Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2017, 09:32 AM   #1

First trip in new 375 BHFS

We took our new rig for the first trip this past weekend. Just thought I'd give a quick report.

We were at the NASCAR race in Richmond, and it was HOT this past weekend. We didn't have any shade, and the 2 ACs kept up pretty well. Of course, there was lots of inside/outside action while we were tailgating, and all of the opening and closing of the main door didn't help. I thought the 2nd AC in the bedroom was pretty loud, and it interrupted my sleep a couple of times. The bunkhouse stayed really cool if the door that separates the bunkhouse from the main living area was open (almost cold back there), so we closed 2 of the 4 ceiling vents. Then we forgot to open them again that night, so they said the bunkhouse got really stuffy. Now we know to close them during the day to send more air back to the kitchen/living room and them open them at night when they will have the door closed.

So far, I'm not a fan of the tankless water heater. I've seen lots of discussions here on the board about them, talking about how the water is not hot enough. Well, ours took a while to get hot (which we expected), but then got very hot, and then had random cold spots, then would get really hot again. It was shocking to the system while trying to take a shower. I'm not sure what to do to correct this. Nobody else was drawing any water at the same time. Anybody have any ideas?

I really miss having a 2nd awning like we had with our travel trailer, but that was no surprise...first world problem.

We noticed that the water in the sink outside had very low flow, so we took the aerator off and took the restrictor out. There was no way I could wash dishes with that little trickle of water.

The Lippert 3.0 system worked great. The unit was very stable, and we never even put the X-Chocks in. DH thinks he may want to get some jacks/stabilizers for the steps, though.

Had a little fun with friends with the app on my phone while turning the awning lights on and off while tailgating.

Never could figure out how to turn on the water to the ice maker, but we really didn't look that hard since we had tons of bottled water and ice in the coolers. The ice maker was making a buzzing sound initially, and then DH did something to it to make it stop trying to make ice until later on when we can spend some time trouble-shooting.

I thought the mattress was fine (so far). This was just a weekend trip, and I might have to eat my words, but it was far superior to what we had in the travel trailer, and at least we didn't have our feet hanging off the end.

Overall, we loved the new rig, and it pulled very well on the 3-1/2-hour ride to Richmond and back home.
2016 Ford F350 Platinum DRW with 5th wheel prep package, Diesel, 4 x 4
glitelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #2

On my 377rlbh there were two valves for the ice maker.

One under the kitchen sink. A the very bottom behind a wooden panel I had to cut out a bit.

One under the oven. Just take out the drawer under the stove.

And then turn it on in the freezer.

Not sure if yours would be the same or not.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmiddlebrooks View Post
On my 377rlbh there were two valves for the ice maker.

One under the kitchen sink. A the very bottom behind a wooden panel I had to cut out a bit.

One under the oven. Just take out the drawer under the stove.

And then turn it on in the freezer.

Not sure if yours would be the same or not.
Thanks. I remember reading about the valves being more or less "hidden." I've looked under the sink, and I didn't see a valve. I wonder why they put it where you can't see it or get to it very easily? Like I said, this was our first trip out, and we were concentrating on friends/tailgating, so we didn't spend a lot of time fretting over it. Just something I'd like to figure out sometime soon. Thanks again.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:20 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitelover View Post
We took our new rig for the first trip this past weekend. Just thought I'd give a quick report.

We were at the NASCAR race in Richmond, and it was HOT this past weekend. We didn't have any shade, and the 2 ACs kept up pretty well. Of course, there was lots of inside/outside action while we were tailgating, and all of the opening and closing of the main door didn't help. I thought the 2nd AC in the bedroom was pretty loud, and it interrupted my sleep a couple of times. The bunkhouse stayed really cool if the door that separates the bunkhouse from the main living area was open (almost cold back there), so we closed 2 of the 4 ceiling vents. Then we forgot to open them again that night, so they said the bunkhouse got really stuffy. Now we know to close them during the day to send more air back to the kitchen/living room and them open them at night when they will have the door closed.

So far, I'm not a fan of the tankless water heater. I've seen lots of discussions here on the board about them, talking about how the water is not hot enough. Well, ours took a while to get hot (which we expected), but then got very hot, and then had random cold spots, then would get really hot again. It was shocking to the system while trying to take a shower. I'm not sure what to do to correct this. Nobody else was drawing any water at the same time. Anybody have any ideas?

I really miss having a 2nd awning like we had with our travel trailer, but that was no surprise...first world problem.

We noticed that the water in the sink outside had very low flow, so we took the aerator off and took the restrictor out. There was no way I could wash dishes with that little trickle of water.

The Lippert 3.0 system worked great. The unit was very stable, and we never even put the X-Chocks in. DH thinks he may want to get some jacks/stabilizers for the steps, though.

Had a little fun with friends with the app on my phone while turning the awning lights on and off while tailgating.

Never could figure out how to turn on the water to the ice maker, but we really didn't look that hard since we had tons of bottled water and ice in the coolers. The ice maker was making a buzzing sound initially, and then DH did something to it to make it stop trying to make ice until later on when we can spend some time trouble-shooting.

I thought the mattress was fine (so far). This was just a weekend trip, and I might have to eat my words, but it was far superior to what we had in the travel trailer, and at least we didn't have our feet hanging off the end.

Overall, we loved the new rig, and it pulled very well on the 3-1/2-hour ride to Richmond and back home.
Did you get the hot water issue resolved? I had the value replaced right away because it did not even open and have been fine until this last trip I had. Now I experienced exactly what you described with pockets of cold water.
cbonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbonet View Post
Did you get the hot water issue resolved? I had the value replaced right away because it did not even open and have been fine until this last trip I had. Now I experienced exactly what you described with pockets of cold water.
We haven't had it out since last fall, and it was at the dealer for a whole host of other issues. They claim to have fixed the hot water issue--they said what I've read here many times about the flow rate not being optimal. They supposedly removed the flow restrictors in all the valves. We are taking it out this coming weekend, so I guess we'll find out soon whether it's up to par.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitelover View Post
We haven't had it out since last fall, and it was at the dealer for a whole host of other issues. They claim to have fixed the hot water issue--they said what I've read here many times about the flow rate not being optimal. They supposedly removed the flow restrictors in all the valves. We are taking it out this coming weekend, so I guess we'll find out soon whether it's up to par.
Thanks for the reply. Let me know how it goes. Like to know what issues they had to fix. My camper's 2 year warranty is up at end of August. I have had a bunch of smaller issues that hasn't impacted my use of it and have enjoyed having it for the most part.
cbonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbonet View Post
Thanks for the reply. Let me know how it goes. Like to know what issues they had to fix. My camper's 2 year warranty is up at end of August. I have had a bunch of smaller issues that hasn't impacted my use of it and have enjoyed having it for the most part.
Glad you're having good luck with your 375. We love the floor plan. I'll let you know how it goes at Bristol this weekend.

Some of our issues, unfortunately, were pretty major, with the biggest being a defective slide support that gouged a tire while we were towing. I did a separate thread here: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ned-51964.html

Hopefully, the slide issue has been resolved completely and permanently . It did fine on the way home from the dealer. Since we've had it home, we've had the slides out and in a couple of times, and it seems to be okay.

Happy camping!