Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-06-2020, 01:04 PM   #1

External satellite/cable input

Hello all,
I've been an RV owner for years but bought a jayco fifth wheel over the summer. I love it so far but I'm actually at a campground that provides cable TV and I can't for the life of me find the input into the camper.

I have looked by the dump tank controls (command center), I have looked by the rear bumper I've looked in the wheel wells on either slide, and there is no obvious connection plate, it is driving me nuts.

I am assuming that it is hidden inside one of my storage doors, since there doesn't appear to be anything outside, other than a power outlet and some temperature sensors. Also found by accident my solar input, and some nice gas fittings.... But not sat/cable input. Any ideas?

2020 Jayco eagle 319 MLOK fifth wheel

Thanks, josh
Joshuaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #2

Look in the water hookup area up high... Like up close to the light.. Should be a couple... One is external antenna/ cable... The other will be labelled satellite or aux

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:44 PM   #3

Once you find it make sure you turn the little amp off for the roof mounted antenna. Cable will not work with it on.. Then on tv go into setup change input to cable and do a channel scan

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 12-06-2020, 02:11 PM   #4

Thanks road runner, will check when back at camper, dinner with wife right now, was almost late due to search for input, I have a bit of an obsession once I get started, LOL!
Old 12-07-2020, 07:31 AM   #5

road runner - I did find the input, on the opposite side (Passenger side). It was labelled satellite output... which I think is wierd, but at least I found it. I had stared at it 5-6 times but ignored it when I read "output". I thought maybe it was for a side mounted TV, but then after not finding it anywhere else, I tried it. It also didn't have the little DC connector, like the other 2 TV's had, so it was worth a shot.

I tried scanning with the antenna booster on the first time and was like "#@$$", then realized I had to turn that off. Works great - thanks for the quick response!
Thanks,
Josh
Old 12-07-2020, 10:17 AM   #6

That's odd it's on passenger side. Normally on drivers side on 5th wheels.. Most campgrounds have the hookups on drivers side or the rear.. You may be back feeding from that one which is there if you want a TV under the awning.
I would search again in the water hookup area. Inside the basement door on driver's side... Take a pic and post. On our eagle we have a hookup on passenger side as well and a cable portal in the floor. Run power and cable in thru it and you have tv under awning.

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
Old 12-07-2020, 10:41 AM   #7

Completely agree, that is my experience as well. It probably is backfeeding, but seems to work, surprisingly.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20201207_163432405.jpg   PXL_20201207_163429174.jpg   PXL_20201207_163441644.jpg   PXL_20201207_163512138.jpg  
Old 12-07-2020, 11:25 AM   #8

looks like its in the white section above the hose hookup.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:57 AM   #9

that is the solar quick connect (2 prong connector). while it is easy to see on my phone, the resolution uploaded wasn't the best, trust me, I stared at it for a while.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:04 PM   #10

While it isn't hooked up the way I would like it, it is working. At this point, wondering if they forgot to cut a hole somewhere.... I have 2 internal TV's, and 1 external TV connection (in outside kitchen) - all with a DC connector for an external antenna, and an RJ-58 connector for coax.

This was the only spot that just had 1 coax connector - so by process of elimination this was the only spot that made sense to me.

Either way, while it makes my OCD twitch (cable running across storage compartment - easy to snag/rip out), it is working..... maybe next time I'm near a dealer, I'll pop in and see if others of that style are set up the same way.... I have crawled along the Ibeams at the bottom, along both slides, as well as looked under the slides (I found where the coax goes into the slide from underneath for the main tv, what a ****ty install - cable hanging about 4 inches from a tire!)
thanks again,
josh
Old 12-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshuaz View Post
that is the solar quick connect (2 prong connector). while it is easy to see on my phone, the resolution uploaded wasn't the best, trust me, I stared at it for a while.
I edited my original response..after realizing that the round black thing above faucet was prob Solar hookups .. sorry for that.

It looks like right above the fresh water hose it has SAT, CABLE and ANT.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2021JayFlight28BHS View Post
I edited my original response..after realizing that the round black thing above faucet was prob Solar hookups .. sorry for that.

It looks like right above the fresh water hose it has SAT, CABLE and ANT.
Holy @#$@#$, I think you are right. It is so obvious it is almost punching me in the face. I suck. And thank you for the 2nd/3rd set of eyes. I have used this expression before, but really feel it at this moment! "you can't fix stupid".... Have a great day, LOL!
Josh
Old 12-07-2020, 05:41 PM   #13

Yours is the same as on our 317 RLOK (identical)....but they mis-wired the plugs at the factory on ours. It took some head scratching..,.the "Cable" worked fine with park cable coax into that position. But I just could not get the DISH satellite to work when plugged into the "SAT" slot (it worked fine if I brought the coax in a window to the SAT box). It finally dawned on me to try the other plug, labeled "AUX" - which works perfectly!

So, I printed a couple labels to stick over the factory molded plastic identifications as it was much easier than taking the whole water panel down. If I ever need to open the panel, I'll swap the cables. But for now, to watch satellite, I plug coax from the antenna to the "AUX" plug.

Hope yours is connected correctly.

Gregcass
gregcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 08:36 PM   #14

Glad you found it! We all have those human enlightment moments! Gets worse as we age I think

RoadrunnerII

2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider