Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #1

FLSA Serious Problem

I own a Pinnacle FLSA (Rear Bedroom) coach. At the time of purchase, we had a washer dryer installed in the unit by our dealer. During our first outing the washer began to shake violently. Inspection of the washer indicated that the washer drum had dislodged from the cabinet causing the vibration. When I contacted the washer manufacturer regarding a warranty repair, I was told that the warranty on the washer was void due to the location of the washer in the coach. The washer manufacturer claims that in the FLSA floor plan the washer is installed too far from the coach's axle. This location results in excessive bounce and vibration when traveling over the road. This vibration and bounce leads to washer failure often the retaining spring dislocate from the washer drum. The washer manufacturer claims that they have notified Jayco of this problem. My contacts with Jayco have been worthless to this point. I am now left with a washer I can not repair and a coach that will not accommodate a washer. Buyers should be aware of this situation.

sail154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Let a techie look at it for a solution.....most anything can be repaired and there's always a solution.
Manufactures go many times beyond the specs. of accessories, what will void the warranty.

Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power

ALJO 'Forever Young @ Heart' provide on their travels Music Entertainment to Senior Care Homes
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 01:47 PM   #3

I would request a copy of the "notice" sent to JAYCO. Since there are at least 3 different RV washer manufacturers, they would all have that same problem if it was from location.

Also JAYCO is not the only FL unit with the washer & dryer in that location.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail154 View Post
I own a Pinnacle FLSA (Rear Bedroom) coach. At the time of purchase, we had a washer dryer installed in the unit by our dealer. During our first outing the washer began to shake violently. Inspection of the washer indicated that the washer drum had dislodged from the cabinet causing the vibration. When I contacted the washer manufacturer regarding a warranty repair, I was told that the warranty on the washer was void due to the location of the washer in the coach. The washer manufacturer claims that in the FLSA floor plan the washer is installed too far from the coach's axle. This location results in excessive bounce and vibration when traveling over the road. This vibration and bounce leads to washer failure often the retaining spring dislocate from the washer drum. The washer manufacturer claims that they have notified Jayco of this problem. My contacts with Jayco have been worthless to this point. I am now left with a washer I can not repair and a coach that will not accommodate a washer. Buyers should be aware of this situation.
So the washer is not compatible with a Jayco FLSA floor plan? Does the washer manufacturer state this in their literature?
Old 01-22-2018, 02:33 PM   #5

Serious Problem with FLSA

Thanks so much for your suggestions and input. Just in the way of additional information, the washer manufacturer claims to have notified all 5th wheel manufacturers that offer this floor plan. Moreover, they further claim that all the major washer manufacturers have taken the same position.
I did provide Jayco with a copy of an email from the washer manufacturer detailing their position on this matter. Even with this information, Jayco has refused to take any responsibility on this matter. The washer manufacturer also provided a copy of the warranty that clearly states installation that promotes excessive vibration voids the warranty coverage.
As far as a fix, the only path forward remaining within the parameters set forth in the warranty would be to relocate the washer and dryer somewhere closer to the axle or to the front of the coach. Those of you who spend time in these rigs know that this is not a easy task. Certainly, it is not a task that the owner of a brand new RV should be asked to manage.
As there is yet to be resolution on this matter, my main purpose with this forum to inform the owners and potential owners of this issue as it relates to this floor plan. If I had been told, I would have chosen a different layout.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail154 View Post
Moreover, they further claim that all the major washer manufacturers have taken the same position.
If that was the case I'm sure we would have heard about it before now. The FLSA came out in 2015 and many owners are on JOF.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #7

I'm a bit confused here. Is Jayco installing/selling these in the FLSA's as a factory option?
Or was this an add on that you added after the purchase?
Old 01-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
I'm a bit confused here. Is Jayco installing/selling these in the FLSA's as a factory option?
Or was this an add on that you added after the purchase?
Dealer installed.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #9

With regards to the one post questioning the event, I can only report factually what has been my personal experience. I have no information as to frequency of the issue.
The frequency has no bearing on the facts. The washer manufacturer has voided the warranty on my machine based on where the washer was installed. Of course the location of the installation which was performed by the dealer, is where the manufacturer, Jayco, calls for the washer to be installed.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #10

To my knowledge Jayco does not sell units with the washer installed. They provided an installation location for the washer. If the buyer wishes to have a washer in their coach, the purchase as washer unit and install the washer in the location as called for by the manufacturer.

Tags
flsa problem