Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2021, 10:41 AM   #1
jsk

Fireplace Power

We were cleaning our camper this weekend so we can take to dealer
for the recall and had the fireplace on. When we finished we turned everything off and I went to turn most of the breakers off. I learned that the fireplace breaker was already off. To double check with breaker off I went to fireplace and it turned on. The result is there are 2 outlets in TV, fireplace area and both of them work off of the inverter breaker. I verified with a meter.

I have not yet found an outlet that the fireplace breaker is tied to. I didn't check all outlets to see which were tied to the inverter but there are at least 3.

We have not had any problems running everything at one time on shore power. When on battery power we only run the residential style fridge.

During our PDI I checked all outlets but did not check to see if breaker labeling was correct.

My concern is by the label the inverter and fireplace are on different legs. In reality they are on the same leg.

Am I missing something? Any ideas/suggestions on how to go about troubleshooting? Any other thoughts?

We have a 2017 387rdfs.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2021, 11:16 AM   #2

This is as simple as the breakers are not labeled correctly.
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #3
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
This is as simple as the breakers are not labeled correctly.

Fireplace and inverter go off at same time when turning breaker off labeled inverter.

I need to do more troubleshooting after we get camper back. I'm wondering of any potential OL hazards.

Thanks for the reply
Old 01-04-2021, 12:55 PM   #4

Is their a nameplate on the fireplace with watts and voltage listed on it? Also, what is the output wattage of the inverter?
Vicr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:00 PM   #5

Pull the face of the breaker panel and see how many wires is connect to the inverter breaker. If there's 2 it just a matter of determining which one is for the inverter and which or for the fireplace. Move the one for the fireplace to the fireplace breaker. If only one well that just the way it was wired and would be hard to change.
Old 01-04-2021, 06:02 PM   #6

One other thing the fireplace will pull right at 12 amps.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:32 PM   #7
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicr View Post
Is their a nameplate on the fireplace with watts and voltage listed on it? Also, what is the output wattage of the inverter?

The 2017 came with a 1000w Xantrex. I don’t know fireplace details off the top of my head and the camper is closed up ready to go to dealer. I have not looked at enough specifics yet. I know fridge and fireplace and a few outlets loose power when throwing inverter breaker which is 20a.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:34 PM   #8
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoMLOK View Post
Pull the face of the breaker panel and see how many wires is connect to the inverter breaker. If there's 2 it just a matter of determining which one is for the inverter and which or for the fireplace. Move the one for the fireplace to the fireplace breaker. If only one well that just the way it was wired and would be hard to change.

This will be my next step when we get camper back. Hopefully it will not be any more than 2 months. Thanks
Old 01-07-2021, 07:33 PM   #9

If you want to dig into it.. pull out the bottom drawer next to pantry, there is an octagon box or 2 on the floor. The the wiring that comes into it comes from a flexible wire that can move with the slide, then they wire nut the romex wires that go to the power spots in the slide. Figure out which wire is what. They probably connected your fireplace wire wrong.
This is how I connected my TV plug and the plug beside the TV to the inverter. In 2016 they didn’t have anything but the fridge connected to the inverter.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote