Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2018, 08:05 AM   #1

First Issues with 2019 NP377 RLBH

Well picked it up Tuesday. last night I noticed a couple of things as I was trying to learn how to use the living room entertainment setup.

1. Using the remote (the universal remote or the remote that came with the radio) to change the volume the radio continues to change the volume even after releasing the button. If I press up, it goes up as high as it goes, unless I press down. If I press down, it goes down as low as it goes until I press up. Tried three different remotes with the same results, so I guess its the radio. The same remotes also work fine with the radio in the mid-room.

2. There is a permanent green dot on the TV image. Like there is a pixle that is bad.

3. Fireplace remote (small) doesn't work, but the universal remote does work on the fireplace.

All of these items are Furrion junk. Now I get to deal with the dreaded after the sale warranty. But it could be worse.

I'll probably swap the mid-room radio and the living room radio for now, until I get this sorted out.
prm99v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #2

Had the same volume issue. Put a paperclip in the reset hole of the stereo. Let it reset and try again. Fixed it for me...
Old 06-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #3

Had same phone interface issues, paper clip reset would work for a while, but permanent fix was a new phone, iPhone 8. To be honest, a lot of my interface functions were suffering, like with my cars, until I upgraded from iPhone 6s. Just a function of high processor demand technology...

Nevemind, I see you’re having issue with the supplied remotes. Good luck with Bluetooth.
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 06:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by prm99v6 View Post
Well picked it up Tuesday. last night I noticed a couple of things as I was trying to learn how to use the living room entertainment setup.

1. Using the remote (the universal remote or the remote that came with the radio) to change the volume the radio continues to change the volume even after releasing the button. If I press up, it goes up as high as it goes, unless I press down. If I press down, it goes down as low as it goes until I press up. Tried three different remotes with the same results, so I guess its the radio. The same remotes also work fine with the radio in the mid-room.

2. There is a permanent green dot on the TV image. Like there is a pixle that is bad.

3. Fireplace remote (small) doesn't work, but the universal remote does work on the fireplace.

All of these items are Furrion junk. Now I get to deal with the dreaded after the sale warranty. But it could be worse.

I'll probably swap the mid-room radio and the living room radio for now, until I get this sorted out.
I have the same problem with the volume. I haven't tried a reset or swapping with the bunk room. Also, I can only get the sound bar to work when watching cable TV or over the air TV. I can't get it to work when using a blue ray DVD player.
Old 06-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #5

I called Furrion and apparently the entire customer service department for consumers is one person. I left a message and never heard back. I have also read where people fixed the stick pixel. It’s green so that is usually indicative of a stuck pixel.

Also checked with Jayco and they said I could go direct with Furrion if they would.

On another note, Jayco told me the reverse lights that are missing on all of the 2019 Northpoint were supposed to be built into the tail lights and not the separate light bar that’s on the Eagles. I was told that the wiring is here (yellow) so should be easy to retrofit. Was also originally told the mid-room loft vent was prepped for the third AC but the. They came back and said no it’s the kitchen vent. I can’t believe they would put two AC units two feet from each other. I guess I’ll drop the vent in the loft when I have time and see.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #6

Reset didn’t work for me unfortunately.

Tow Rig: 2015 Ford F-450 Platinum, airbags, B&W Companion hitch for factory puck system.
Old 06-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin_low View Post
I have the same problem with the volume. I haven't tried a reset or swapping with the bunk room. Also, I can only get the sound bar to work when watching cable TV or over the air TV. I can't get it to work when using a blue ray DVD player.

Mine is hooked into zone one with the ceiling speakers in the living room.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Had same phone interface issues, paper clip reset would work for a while, but permanent fix was a new phone, iPhone 8. To be honest, a lot of my interface functions were suffering, like with my cars, until I upgraded from iPhone 6s. Just a function of high processor demand technology...

Nevemind, I see you’re having issue with the supplied remotes. Good luck with Bluetooth.

Luckily, my Bluetooth connected to both radios without issue.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:04 PM   #9

My sound bar is connected to the rear aux input. I also haven't been able to connect via bluetooth. I want to take the unit out and reconnect the sound bar. Anyone know how to get it out? I'm guessing just pull and wiggle.
Old 06-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Luckily, my Bluetooth connected to both radios without issue.

What was the bluetooth procedure? Our phones don’t see the stereo. Is there a way to make the stereo discoverable?
Old 06-02-2018, 12:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron32 View Post
What was the bluetooth procedure? Our phones don’t see the stereo. Is there a way to make the stereo discoverable?
That's my problem too.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:17 PM   #12

I didn’t have to do anything on the radio. Just selected BT as the mode on the radio. I have an iPhone 6s Plus. Just put the phone in pairing mode, picked the radio, and entered the code which I believe was four zeros.

I couldn’t find any way to chose BT as the source from the remote.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #13

Quote:
I didn’t have to do anything on the radio. Just selected BT as the mode on the radio. I have an iPhone 6s Plus. Just put the phone in pairing mode, picked the radio, and entered the code which I believe was four zeros.

I couldn’t find any way to chose BT as the source from the remote.

Gotcha. Couldn’t get it with my iPhone X. I’ll try with a different device next time.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:28 AM   #14

Using the remote (the universal remote or the remote that came with the radio) to change the volume the radio continues to change the volume even after releasing the button. If I press up, it goes up as high as it goes, unless I press down. If I press down, it goes down as low as it goes until I press up. Tried three different remotes with the same results, so I guess its the radio. The same remotes also work fine with the radio in the mid-room.

I think I figured this one out. I first adjusted the volume on the stereo. Now when I use the remote, the volume works as you would expect. Shouldn't be that way, but that is what worked for me.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #15

I'll check this out.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:29 PM   #16

Well I was mistaken, it is both radios that have the volume issue. I called Furrion and they are sending me a new remote for the fireplace but they won't handle anything else. They said, I had to call Jayco. I called Jayco and they won't do anything and said I had to call my dealer. The radios are literally a one minute swap out for each. The TV is a little bit longer, I can't figure out how to get it off the mount at the moment.

But alas, I will probably have to drop it off, wait 8 months and never use the thing.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Gotcha. Couldn’t get it with my iPhone X. I’ll try with a different device next time.
This should have said "picket BT on the radio".
Old 06-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Well I was mistaken, it is both radios that have the volume issue. I called Furrion and they are sending me a new remote for the fireplace but they won't handle anything else. They said, I had to call Jayco. I called Jayco and they won't do anything and said I had to call my dealer. The radios are literally a one minute swap out for each. The TV is a little bit longer, I can't figure out how to get it off the mount at the moment.

But alas, I will probably have to drop it off, wait 8 months and never use the thing.

To get the TV off the mount from what I saw you've got to Remove the screen from the window behind it, open the window, raise the TV, then with someone holding the TV from the inside you go outside and loosen the bolts through the window.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #19

Quote:
To get the TV off the mount from what I saw you've got to Remove the screen from the window behind it, open the window, raise the TV, then with someone holding the TV from the inside you go outside and loosen the bolts through the window.
I was literally staring at this last night thinking the same thing, or that I would have to take the fireplace out.
Old 06-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #20

Quote:
I was literally staring at this last night thinking the same thing, or that I would have to take the fireplace out.

Yeah I wanted to add an arm to it so it can extend out for better viewing from the sofa. After taking a look at how it is mounted though I believe any type of arm you would add would keep it from being able to go back down. Anyway when I was looking at it, that was the only method I could see to easily remove the TV from its mount.

As for the stereo, I believe given the options that you have I would consider purchasing new ones and making a ‘return’