Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2015, 05:45 PM   #1

Factory Tour

Went on factory tour on 2-23-15. It was a good trip and would recommend it if you are in the area. We timed our visit to see our new Pinnacle 38FLSA being built. Our dealer gave us the vin and the date it was to come off of the line. It was a little over 1/2 finished. The tour lasted about 1 1/2 hours counting the 15 min video they show before.
Something i noticed that they have changed was that they added 2 small windows on each side of the bed in the slide out. I think that will be good for a cool night time breeze.

Also... FYI they have changed the TV's to Vizio series E smart TV instead of the Sharp Aquos. They said that the contract was over with Sharp and Vizio got the new contract.

Come on Spring!
Attached Thumbnails
20150223_123644.jpg  
Old 02-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #2

That's great you got to see your rig being built...is it like watching sausage being made ? LOL We plan on taking the tour this spring. Do they offer tours of more than one plant ? Adding windows is a nice feature.

Good luck with your new rig !

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:02 PM   #3

We did the tour last November also. It is definitely worth the trip. I never realized how many RV manufacturers are in this area. If you are in the area it is also worth a trip to Shipshewana IN and eat at Blue Gate Restaurant. Less than 10 miles from the Jayco factory. Lots of shops throughout this Amish community.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
That's great you got to see your rig being built...is it like watching sausage being made ? LOL We plan on taking the tour this spring. Do they offer tours of more than one plant ? Adding windows is a nice feature.

Good luck with your new rig !
We made arrangements with our Jayco salesman who set us up a private tour at the factory. If you just go on the regular tour you won't get to see as much. We went thru the plant making 5th wheels and the lamination plant. Then the rep at the factory arranged for us to see finsihed trailers in the models that we were interested in. Made it easy for us to make our final decision on which model to go with.
jayfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:12 PM   #5

We did the tour last June. Very interesting. They were showing the Pinnacle assembly building as well as a few other operations. At the time they were putting out 7 Pinnacles a day and were gearing up to do 9 a day.
Also, if you're in the area, Don't miss the RV/Motorhome Hall of Fame. That is also very interesting. For some of us old folks, it brings back a lot of memories too!
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rryman View Post
We did the tour last June. Very interesting. They were showing the Pinnacle assembly building as well as a few other operations. At the time they were putting out 7 Pinnacles a day and were gearing up to do 9 a day.
Also, if you're in the area, Don't miss the RV/Motorhome Hall of Fame. That is also very interesting. For some of us old folks, it brings back a lot of memories too!
Are their other RV mfg in the area that also offer tours? The RV/Motorhome Hall of Fame is also on our list. Any other suggestions?

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:11 PM   #7

TV upgrade seems nice to me. I would rather see an upgrade in tires though...
Shin Pond Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:02 PM   #8

……………...Are their other RV mfg in the area that also offer tours?

Don't know about tours of other factories. We were only interested in Jayco. Others probably do offer tours though. You might check through their websites.
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:06 AM   #9

No it wasnt like seeing sausage being made...lol it was what i expected. They were running 9 units a day. As far as tires go they have switched from the Tow max(Blow-Max) to Rainier brand. I dont know alot about them. Hopefully they are better...but for what you pay for their top of the line 5ver they should put on the Goodyear G614.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
As far as tires go they have switched from the Tow max(Blow-Max) to Rainier brand. I dont know alot about them. Hopefully they are better...but for what you pay for their top of the line 5ver they should put on the Goodyear G614.
It seems strange that Jayco trailers and 5th wheels come with tires that their owners do not like, but our MH had pretty good Michelins.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #11

I agree... has anyone had experience with Rainier Tires?
Old 02-26-2015, 04:20 PM   #12

IIRC there was some discussion here last year about RAINIER.
Old 02-26-2015, 05:04 PM   #13

we opted for the private tour too as we wanted to see the eagle line ... it was interesting to see how the walls were built and on the line how quickly they went from one station to the next.. a little scary to see how fast they worked and built parts... it would take me a year to build one ... so have there been problems with the towmax tires ... I think I have those on my tt
Old 02-27-2015, 01:30 AM   #14

Quote:
I agree... has anyone had experience with Rainier Tires?
Had Rainers on our Eagle Premier that was shipped in December. They had roughly 3000 miles on them when 2 developed bubbles through the beads while they've sat in the driveway the last 2 months. I bought Goodyear G614s.

I never found a country of origin printed on the Rainers, but they are obviously poor quality.

Camping nights: 2019 - Too many to count, 2020 - 3
BeachRetreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 07:07 AM   #15

"improve the bedroom with 2 windows"??? I don't know about the rest of you but I use the bedroom for sleeping and I like to sleep late. Additional windows mean more light comes in at daylight or campground security lights. I can't sleep when lights are shining in my eyes. That just means more windows for me to black out. Our bedroom has a large window at the foot of the bed over the dresser and a smaller window right beside my head in the sleeping position. I have blacked both of them out with heavy black construction paper. Can't see your hand in front of your face in there now! lol
But I sleep real good, and late!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:51 PM   #16

Quote:
Went on factory tour on 2-23-15. It was a good trip and would recommend it if you are in the area. We timed our visit to see our new Pinnacle 38FLSA being built. Our dealer gave us the vin and the date it was to come off of the line. It was a little over 1/2 finished. The tour lasted about 1 1/2 hours counting the 15 min video they show before.
Something i noticed that they have changed was that they added 2 small windows on each side of the bed in the slide out. I think that will be good for a cool night time breeze.

Also... FYI they have changed the TV's to Vizio series E smart TV instead of the Sharp Aquos. They said that the contract was over with Sharp and Vizio got the new contract.

Come on Spring!
We have this model on our short list. (also Montana 3791 RD and Bay Hill 379FL). I think we may need to visit the factory just to set foot in one. Live out side Chicago so it isn't a huge drive. Either the Local dealer or Indiana internet dealer could set it up. May visit a couple Mfgs while we are there. Lots of money so good to understand how how the sausage is made.

They still putting in a 60" TV? Seems Huge. What is the speaker system arrangement?

When do you take delivery?
What is your planned tow vehicle?
holligl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #17

I see your original post you have a Dodge DRW. I'm thinking a 1T DRW is the best idea for this model.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #18

Just talked to our salesman today. He said they expect it to be delivered around the 5th or 6th. We went to Thompson's family RV in Davenport IA. Kent Mathews our salesman was great. That would only be a 3 1/2 hour drive or so for you. They dont have any on hand now but I believe that they are getting 3 more that was ordered the same time as ours. We looked at the Montana, they are a dealer for them as well, and the Bay Hill. Once we looked at the Jayco it was all over. We felt the Jayco had a higher quality feel and liked the 2 year warranty.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #19

I just looked they have 3 that are not spoken for yet. I went to the Chicago RV show and they did not have any there said it is a hard floor plan to keep a hold of. Not sure on the speaker placement. I do know there are some in the ceiling. I think there is a center channel and a sub.

RVs - Thompson Family RV
Old 02-27-2015, 07:51 PM   #20

Quote:
I just looked they have 3 that are not spoken for yet. I went to the Chicago RV show and they did not have any there said it is a hard floor plan to keep a hold of. Not sure on the speaker placement. I do know there are some in the ceiling. I think there is a center channel and a sub.

RVs - Thompson Family RV
Thanks - I will be driving through there on Monday, I may stop in. I have heard the were good to work with. We went to the RV show at the Rosemont a couple weeks ago. Only Illinois dealers there and no FLSA's or Bay Hills.