Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2019, 05:35 AM   #1

First time winterizing with Uni-Dock System

Tried to winterize last weekend. Finally located the low point drains behind the panel in the pass through compartment. Set Uni-dock to winterize, attached hose to city water connection and put other end in antifreeze, turned on pump.....nothing. pump was pumping air through the system, not picking up anti-freeze. Located pump, detached pump inlet hose from back of panel, and put in in anti-freeze. Anti-freeze was siphoned into pump and back to panel, then stopped. Nothing into the rest of the system. Called the dealer.....bring it in and we'll look at it. Sorry, unit is parked in RV park and I can't get it out.....Dealer says...sorry,can't help you.

Any ideas? I am thinking of using external pump through city water supply to siphon anti-freeze into the system. It just seems for the price we paid for the RV, the system should work correctly.
parkerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:43 AM   #2

I had the same issue last weekend. Pull the screen out of the city water connection inlet and turn it around. This will open the check valve and allow the antifreeze to be pumped in. I turned my screen back around when I completed the winterizing sequence.
rchirrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #3

Welcome to JOF Parkerbob. Here’s what’s worked for me in the past. To make this work, close all low point drains, reconnect city water and place the unidock in city fixtures position.

Now that there’s water in the system. Disconnect the city water hose and replace it with the winterizing tube. Place winterizing tube in a jug o pink stuff. Place the unidock in winterize. Bypass the water heater IF the winterize setting didn’t take care of that. Now pull the low point drains - this will siphon some pink juice and prime the pump. Turn the pump on and begin opening faucets to pull pink thru the system.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #4

My dealer told me about turning the screen around when I picked mine up last month. Just like rchirrick said. I'll be trying it this weekend
rmorrison9773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 01:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorrison9773 View Post
My dealer told me about turning the screen around when I picked mine up last month. Just like rchirrick said. I'll be trying it this weekend
X-2

The problem comes about since the hose connection is above the pump by a foot or so and it cannot overcome the spring on the check valve. The reason the punp works when using the tank is it right above the tank and the only check valve is in the pump itself.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchirrick View Post
Pull the screen out of the city water connection inlet and turn it around. This will open the check valve and allow the antifreeze to be pumped in.
^^^^^^ This.

Dave
dkegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:51 AM   #7

Thanks. I turned around the screen and released the pressure. Hooked up the hose, put it in the pink stuff, turned the pump on and proceeded to blow bubbles into the pink stuff....So i took apart the panel and switched the hoses on the pump....and now the unit is winterized! Thanks for your help!
parkerbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winterize with uni-dock