Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Member
 
maejoicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 38
Post Exterior 32" TV

Our Pinnacle came with a 32" exterior TV which is kind of a waste to me but curious what others think of it or did you just remove it and use the space for storage?
__________________

__________________
Jim & Ro Joice
2019 Pinnacle
Pacific Northwest

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wherever we want to!
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by maejoicer View Post
Our Pinnacle came with a 32" exterior TV which is kind of a waste to me but curious what others think of it or did you just remove it and use the space for storage?
In the last 7 months I've turned it on once and that was just to check that it worked. We will probably use it when we get out of the 90 degree weather we have been having here in Louisiana!
__________________

__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
Member
 
maejoicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 38
90 degrees!! it was 36 here this morning....brrr.....we didnt have much of a summer either and am afraid we are going straight into Winter.
__________________
Jim & Ro Joice
2019 Pinnacle
Pacific Northwest

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 06:26 PM   #4
Member
 
Sola123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Shipman
Posts: 84
I installed a 37 inch tv in the basement area of my pinnacle and also use the tv mounted InThe slide quite often especially during football season and get togethers.....I am glad I have it personally...
__________________
Stan & Emmy
Shipman, VA.
2015 F350 Lariet CC Dually
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 07:51 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Wake Forest
Posts: 96
We use ours quite often. I enjoy sitting outside in the morning watching TV while I have my coffee.

Dave
__________________

2018 Ford F350 6.7 SRW
2018 Jayco North Point 315RLTS
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 08:16 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Lowell
Posts: 9
Our has a place for one.Dealer ask if we wanted one I said nope no use for one. We use it for storage.We very seldom turn the one on in the inside.
JaycoMLOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:06 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Tucson
Posts: 14
Ours has a place for one. All the hookups and such. Just need to buy the TV. didnt want the outdoor kitchen so passed on all that, but do want the tv in the belly storage. Going to do a 32" smart tv so I can do netflix and no need for other cables. We take our portable internet everywhere.
__________________
2019 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS 3 slide

2018 F250 Superduty 6.2L gas

Hitch: Convert-A-Ball C5GX1216 Adjustable 5th Wheel/Gooseneck Offset Adapter
JeffInAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:27 AM   #8
Member
 
maejoicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffInAZ View Post
Ours has a place for one. All the hookups and such. Just need to buy the TV. didnt want the outdoor kitchen so passed on all that, but do want the tv in the belly storage. Going to do a 32" smart tv so I can do netflix and no need for other cables. We take our portable internet everywhere.
thanks for the reply....may I ask what portable internet you use? we are looking into which options work the best.
__________________
Jim & Ro Joice
2019 Pinnacle
Pacific Northwest

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:30 AM   #9
Member
 
maejoicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sola123 View Post
I installed a 37 inch tv in the basement area of my pinnacle and also use the tv mounted InThe slide quite often especially during football season and get togethers.....I am glad I have it personally...
Yes, it would be good for Football as long as not 40 degrees outside! We are in the Pacific Northwest and I much prefer to watch the games inside. :-) Go Hawks
__________________
Jim & Ro Joice
2019 Pinnacle
Pacific Northwest

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:19 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Brunswick GA
Posts: 337
Ours came off the lot with the outside TV and I'll admit that we gave it kind of a condescending chuckle when we first saw it. First time we used it was months later when Joan watched the Kentucky Derby (I was at work) and she enjoyed it. She also noticed many others in the park doing the same. Considering the close quarters in some parks, it is not as annoying as I thought it might be. We are not TV mavens but can anticipate warming up to it for certain events when the weather is right (96 degrees now in October!). We have friends joining us in a few weeks in their Class A in FLA and I can see it being used for us to sit around for the news at cocktail time. (You need a cocktail for the news these days anyway)
__________________
Joan & Angus Campbell
Brunswick GA (oops, not anymore - FT)
2019 Pinnacle 36SSWS
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
4 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wherever we want to!
Posts: 1,520
I need to remove mine to install a HDMI cable but I can't figure out if it has a quick disconnect from the mount. Does anyone know how to take it down from the mount? This is the outdoor TV mounted in the dining room slide. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:59 PM   #12
Member
 
maejoicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 38
Yeah, I haven't decided if I like it or not as yet. I am a Football fan but it is too cold and wet to watch it outside....much prefer the 40" inside ;-). And boy do I agree on the Cocktail for the news....jeez I can hardly watch it anyone or read the newspaper even!
__________________
Jim & Ro Joice
2019 Pinnacle
Pacific Northwest

