Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #21

18g seems what folks are happy with in Phoenix where did you get the stainless? Thanks
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:04 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
I have 8 rollers under the kit. slide. You proobably do also. Go to this post and take a look.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ing-60323.html
How are the rollers lubricated, if in fact they are? Someone mentioned spraying them with dry lubricant really improved the movement.
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #23

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Total weight of slide out divided by 8 rollers. Just put to TW scales on a jack and start lifting a bit. Smile bedreinv!
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:22 AM   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Rollers have nylon bushings, bearings cost to much.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:27 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Rollers have nylon bushings, bearings cost to much.
Then I would think spraying the axles where they enter the bushings with white lithium grease would help.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 08-17-2018, 09:32 PM   #26

Rock must have fallen asleep and missed this thread. He took his rig back to Jayco and they installed 3/16” Teflon strips like the aluminum/stainless strips being discussed.
There’s a picture of it in a thread somewhere in the forum.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #27

Here it is.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ads-56614.html
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
Old 08-17-2018, 10:05 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Rock must have fallen asleep and missed this thread. He took his rig back to Jayco and they installed 3/16” Teflon strips like the aluminum/stainless strips being discussed.
There’s a picture of it in a thread somewhere in the forum.
So they must know there is a problem with that big slide out..............I'll see what they will do for my kitchen slide that is really laboring to go in and out!!
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 08-18-2018, 06:55 AM   #29

Mine labour’s too. Just the fridge side. The other side sounds good.
It’s been to the dealer 5 times for the slide being ****ty.
One time they replaced the whole mechanism. $2500.
Took it home and the first time i used it, to leave for camping, it jammed.
Fixed it again. Worked for a few times.
Going back next Saturday for the 7th time.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
18g seems what folks are happy with in Phoenix where did you get the stainless? Thanks
I use Metal Supermarkets up here in Ontario for my metal needs. They are in Phoenix too.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:21 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
So they must know there is a problem with that big slide out..............I'll see what they will do for my kitchen slide that is really laboring to go in and out!!
I would think that the sheet metal would help if the rollers have dug into the floor wood. If they are rolling fine then it wouldn't help with the labouring of the motors. I don't know what bearing the rollers have but reducing friction in the system would be the only way to make it all move easier short of a more powerful or lower geared drive system.
PlayersZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:19 AM   #32

AKRUEBBE I went to the dinning room slide today. That slide has the Through Frame Slide-Out-System.
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...Out-Manual.pdf

I cleaned everything up out side and put some of the Super Slick Stuff on it.
[IMG][/IMG]

I ran the slide in a little. I took a brush and cleaned behind the seal.
[IMG][/IMG]

On the inside I put some of the Super Slick Stuff on the wear plate (I think that is what it is called).
[IMG][/IMG]

I could really tell a difference on how it was working. Very smooth.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #33

When we bought our Jayco 29.5 BHDS last summer, 2017, I know, not as big as your North Point but still the point is the same, ours also moaned and sounded like it was killing a cat every time we used the largest slide.
We wound up taking it in for several things, including the slide and found out the entire slide had been incorrectly installed and was not square in the slide out room area. It is now and has since worked fine and quietly. Were it me I would want to make sure about things before spending a lot of money that might not fix the real issue. Good luck with whatever it turns out to be.
Tdbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:03 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdbrwn View Post
When we bought our Jayco 29.5 BHDS last summer, 2017, I know, not as big as your North Point but still the point is the same, ours also moaned and sounded like it was killing a cat every time we used the largest slide.
We wound up taking it in for several things, including the slide and found out the entire slide had been incorrectly installed and was not square in the slide out room area. It is now and has since worked fine and quietly. Were it me I would want to make sure about things before spending a lot of money that might not fix the real issue. Good luck with whatever it turns out to be.
Thanks for your input! Our North Point is only 4 months old so I don't plan on spending a dime on it for problems while it is still under warranty. Glad to hear they were able to pinpoint the problem for you.
Formerly from Sequim, WA
Old 08-22-2018, 04:54 PM   #35

Quote:
Yes, you're right it is a Slim Rack. Looking at the manual, it appears a floor roller can be used but is not supplied by Power Gear/Slim Rack, which leads me to believe that Jayco is NOT putting in floor rollers!! The system is designed for slides up to 1,500 pounds. I'd say Jayco may have pushed it a little!!
We had a similar experience on our Jayco Pinnacle but not with that supplier. Ours was Lippert/schwinntech or whatever. I called the manufacturer who was very helpful, especially since our warrantee was expired. They of course, had experience with a certain amount of failures and did have a cure. They sent me, at dealer cost, a complete replacement kit that included upgraded motors, one additional shaft for each side, and complete instructions for r and r. Our slide was 18' and included the kitchen and living room appliances, furniture. It was not properly designed by Jayco/Lippert but Lippert was all over it. 8 hour labor bill and $600 for parts put us back in shape!
Pinnacle Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 05:33 PM   #36

Maybe the battery

Mine Moans and groans when the battery is in need of charging
rhouthoofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #37

Quote:
Figured if I started a thread about this I may get more information. I have a 2018 North Point with the kitchen slide which holds a lot of weight. TV, fireplace, pantry, microwave, stove, oven and a residential fridge. We took delivery this past April and have been on 3 trips, maybe running that slide in and out 8 to 10 times. It's really starting to moan & grown. I was told you could have "Extra Roller Brackets" installed. My question is, is there a kit for this, do you take it to the dealer, do you contact Jayco and tell them the slide mechanism is trash. Any feed back would be appreciated. I'm certain anyone with a big slide like that must be having similar symptoms.
I just had one of the slide out motors, under warranty, replaced on my kitchen slide that has a residential refrigerator, Micro-wave, stove with oven, TV, Fireplace, and several drawers. I have a 2017 Jayco Pinnacle and this slide out is pretty much identical to the North Point. My slide out has 8 rollers along the floor. I do not see how you could get another roller under the slide out or that at least mine could use it. I use Liquid Wrench RV Silicon spray. I spray under the rubber flaps on the outside and spray the rollers under the slide out. and wipe up the excess from the floor. The motors still seem like they struggle some even after spraying but much better than before. BTW the motors for that slide out are around $440 to $550.
Amazon does have the Lippert rollers for $55.60: Lippert 320500 J38 Roller for In-Wall Slide-Out.
Hope this helps....
JPKendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPKendall View Post
I just had one of the slide out motors, under warranty, replaced on my kitchen slide that has a residential refrigerator, Micro-wave, stove with oven, TV, Fireplace, and several drawers. I have a 2017 Jayco Pinnacle and this slide out is pretty much identical to the North Point. My slide out has 8 rollers along the floor. I do not see how you could get another roller under the slide out or that at least mine could use it. I use Liquid Wrench RV Silicon spray. I spray under the rubber flaps on the outside and spray the rollers under the slide out. and wipe up the excess from the floor. The motors still seem like they struggle some even after spraying but much better than before. BTW the motors for that slide out are around $440 to $550.
Amazon does have the Lippert rollers for $55.60: Lippert 320500 J38 Roller for In-Wall Slide-Out.
Hope this helps....
I just did the silicon spray on the ends of the rollers and I do see a dramatic improvement..............I love silicon. Those rollers have nylon bushings so the silicon spray are the best treatment.
Formerly from Sequim, WA