Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2016, 08:47 PM   #21

BigJohnD one of the things that sold us on the 377 is the fact that it included a bunk room without sacrificing the living area. We enjoyed sitting together enjoying the fireplace this past week while camping at Lake of the Pines here in Texas. At one point we had 5 adults in the living area and it was very comfortable - not crowded at all. We didn't feel like we were sitting in the kitchen. Seems like with all of the rear bunk rooms you lose the living area. Also the loft area provides a great sleeping area for kids and adults.
RobinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:58 PM   #22

Oh the great debate. I want living space, since I missed that in the CC, kids want the big room, wife can't decide. So, we wait and debate. Not ready to dive in yet. Waiting to see how things pan out in operation full time, Rev 2, in present rig. We're taking a whole different approach this time around. We dove in full force last time after selling everything, and learned a LOT of lessons. I wanted out of it for different reasons then, but ever since, kids wanted to do it again, and wife says she would too. So, when I get home in a few weeks, off we go in the 28BHBE for 4 months for a trial run. Already have the cargo trailer rigged out as before (mobile shop, storage, man cave we towed before with second vehicle). Everybody agreed, if we survive in that small of a space for 4 months, we get another rig and full time again full swing. We won't be selling the present rig though. Just store it, moth ball or whatever to preserve for later. Too new, paid for, and way too many mods and $$$ in it to sell it.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #23

I totally understand the hesitation. We looked for about 5 years making sure we purchased just the right 5th wheel. It is a lot of money to invest and that is not the time to rush a decision - especially with so many choices out there. Good luck with your debate and your trial run to re-enter the full-timers world! I am looking forward to that one day.
RobinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #24

The 375 is an excellent bunk model and honestly still provides some nice living space. My boys (5 & 3) enjoy their nice large space in the back. At times, my in laws join us for some trips and sleep on the tri fold in the rear room with the boys. Meanwhile, the center living room has the two very comfy recliners, couch, and we opted for the table and chairs instead of the dinette. This allows some more flexibility with positioning of seating and makes better use of the coach on rainy days. I mean, essentially 8 people can all be seated in the main room with the fireplace and TV and the kids can be in the room watching something different.

We also looked at the RLBH and while the idea of the floor plan is excellent, I just think the extra room is better used as a man cave or office and not really a bunk. And the loft area...I know I wouldn't sleep in there. It's really just a storage area in my opinion.
Old 01-05-2016, 08:49 PM   #25

I'm pretty sure we'll end up with a 375, especially if I leave it up to the kids. Almost same floor plan we had before. Worked then, it'd work again. The NP is a few feet longer than the CC was, but has the recliners which we didn't have before. Then again, may be jobless by the time we're ready to purchase (unless offshore picks up) and have to utilize the present rig. It's free to look though. Life at our household now a days is interesting to say the least. The price you pay for what I do for a living. Life is good though, regardless.

Sorry if I kind of hijacked your thread Robin.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote