Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #1

Entry steps

Does anyone have the quad step folding aluminum steps on their trailer? If so how are they for stability, bounce, etc.

My OE steel ones are breaking the rivets in a few places so thinking about swapping to the aluminum ones. This would be the folding ones, not the newer style that sits in the door opening.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post
Does anyone have the quad step folding aluminum steps on their trailer? If so how are they for stability, bounce, etc.

My OE steel ones are breaking the rivets in a few places so thinking about swapping to the aluminum ones. This would be the folding ones, not the newer style that sits in the door opening.
We have these folding quad aluminum steps on our FW. Replaced the OEM steel steps with the aluminum steps when our rivets broke a few years ago.

We're very happy with the aluminum steps. Much more stable then the steel steps. Still have a little bounce to them but not nearly as much as was with the steel steps.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:15 PM   #3

Are aluminum steps came on are 2016 Eagle, no issues! Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersZ28 View Post

I have a set of aluminum 4 step i might possibly be interested in selling. They are in great shape.
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:23 PM   #5

If you really want stability and no bounce, look into the MorRyde steps. I put them on my north point and they are great.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #6

Aluminum steps came on our 29.5BHOK and there's no comparison between them and the steel steps. So much better.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
I have a set of aluminum 4 step i might possibly be interested in selling. They are in great shape.
Any idea what shipping would be to Ontario (L9Z 2Y3)? Are they the same as ROC-REQS linked?
Old 06-14-2018, 07:34 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROC-REQS View Post
We have these folding quad aluminum steps on our FW. Replaced the OEM steel steps with the aluminum steps when our rivets broke a few years ago.

We're very happy with the aluminum steps. Much more stable then the steel steps. Still have a little bounce to them but not nearly as much as was with the steel steps.

Hope this helps.
That's the ones I was looking at. So many OE items on the trailers are marginal that won't be long and I'll have a custom RV.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
If you really want stability and no bounce, look into the MorRyde steps. I put them on my north point and they are great.
Are you referring to the ones in the link above or the drop down ladder things?
Old 06-14-2018, 07:52 PM   #10

We have the aluminum steps with 4 treads in our North Point and in my opinion they are a vast improvement over the all steel and only 3 steps. The 4 step is actually a steel frame with aluminum treads and they feel a great deal more substantial than the old type. When you fold them out they are a lot more sturdy and very little wobble. They don’t deflect a great deal when I go up and down.
We opted for the folding stairs over the Mor ryde because when we go on ferries to Newfoundland or Vancouver Island, you are packed in pretty close and to access the interior of the unit for last minute things or to put pets in or out, the non folding step wouldn’t allow that. Also there is the dirt factor and ware on the door when you forget to open the door all the way and possibly scratch something.We were also told by a dealer that people were complaining that they couldn’t access there units interior when in storage due to the proximity of the units beside them. Something to think about if you have the same requirements.
4" Magnaflow, Banks Air Intake
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs
DMRGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:41 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRGMC View Post
We have the aluminum steps with 4 treads in our North Point and in my opinion they are a vast improvement over the all steel and only 3 steps. The 4 step is actually a steel frame with aluminum treads and they feel a great deal more substantial than the old type. When you fold them out they are a lot more sturdy and very little wobble. They don’t deflect a great deal when I go up and down.
We opted for the folding stairs over the Mor ryde because when we go on ferries to Newfoundland or Vancouver Island, you are packed in pretty close and to access the interior of the unit for last minute things or to put pets in or out, the non folding step wouldn’t allow that. Also there is the dirt factor and ware on the door when you forget to open the door all the way and possibly scratch something.We were also told by a dealer that people were complaining that they couldn’t access there units interior when in storage due to the proximity of the units beside them. Something to think about if you have the same requirements.
We have the 4 step folding steel now and one rivet has broken with others getting close. I don't like the Morryde step as we often climb in without dropping the stairs out. Can't do that when the door is blocked.