Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2020, 08:37 PM   #41
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
Oh, that is nice did you install that yourself?
No, I had a vinyl guy do it, like I said above, (with the pictures up this thread) I had him wrap my complete rig.

Go take a scroll here for Amazon RV decals:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rv+decals&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 09:13 PM   #42

Oh okay I got you now that look really good and it's your own design, well kind of anyway.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 10:56 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket59 View Post
How did you color match the paint. When I asked Jayco they didn’t know the paint code or the name of the color.
I’ve had mine repainted once by the dealer but it happened again and they won’t do anything about it.
It makes no sense to me that neither Jayco nor the dealer can supply you with a paint formula color. They wouldn't supply me with one either, I had to take off the door to the propane cubicle for a color match. They repaint these every day, they know the color.
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 12:16 PM   #44

Yes I agree but I think that they are trying to protect themselves, I know, you can get color code off of the door of your car or truck but not rv's.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #45

I had the same problem with a 2013 Jayco Eagle. Mine was still under warranty and it was repainted under warranty and also put on new decals.
81greer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:27 PM   #46

The second re-spray is complete. It took more for the stickers. They sent them multiple times. Several were not in good shape, each time.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201119_105124258.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	65586
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:01 AM   #47

Jayco 321 RSTS - Decal Needed

Hi All, Can any of you tell me where I can get the front cab decal for my 5th wheel, 2018 Jayco 321 RSTS?

I need to get the front cab repainted due to the fading of the gel coat on the front cab and my warranty won't cover the decal and my RV dealer is charging me a leg and a arm for it.

Let me know if you have nay suggestion. Thanks Den
denlsir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:31 AM   #48
RJR

When we took delivery of our Pinnacle 5th wheel we had ceramic paint coating applied to prevent this problem. While this is very popular with cars/trucks now catching on with boats and RVs. So far very happy, cleans easily and no fading and eliminated the need to wax, well worth the money in my opinion.
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 03:19 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
Or get a custom vinyl wrap done on the front. I wrapped my complete rig, and it came with a 5 year warranty on the vinyl. After a year and a half, the vinyl still looks like brand new, and dirt doesn't stick to it.

FACINATING idea. Never even occurred to me. Would you mind telling us how much that set you back? REALLY would like to know.

Gunner
Gunner01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 05:57 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by denlsir View Post
Hi All, Can any of you tell me where I can get the front cab decal for my 5th wheel, 2018 Jayco 321 RSTS?

I need to get the front cab repainted due to the fading of the gel coat on the front cab and my warranty won't cover the decal and my RV dealer is charging me a leg and a arm for it.

Let me know if you have nay suggestion. Thanks Den
Any Jayco dealer could get them, but I believe in two re-sprays, my dealer had to get about six sets of decals. Really poor quality control, on those. Each time, the stickers have torn shortly after install.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 08:57 AM   #51
RJR

We ceramic coated our 2021 Pinnacle 36KPTS 41', prices vary depending upon the number of coats applied. We has 3 coats on the cap for bugs, 2 coats on everything else including glass and wheels cost was $5100. With annual upkeep and booster applied should last a lifetime. Water just runs off when washed very little drying and spotting.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:55 PM   #52

Ceramic

Sorry for wandering off subject, this probably won't help with already faded finishes but may prevent it.
I like this stuff, wash and spray/wipe everything, tires, windows 2 times a year. I don't buff it cause I'm too lazy. It does leave light streaks most noticeable on glass by not buffing, but it will buff streak free if desired. Beads like crazy, bugs are easier to remove.

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Wax Coating - 16 fl oz
Average Rating:
out 4.5 of 5 stars171 ratings, based on171reviews
Turtle Wax
Walmart # 578031013
$14.97

Soooo,
$5014.95=334 bottles
1 - 16oz bottle does 36' 5er 2x. Your mileage may vary...!
668 applications, enough for 334 years....

The wet wax seems to work well also, actually my favorite as you can apply to damp surfaces.-
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 26 fl oz
Average Rating:
4.7 out of 5 stars192 ratings, based on192reviews
Turtle Wax
Walmart # 578031032
$12.97
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 04:15 PM   #53
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
Sorry for wandering off subject, this probably won't help with already faded finishes but may prevent it.
I like this stuff, wash and spray/wipe everything, tires, windows 2 times a year. I don't buff it cause I'm too lazy. It does leave light streaks most noticeable on glass by not buffing, but it will buff streak free if desired. Beads like crazy, bugs are easier to remove.

Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray Wax Coating - 16 fl oz
Average Rating:
out 4.5 of 5 stars171 ratings, based on171reviews
Turtle Wax
Walmart # 578031013
$14.97

Soooo,
$5014.95=334 bottles
1 - 16oz bottle does 36' 5er 2x. Your mileage may vary...!
668 applications, enough for 334 years....

The wet wax seems to work well also, actually my favorite as you can apply to damp surfaces.-
Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 26 fl oz
Average Rating:
4.7 out of 5 stars192 ratings, based on192reviews
Turtle Wax
Walmart # 578031032
$12.97

There is not much that will stop the process since it is a flaw in the materials and application in most all RV coatings and from all I have read home application of "ceramic" finishes don't work either and are the current snake oil.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 03:08 AM   #54

I haven't been too long getting mines back from the dealer from them painting my front cap but they need to put the decal on the dealer sent the wrong ones so they had to reorder them.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:24 AM   #55

This whole front cap thing is expensive. I’ve been thinking of changing storage location as the price keep rising, but it’s covered. Covered means less sun on my front cap. I may try that turtle wax stuff just to make it look nicer even if not a long term thing.
2022 Chevy 3000HD Dmax
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:50 AM   #56

I'm having mine detailed and ceramic coated next week. He said he could bring it back. Mine looks more like oxidations at this point. Has anyone had theirs fixed by professional ceramic coating? I like the vinyl over the front cap Idea. I had my last camper coated and it was fantastic always looked clean and was easier to wash off.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:11 AM   #57

UV protection is the only way to control sun damage. Several top rated wax products have it. Several don't. Google to learn which suits your need and skills. If you're keen on the ceramic scheme, here's a good starting point: https://www.exclusivedetail.com/cera...ting-for-cars/

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:32 AM   #58
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
UV protection is the only way to control sun damage. Several top rated wax products have it. Several don't. Google to learn which suits your need and skills. If you're keen on the ceramic scheme, here's a good starting point: https://www.exclusivedetail.com/cera...ting-for-cars/

The problem is, and many find it out too late because once your warranty runs out Jayco will not touch it, is the problem is in the finish under the clear coat and no amount of UV "stuff" is going to stop the slow fade. My Cyclone was never without UV and it faded and luckily Heartland covered it.

Slap all the UV stuff on it you like but it will not stop it and about 18 months into ownership it fades/fails.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 08:51 AM   #59

It's well known that most airplane crashes are pilot error.

Five years on my trailer and no fading. I use Chemical Guys. Your results may be different.

In my custom painting endeavors, I only use high build urethane top coats with UV. Still, no complaints, even by the guys that like red or yellow base coats...most suseptible to sun fade. Again, your results may be different.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 09:45 AM   #60
RJR

I had an oxidation issue on my Pinnacle 5th wheel cap. Oxidation was repaired by a professional shop that used wet sanding and then coated the cap with 3 coats of high quality ceramic paint protection, 1 coat on the rest of the unit. Annual detailing with same dealer who installs a ceramic paint protection booster and assures me it will never oxidize again. So far so good, time will be ultimate test and annual maintenance
Attached Thumbnails
RV Pic 2.jpg   RV Pic 3.jpg