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:52 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Brunswick GA
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
I need to remove mine to install a HDMI cable but I can't figure out if it has a quick disconnect from the mount. Does anyone know how to take it down from the mount? This is the outdoor TV mounted in the dining room slide. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

It looks like you'll have to remove the 6 screws across the bottom and 6 on top. Using a shaving mirror and flashlight, I can see no sign of a quick-disconnect mount as is used in the bedroom. The compartment is just not deep enough. They are the square drive S2 screws used throughout the rig. Good luck!
Angus
__________________
Joan & Angus Campbell
Brunswick GA (oops, not anymore - FT)
2019 Pinnacle 36SSWS
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
4 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 03:58 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wherever we want to!
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
It looks like you'll have to remove the 6 screws across the bottom and 6 on top. Using a shaving mirror and flashlight, I can see no sign of a quick-disconnect mount as is used in the bedroom. The compartment is just not deep enough. They are the square drive S2 screws used throughout the rig. Good luck!
Angus
Thanks Angus! The screws at the top may be a little difficult........may need a 90 degree S2 driver if they even make one. The screws seem to be quite a ways above the opening. Haven't tried yet but I'll see.
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Brunswick GA
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Thanks Angus! The screws at the top may be a little difficult........may need a 90 degree S2 driver if they even make one. The screws seem to be quite a ways above the opening. Haven't tried yet but I'll see.

Hmm. Just looked again. My top screws are above the top of the TV and just below the opening. There are actually only 4 - two on a side. It would best be served by a long driver with an extension in order to prevent having to angle the driver (and risk rounding the screw head) while getting your grip on the handle because the open door is in the way.
__________________
Joan & Angus Campbell
Brunswick GA (oops, not anymore - FT)
2019 Pinnacle 36SSWS
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
4 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:34 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
Motorhommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Usk
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by maejoicer View Post
Our Pinnacle came with a 32" exterior TV which is kind of a waste to me but curious what others think of it or did you just remove it and use the space for storage?
Great place to kick back outside with a cigar!
__________________
Motorhommie
motorhommie@gmail.com
Vogue, Winnabego, Coachman, Jayco
Motorhommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Sugar Hill
Posts: 10
I added an extension and articulating mount. The range of motion lets us watch it from the front awning area or from a picnic table area in the rear. Of course the mount made the total thickness more and then I had to use flat head screws on the inside of the latches to protect the screen when the door closes. I think with the motion control, I can move to a 40 inch TV.
Upabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #18
Member
 
maejoicer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upabreak View Post
I added an extension and articulating mount. The range of motion lets us watch it from the front awning area or from a picnic table area in the rear. Of course the mount made the total thickness more and then I had to use flat head screws on the inside of the latches to protect the screen when the door closes. I think with the motion control, I can move to a 40 inch TV.
Good idea !
__________________
Jim & Ro Joice
2019 Pinnacle
Pacific Northwest

Quote: Ever notice how "What the Hell" is always the right answer?
maejoicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:53 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
AKRUEBBE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Wherever we want to!
Posts: 1,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
Hmm. Just looked again. My top screws are above the top of the TV and just below the opening. There are actually only 4 - two on a side. It would best be served by a long driver with an extension in order to prevent having to angle the driver (and risk rounding the screw head) while getting your grip on the handle because the open door is in the way.
Got it done yesterday..........no problem at all with a 6" extension!
__________________
AL & JANET KRUEBBE
2019 PINNACLE 37RLWS
2018 NORTH POINT 315RLTS (TRADED)
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 10:27 PM   #20
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Shady Cove
Posts: 4
Our Designer came with the outside TV and it was one of the first ones to go. Do not miss it. Changed out the other TV's for Samsung smart 4k TV's and love them. Sitting outside and bothering others just seems wrong to us.
__________________

The Gordens is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×