Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2021, 09:32 AM   #1

Finally!!!!!! #2

Hi all
This is a follow up.

We took delivery of the new Pinnacle 36KPTS this past Fri.

Moving everything from the old to the new was a pain, but it's done.
We spent a total of 5 days living in it as we made the change over.

Our dealer will now transfer over the washer and dryer. That would have already been done but I had them hold off, I wanted to see if it was possible to put them side by side instead of stacked up, but I couldn't make that work, so stacked up it will be.

Overall first impression, high tech to the max, nicely finished inside and out.

As others have said, in the belly of the beast, it's a rats nest of wire, pipe, and ducting. I will straighten it out as time goes by.

That's it for now. We will take it for the first shakedown after they are done with washer/dryer. Probably 2 to 3 weeks because I have to order a bunch of accessories that I want to install when we head there.
1SUPER1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:37 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new Pinnacle. Hope all goes well.
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:43 PM   #3
Site Team

Very nice! Nothing like that "new camper" smell!

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 09:02 PM   #4

Congrats, enjoy and stay safe.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:30 PM   #5

Hi 1Super1,

I have the same trailer you do and I am curious about your stackable laundry install. In our 2021 36KPTS, the laundry hookups and label showing where to drill for the dryer are located up about 36" from the floor on the right wall of the bedroom closet. There does not appear to be enough clearance for the utility hook-ups with a stacked dryer. Are your utility connections in the same place? If so, how did the dealer successfully install the stackable appliances; especially, the dryer vent in such tight quarters?

I appreciate any insight you can provide -- my wife and I would like to install stackable laundry appliances in our rig!
JCoPinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:05 AM   #6

Congratulations! You got an excellent 5er.

We are truly thrilled with our new Jayco and hope the same for you and your family.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:17 AM   #7

Thank you for the well wishes, Stan & Sharon!
Old 09-14-2021, 07:23 AM   #8

Party at your trailer!

Congrats!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:25 AM   #9

Congrats and enjoy your new Pinnacle.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #10

Congratulations and I hope you have many trouble free miles and smiles.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 12:22 PM   #11

Hi JacoPinnacle
Yes the washer/dryer hook ups are in the same place.
I was not there when they installed them, however my prior conversations with the techs that were going to do it, told me that the dryer vent would have to go through the back wall of the closet, into the void, then make a right turn out through the side wall.
I will tell you that they remove the angled shelves anchor the washer to the floor with brackets and attach the dryer to the washer with brackets. there is no space on either side.
We are on our maiden voyage as I write this, we have done 3 or 4 loads that they work fine.
Please don't hesitate to ask anything else.
How is your Pinnacle doing.
We have had a Kitchen Slide issue and a shower leak, but other then that it's doing well. Fun figuring everything out, because the literature is piss poor, and it's different then our previous unit.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:27 PM   #12

Thank you for the information regarding the stackable laundry appliances, 1SUPER1! Would it be possible for you to post pictures of the appliances inside the trailer and the dryer vent outside of the trailer?

We were out in our Pinnacle this last weekend for the first time and everything went well! We are having an issue with interfacing the BMPRO Jaycommand controller with the Winegard gateway. The controller continuously says "Fetching Info" on the Winegard settings menu in the Jaycommand application and does not allow us to change our internet source through the controller. Fortunately I am able to change these settings directly through the Winegard gateway, but it would be more convenient to do so through the wall mounted controller. After several weeks of interaction with BMPRO's technical support staff, they have concluded that a new controller is needed; so, my dealer will get to handle it when I go in for service next. As I write these words I can't help but feel the irony of worrying about laundry appliances and internet connections for camping while not all that long ago my dad would only worry about things like a sleeping bag, matches, and an ice chest...

Hopefully your dealer quickly addresses your kitchen slide and shower leak. This is our second Jayco Pinnacle. Our first was a 2013 RETS which we bought new off the lot and traded for our current Pinnacle that we factory ordered a few months ago. We had several years of trouble-free service from our 2013 once we got the initial bugs worked out of it. I expect the same to be true of our current rig.

Please keep us apprised of how resolution of your issues proceed with Jayco and don't hesitate to reach out if we may be of assistance!
Old 09-21-2021, 03:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCoPinnacle View Post
Thank you for the information regarding the stackable laundry appliances, 1SUPER1! Would it be possible for you to post pictures of the appliances inside the trailer and the dryer vent outside of the trailer?

We were out in our Pinnacle this last weekend for the first time and everything went well! We are having an issue with interfacing the BMPRO Jaycommand controller with the Winegard gateway. The controller continuously says "Fetching Info" on the Winegard settings menu in the Jaycommand application and does not allow us to change our internet source through the controller. Fortunately I am able to change these settings directly through the Winegard gateway, but it would be more convenient to do so through the wall mounted controller. After several weeks of interaction with BMPRO's technical support staff, they have concluded that a new controller is needed; so, my dealer will get to handle it when I go in for service next. As I write these words I can't help but feel the irony of worrying about laundry appliances and internet connections for camping while not all that long ago my dad would only worry about things like a sleeping bag, matches, and an ice chest...

Hopefully your dealer quickly addresses your kitchen slide and shower leak. This is our second Jayco Pinnacle. Our first was a 2013 RETS which we bought new off the lot and traded for our current Pinnacle that we factory ordered a few months ago. We had several years of trouble-free service from our 2013 once we got the initial bugs worked out of it. I expect the same to be true of our current rig.

Please keep us apprised of how resolution of your issues proceed with Jayco and don't hesitate to reach out if we may be of assistance!

