Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2015, 08:12 AM   #1

Floor Near Door unlevel?

I have continued to have some minor issues with my new 323LKTS. All 3 slides have had issues, from not retracting on one trip to the main two out of alignment multiple times. The master bedroom bed pedestal has come apart. The holding tanks have been mislabeled. And the 4 point leveling system has been out of alignment a couple of times. I just picked it up from the dealer, who has been good in taking care of all these issues, except for the fact he is 90 miles from my home. My continuing issue is the leveling of the rv. While the kitchen counter tops are level, if you walk towards the door and the hall way to the master bedroom, you feel a lean towards the door. Put the level on the floor in front of the outside door, and the bubble disappears, with the floor sloping down towards the door. Is this a function of the design of the rv, with the floor sloping out to the door for cleaning and draining purposes? I can't get a real straight answer from the dealer on it. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 08-16-2015, 03:54 PM   #2

I'd say you have a problem. My 2011 Eagle fifth wheel is older but the floor is flat as can be. Obviously when thr trailer is level. I'm not there to visually look at it but sounds like you have a frame issue. With the slides coming out of alignment and the floor. No expert but that is my .02.
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
jtw

Document everything, take pictures and call the jayco rep to start a file, most dealers will try to help but they need factory approval for the bigger repairs. The sqeeky wheel get the grease. I've gotta a big dip in my floor and some other issues my dealer is 2 1/2 hours away and $100.00 in diesel fuel away, its going back after camping season. Jayco loves to brag about there 2 year bumper to hitch warranty let them put there money where their mouth is, good luck
Old 08-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #4

I found when I was in warranty, walking in the door of the dealership with a claim number expedited everything. Drives Jayco nuts and pisses in adequate service managers off. I have a very raw and up front personality and I tend to get results. I agree most of the time it is because they want me out of their hair.
B & W Companion

Central MO
MOCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #5

The Eagle is back at the dealer. He had a difficult time believing me that there was a problem until I sent him these 2 pictures. One is sitting on the kitchen counter top and the bubble is within the center lines, level. The other is in front of the door on the floor, and the bubble is all the way to the end of the tool. The only thing that could be causing this I believe is a bent frame. any other ideas? The dealer is going to call the Jayco rep tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150822_102112_resized.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	19823

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150822_102138.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	19824