Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #1

Exposed residential fridge water lines

While doing the PDI at the dealer on our Jayco 355mbqs, I noticed the water lines for the ice maker and water dispenser are exposed when the slide is out. How can Jayco expose water lines if you camp in below freezing temps? The easy answer is to drain those lines and not use water or ice in the fridge. But not a very good answer. Has anyone else experienced problems with this?
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkymntsno View Post
While doing the PDI at the dealer on our Jayco 355mbqs, I noticed the water lines for the ice maker and water dispenser are exposed when the slide is out. How can Jayco expose water lines if you camp in below freezing temps? The easy answer is to drain those lines and not use water or ice in the fridge. But not a very good answer. Has anyone else experienced problems with this?
Buy some 2" black foam pipe insulation, 6' pipe heat tape and wrap the frame work and lines, that is what I did with our PINNACLE. You can plug it in when needed.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:59 AM   #3

What makes even less sense, why did they expose that water line when the fridge is in the same slide as the kitchen sink. They could have (should have) came off the cold water line for the sink and avoided that line under the slide all together. I guess in some engineering world that makes sense.
Hoppy220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppy220 View Post
What makes even less sense, why did they expose that water line when the fridge is in the same slide as the kitchen sink. They could have (should have) came off the cold water line for the sink and avoided that line under the slide all together. I guess in some engineering world that makes sense.

I think it has an Island sink.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Yes, it has an island sink. And I remember seeing the exposed lines when we were researching fifth wheels and I know I said to myself "well that's stupid, not getting that model". And that's the exact model we ended up ordering.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:07 AM   #6

Not much they can do getting water to a slide, the water line has to be able to move, stupid yes but the only choice
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post

Wasnt thinking about an island sink in that model. But..... my 383flfs does have the sink in the slide and they ran the sink lines through a chase way inside the rv but still ran the line to the fridge under the slide. Would have been less water line if they would have tied into the sink line, ran under the drawers then behind the stove and into the fridge. That "fix" us on my list now that it's out of warranty
Hoppy220 is offline   Reply With Quote