We also have a '21 Pinnacle and would you mind expanding on the Issue you are having with the BMPRO? We just got back from our second trip in the unit this week. Mine says fetching info as well, just didn't realize it was an issue. It seemed to work ok but not always had a WiFi signal. I would have to do as you did, and manually choose the WiFi signal through the Gateway controller. I just thought this was normal. I was under the impression that the Gateway, once set up, would choose the signal at the new location and if needed ask for a password. So, I am a bit confused now as to what the gateway is supposed to do. I lost the ability to use the App under WiFi last week at home. The unit sits just outside Bluetooth range here at home, and the Winegard and WiFi at home made all the difference, then it stopped. Now we are back from our trip, and the App is working again with WiFi, although I may be connected to the home signal not through the Winegard . I will check today to make sure.
Thanks
Rene
Old 09-21-2021, 04:41 AM   #14

Update, walked out to the Pinnacle. On the BMPRO wall panel it says Winegard unavailable, but on the gateway it shows me connected through the Winegard, nice full signal, and below it the home WiFi shows as saved. So it switched on its own as I am pretty certain I connected it yesterday afternoon through the home signal and not Winegard. I am recalling that I tried the phone App on WiFi a couple of times at the RV park, and it would lose the signal outside of Bluetooth range. Initially I had issues getting the Winegard to work, and for some reason I went to the Winegard setup page with the laptop, and once again told it to connect via WiFi and it seemed to work fine after that, but didn't think it was normal for me to have to do this at every new location. Every so often, I would have no WiFi signal and I would switch manually to the RV Park's WiFi. A couple of times I had to input the password during the first 2 days, but that stopped after a while. Reminded me of resorts we stay in the islands, where the WiFi had to be reconnected every morning. So, the confusion mounts. If you don't mind guiding me on what you are doing, it will help me if I end up talking to The BMPRO folks. I know my dealer's expertise on this is not deep, lol.
Old 09-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #15

Pictures

Quote:

I hope these pics help. you may have to rotate some of them I don't know why they are not oriented correctly
Attached Thumbnails
20210921_223502.jpg   20210921_223510.jpg   20210921_223529.jpg   20210922_125729.jpg  
Old 09-23-2021, 12:21 PM   #16

Thank you so much for the pictures!
Old 09-23-2021, 12:32 PM   #17

Hi Rene,

On the Jaycommand controller, you are supposed to be able to select the internet source for your Winegard gateway; thus, eliminating the need to use the Winegard app or Winegard admin page at http://10.11.12.1 to set the internet source. However, when I setup the Winegard gateway on the Jaycommand controller, it simply says "Fetching Info" continously and never shows the menu where I can select my internet source. Pages 21-23 of the Jaycommand manual show pictures of the menu I am referencing as well as the features it offers.

I spent several weeks working with BMPRO's technical support trying to get this feature to work. Unfortunately, they believe the controller panel on the wall of my Pinnacle needs to be replaced. I reached out to Jayco and they advised me that I need to work through my dealer to secure a replacement. So, I have added this to the list of items that need attention when I take the rig back for warranty service.
Old 09-23-2021, 01:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Hi Rene,

On the Jaycommand controller, you are supposed to be able to select the internet source for your Winegard gateway; thus, eliminating the need to use the Winegard app or Winegard admin page at http://10.11.12.1 to set the internet source. However, when I setup the Winegard gateway on the Jaycommand controller, it simply says "Fetching Info" continously and never shows the menu where I can select my internet source. Pages 21-23 of the Jaycommand manual show pictures of the menu I am referencing as well as the features it offers.

I spent several weeks working with BMPRO's technical support trying to get this feature to work. Unfortunately, they believe the controller panel on the wall of my Pinnacle needs to be replaced. I reached out to Jayco and they advised me that I need to work through my dealer to secure a replacement. So, I have added this to the list of items that need attention when I take the rig back for warranty service.

Thank You. I will go look in the manual at those pages. So far, every time we pull in somewhere I have to find the local WiFi, on the panel, but off the Jaycommand App if this makes any sense. I go to the network prompt and select the signal I want. If a password is required, type it in. After that I return to Jaycommand. Later on if i return to the network prompt, which I had to this last trip as I was losing the signal a couple of times, it showed Winegard in charge and below the local park signal as saved. Weird. Right now at home I connected to the home signal after this last trip, but when I go back and check, somehow Winegard is at the top and our local signal below as saved.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:47 PM   #19

Quote:
Hi Rene,

I went out to the unit and fiddled with it some. it says fetching info, and I see what you mean. I made the mistake of calling Winegard before realizing it is not their belly wick. He didn't care about the "wall panel", IE. BMPRO. All he wanted to do was go to their http://10.11.12.1 page. I told him Winegard is working fine, and once in the page it showed the home network being "controlled"? by Winegard . Did you talk to the folks at BMPRO? Or did you play the email tag game? Being in Aussie land, it takes 2-3 days to hear from them. I found a BMPRO Smart Temp gadget in a drawer with all the tire temp monitor box and tools they included. I had to go online to see what it was, and have been unable to get it to pair with the BMPRO panel. They finally blew me off and said to let the dealer handle it!! Not a biggie, but now you have my curiosity picked. It could be the panel.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:40 PM   #20

I conferred with BMPRO through e-mail. I felt they were truly trying to help and many of the maneuvers they recommended to try to rectify the problem made sense to me; unfortunately, these efforts did not correct the problem. I will have the dealer replace the wall mounted controller to see if that helps. I haven't bothered with the tire pressure monitor system; so, I can't speak to that aspect of the system.