, the butcher block is under the bed. We haven't used it yet and totally missed on the PDI and I only found it one day while cleaning inside. it even evaded my wife's keen eye for detail.The trash can is actually to the right of the SS sink