Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #1

First 5ver-Few Questions

Hello All:

I just stumbled upon this sight this morning and signed up.

We purchased a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38-FLSA. We now have the unit for 6 months and are on our 6th trip which is our first week of a 6 week journey to the Florida Everglades and Keys. Our prior trips have been a short few days to 1 week.

So far the unit has been great, it is very comfortable and meets our needs. Just wanted to see how other owners have been doing with there unit.

On our recent stop I noticed the Kitchen slide started extending one side quicker than the other so I retracted it and did the same. After a week at the current stop I wanted to check it and it only would retract about 4 inches and then stopped. I had to go outside and give it a push to come in. (Sounds like one motor is running faster than the other) Any Suggestions?

Also another issue is the rear closet, all the clothes always are on the floor when we arrive. I tried putting a larger PVC tube around the wood pole and found hangers that clip around and hold tight but have not driven to our next stop yet to see if it worked. (Any Suggestions)

Other small issues which was a broken pipe under the Bathroom sink I fixed myself $9.00 out of pocket repair. Only thing I am disappointed in is some of the trimming work was done very sloppy and nails popping out of the ceiling moldings. Also the Denver Mattress was horrible changed to a home style type.

Attached is a picture of when we went to the Daytona 500.

Regards and Happy and Safe Travels,

E.R.
Attached Thumbnails
WP_20150218_029.jpg  
Old 05-02-2015, 10:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoRod64 View Post

Also another issue is the rear closet, all the clothes always are on the floor when we arrive. I tried putting a larger PVC tube around the wood pole and found hangers that clip around and hold tight but have not driven to our next stop yet to see if it worked. (Any Suggestions)

Our first travel trailer had a rear bedroom. We finally gave up on trying to solve this issue and just carried our clothes on the bed and hung them in the closet when we arrived at our destination. We swore we'd never have a rear bedroom again.

We bought a 2013 351RLTS a couple of years ago. It has the bedroom at the front and the closet in the nose. That works a lot better for us.
etex211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by etex211 View Post
Our first travel trailer had a rear bedroom. We finally gave up on trying to solve this issue and just carried our clothes on the bed and hung them in the closet when we arrived at our destination. We swore we'd never have a rear bedroom again.

We bought a 2013 351RLTS a couple of years ago. It has the bedroom at the front and the closet in the nose. That works a lot better for us.
We have a different model but same problem. My wife attached a bungy across the bar and it stops the swinging and jumping and the hangers stay in place.

2020 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak Titanium
2013 Eagle 29.5RKS (traded in)
2013 Ford 6.7L diesel F350
Cosmik Debris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:26 PM   #4

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:59 PM   #5

The slide out may be out of sync. You fully extend the slide holding the swtich until the motors stop you then bring it in 2 inches. Repeat that several times and see if it works properly. When the slide stopped on you were you using the remote? May be a weak battery in the remote. I had that problem so I use the manual switches until I can get a new battery, now the lights go out as soon as I push extend or retract.

As to the clothes, we use the stay put hangers and I fastened a block of wood above the rod on the right side (the bracket that is open on top). I also glued that bracket using super glue when I put the screw back in. .

Ditto on the DENVER Mattress, it is now sitting in the basement.

We spent 4 months in our right after we got it and love it. JAYCO did have to replace the heat pump/ ac, but that was actually a COLEMAN issue. The reversing valve was sticking.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:17 AM   #6

Good Morning:

Thank you for your posts......Will advise on the outcome of the slide and my MacGyver rear closet pole modification.

@ Grumpy. I remember seeing your set up at Disney-Fort Wilderness, I stopped over to say hello but you were not there but I spoke with the other couple across from you with the JAYCO 5er.

Regards,

E.R.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:52 AM   #7

Congratulations on your new 5'er, and welcome to the JOF!

Can't help with the slide issue, but I can help with the cloths hangers popping off the rod. I purchased Stay-Put Hangers from Camping World several years ago, and they work GREAT! In fact, they work so well, they're sometimes hard to get off the pole. Just have to give them a sharp tug.

Happy Camping!
Old 05-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Hello All:

I just stumbled upon this sight this morning and signed up.

We purchased a 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 38-FLSA. We now have the unit for 6 months and are on our 6th trip which is our first week of a 6 week journey to the Florida Everglades and Keys. Our prior trips have been a short few days to 1 week.

So far the unit has been great, it is very comfortable and meets our needs. Just wanted to see how other owners have been doing with there unit.

On our recent stop I noticed the Kitchen slide started extending one side quicker than the other so I retracted it and did the same. After a week at the current stop I wanted to check it and it only would retract about 4 inches and then stopped. I had to go outside and give it a push to come in. (Sounds like one motor is running faster than the other) Any Suggestions?

Other small issues which was a broken pipe under the Bathroom sink I fixed myself $9.00 out of pocket repair. Only thing I am disappointed in is some of the trimming work was done very sloppy and nails popping out of the ceiling moldings. Also the Denver Mattress was horrible changed to a home style type.

Attached is a picture of when we went to the Daytona 500.

Regards and Happy and Safe Travels,

E.R.
Welcome and congrats!

The slides can get out of sync and this occurs mostly on a partial in our out cycle. When you stop mid stream the control thinks this is the end and resets the stop sequence. Now the next time it goes out the motors might be out of sync and you have a crooked slide trying to go in or out. There is s sequence to get them back to sync and it takes serval cycles at specific points in and out to get it back. There is a posting to the sequence on this site somewhere.

Easiest to have a dealer do it. Second once you get it back to sync you must complete the cycles and hold the button down for 3 seconds after performing the move. This will re-confirm the sync and keep your slides somewhat trouble free. I had sync issues at first, but now since doing the 3 second rule all has been well.

A closet mod would be the locking hangers of mounting a shower curtain tension rod above suring travel to limit the upward movement of the hangers.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:37 AM   #9

Good Morning:

Thanks again for the additional welcome and info (3'senough, Brownie). Update. At my next stop (Point of View RV Resort Key Largo FL) when I was ready to go yesterday (Florida Everglades) my jacks would not go up. There was an error message of (Communication error check wires) after crawling in and checking all the wires, nothing. I called LCI and they gave me some ideas and also the same info as (3'senough) said about the slide. Kitchen Slide also still having issue even after trying the resync. The result was to take off the negative wire on the control box to reset the system.

My Closet trick worked and no clothes on the floor. So far after 3 weeks in the rig no other issues as we continue our journey thur the Florida keys.

I met another person with a Jayco Pinnacle that told me about the possible recall on the Digital Door Lock that mine stopped working. They say if you call it in to lock manufacture they will send you a new lock and you return the other if you dont want to go to dealer. Anyone else hear of this?

Safe Travels and will update again soon.

Regards,

E.R.
Old 05-12-2015, 08:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Good Morning:

I met another person with a Jayco Pinnacle that told me about the possible recall on the Digital Door Lock that mine stopped working. They say if you call it in to lock manufacture they will send you a new lock and you return the other if you dont want to go to dealer. Anyone else hear of this?

E.R.
Didn't hear anything about a recall, but I did pull the batteries. We had ours lock as soon as my wife touched it.

Just as easy to use the keys.