Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2018, 12:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbandjac98 View Post

I did ask him if Jayco is addressing the issue for future models & he said he knew if what in the works for the future.
I am hoping you were trying to say he said it was in the works for the future?? I will be in the market for a toy hauler in a couple of years.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
I just got our 2016 377rlbh back from having the repair done. Took the dealer a week and a half, I was told Jayco pays 32 hours to the dealer for the repair. The repair actually looks great and they did install an expansion joint. Our unit was out of warranty by a few months and Jayco took care of it. Very pleased with the repair.

I’d like to see a picture of their EJ solution

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #23

Pinnacle stress cracks

We bought our 2015 38 FLSA in November 2014. About 3 months later we noticed a small crack on the right front side just under the right lower corner of the slide opening. We wound up taking it to Bob Jones RV in Houston because they came highly recommended. They worked with Jayco who provided them with the necessary part and engineering drawings. Bob Jones did an excellent job and even discovered a crack in the left side which Jayco covered as well. Chris Jones allowed us into the shop and we even took photos of the repairs which I will try to attach here. No repeat cracks so far. We were especially happy with the results because we bought the full body paint package which se just love.
Attached Thumbnails
20150210_132908.jpg   IMG_3341.PNG   IMG_3348.PNG   IMG_3339.JPG   IMG_3337.PNG  

jangeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:49 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie camper View Post
I have the full repair manual from Jayco. Can email.
can you email it to me bradsampson@outlook.com
bradsampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:38 PM   #25

Cracks

I have a 2015 Pinnacle 38FLDS and have had cracks at the bottom front corners of both of my living room slides and have had them repaired 3 times by my dealer. After the third time now the door side is cracking again. it's been repaired so many times that the screws wont stay in the Shwintek Slide mechanism .
For the repairs, they first tried gussets in the corners of the slide mechanism which didn't work ,then they put 1/4" aluminum plates on the front framing under the slides. At this point only one side is cracking , I just need it to hold together till the end of this trip then it is getting traded, not going to put up with it any more.
Add to all of this that all of the fiberglass is fading and needs some work.
hazlettw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:01 AM   #26

Nice pictures jangeley. Always wondered what it looked like below the skin up front. You would think with all these repairs the frame manufacturer would automatically add extra stiffness framing wise in that area. This seems to be a fairly common problem thats pretty poorly done when you buy a new trailer and have to deal with this right away when you shouldnt be having any issues for years. This also has to costs the manufacturer HUGE money for all these repairs.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 07:35 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazlettw View Post
I have a 2015 Pinnacle 38FLDS and have had cracks at the bottom front corners of both of my living room slides and have had them repaired 3 times by my dealer.
That's the pits.. Obviously they didn't get the proper repair guidance from JAYCO.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #28

My dealer said that they followed the manufacturers guidelines originally and the last time they put even more support into it but to no avail, he also said that they have been having this problem for 18 years with the bigger unites.Why they can't seem to fix it is beyond us,
hazlettw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:36 AM   #29

Sad high end coach would have such a serious design flaw! More Jayco garbage.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:43 PM   #30

Pinnacle stress cracks

It is sad but this is our 4th RV and each one from our class A to our pull-behind had various issues. My takeaway from the stress cracks is, you have to be very careful who you have do the repairs when they ARE needed. We were very fortunate to get an unsolicited Bob Jones recommendation from a senior RVer while waiting in line at Olive Garden a year or two earlier. FYI, the repairs costed Jayco about $14k per side. As I said before, we are very happy with the Pinnacle despite the cracks and Schwintek slide systems (another thread has that story). Lastly, Sarah and other support people at Jayco were super in handling all of our concern. The people on this forum have also been a great source for even experienced RVers like my wife and me.
jangeley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:25 PM   #31

Picked up our 2018 Pinnacle KPTS last October and spent 5 1/2 months in it over the winter. Discovered a crack in the lower left side of the bedroom slide opening this past June. Contacted Jayco customer service immediately and also went there as we were in Indiana at the time. They gave me the choice of having the repair completed at the dealer or the factory. Chose to have the repair done at the factory and they could not get our 5r in until this December. As we will be in warmer weather then, the customer service rep said it was not a problem to wait and we have repair date in April 2019. They asked if we wanted them to pick it up but I chose to deliver it myself.
Had my dealer drill a hole at the end of the crack and silicone the hole and crack to keep moisture out until the repair is made.
Old 08-27-2018, 04:34 PM   #32

It's not a brand problem it's a Lippert problem. Lippert frame issues have been going on for years. It seemed like they finally hired some decent welders as the frame problems seemed to disappear. Guess not.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:36 PM   #33

Not just the Jayco's that crack. I recall there was a guy on the Ford Trucks forum that has a '16 Montana 3790RD with the same issue. Dealer peeled off the skin and welded in braces.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
It's not a brand problem it's a Lippert probleml.
Not the frame, it's the sidewall that is reinforced. JAYCO has their own plant to make/weld the aluminum walls
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:34 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks View Post
It's not a brand problem it's a Lippert problem. Lippert frame issues have been going on for years. It seemed like they finally hired some decent welders as the frame problems seemed to disappear. Guess not.
To a very large extent, vehicles are the sum of their parts. Responsibility for the results of the selection and combination of parts and vehicle assembly belongs to the vehicle manufacturers. Whether as manufacturer owns it or not, this is where and how the buck stops.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #36

For Jayco just a numbers game, once that camper leaves the lot. There betting they never see you again! For me they will not,after two years and eleven months of warranty repairs.
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:24 AM   #37

repair info

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie camper View Post
I have the full repair manual from Jayco. Can email.
is it possible you can e mail me the crack repair info on the master slide. i have a 2019 377rlbh starting to crack. i want to have all the info i can before i consult with the dealer.
iovino1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:33 AM   #38

Aggie....sent you a private message...would love to get a copy of the manual....

Thanks
2018 Pinnacle 36KPTS

Sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 05:36 AM   #39

Our unit was just repaired at the factory (picked it up on 10/17). We chose to drop it off and pick it up but they will do it for you. In our case, it re-cracked (after the repair) only 580 miles into our trip. Jayco is picking our unit up 1st of December to figure out what went wrong with the repair. Round two...
2018 North Point 377RLBH, Roadmaster Comfort Ride, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Flexair 21k Pinbox, Victron MultiPlus II 2x120v 12v, power distribution, solar controller, smart shunt, 1000w of solar panels, 4 Lifepo4 200ah batteries
2017 Ford F350 Lariat CC DRW LB 6.7, Air Lift 7500XL with Air Lift dual channel wireless
bill3kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 07:01 AM   #40

From looking at the pictures, Jayco is attempting to add braces to the very thin alum. side wall. The issue is the main frame is flexing and causing the crack. They can try to stiffen this wall up but you will still have frame flex as they are not correcting the root cause of the problem. This is why it will crack again. My Open Range did the same thing. They add a expansion joint and it never reappeared. They then added the expansion joint to all production units the following year. With the heavy weight of the units, you will always get some frame flex, this id why you see an expansion joint on most FW.
RipinSC is offline   Reply With Quote