Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Go Back   Jayco RV Owners Forum > Trailers, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes > Jayco Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2021, 07:30 PM   #41
VKC

Marcus Lemonis says “If your not happy , I’m not happy”
(866)232-8990. MarcusVIP@campingworld.com
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 07:58 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKC View Post
Wow! If you deal with him then we can all be unhappy together.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:20 PM   #43
VKC

That’s what he says on the commercials
VKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:44 PM   #44

Every time I open a thread on this forum about how Camping world screwed the customer... just reminds me of the part of my life I wish I could have done over differently.

Since I have "walked away" from the extended warranty that they used to keep me "sucked into the doom of CW" I have been happy with our Seneca... I found that I can learn to fix everything that Camping world will work on, do it better than they would have done it - even though it is the first time I learned and fixed myself. I also was able to do it hundreds of dollars less than they would have and it will work for years longer than the shoddy work they would have done.

If anyone wishes to PM me for the disgusting details of CW... I have file folders filled with paperwork documenting the questionable ethics and other issues they have caused...

Not going there is a benefit that we have learned to enjoy now...
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:36 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKC View Post
We did try this and it actually made it worse. The number just routes you to a call center. The agent says they will work on it for you and they're nice about it. They are powerless though and, in our case anyway, she would go dark for days on end. Camping World corporate won't actually do anything except reach out to the store. This just makes them mad and makes things worse. The final decision still resides with the district manager for the store and corporate will not override them.

They should change the slogan to "If our store is happy, you're out of luck".

We also tried to DM Marcus on Instagram. As expected, no response. DMs are turned off on his Facebook account. I'm sure both are managed by his PR firm anyway.

This is a crap company with zero integrity. Camping World can burn for all I care. I'll never step foot in another location again.

On the bright side... We're quite happy with our non-Jayco 5th wheel that we bought at a non-Camping World location. I might consider Jayco in the future... maybe (there's a lot they could have done to help and they chose not to). The Rockwood Ultra Light has turned out to be awesome. I think this is a better forum though. You guys are awesome.
mgparr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:56 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopoke View Post
every time i open a thread on this forum about how camping world screwed the customer... Just reminds me of the part of my life i wish i could have done over differently.

Since i have "walked away" from the extended warranty that they used to keep me "sucked into the doom of cw" i have been happy with our seneca... I found that i can learn to fix everything that camping world will work on, do it better than they would have done it - even though it is the first time i learned and fixed myself. I also was able to do it hundreds of dollars less than they would have and it will work for years longer than the shoddy work they would have done.

If anyone wishes to pm me for the disgusting details of cw... I have file folders filled with paperwork documenting the questionable ethics and other issues they have caused...

Not going there is a benefit that we have learned to enjoy now...

this...
atlantaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:55 AM   #47

So I had a similar experience just recently with buying a used RV from Camping World. We say an older 2006 model for sale in Idaho on the Camping World website for 21,999. It had less than 30k on it and the pics looked like it was very well maintained. We had a salesman do a virtual tour with us and we decided to buy. They let us know we needed to put 1000 down to hold it until we could get up there to pick it up.

That was no problem for us and we are paying cash for it overall anyways. So we send our date over and the salesman talks to the sales manager and he calls us back and says don't pack your bags yet that he isn't sure why the online price was so low cause this was a consignment and that it was supposed to be over 32,000.00

He said the Sales Manager wasn't comfortable letting it go for less than 29,000 but acknowledged that wasn't fair considering their own website said what we told him.

They are checking with their GM at the moment to see if they will honor the sale at the price from the website despite the fact that he said they will take. A huge loss on it.

In talking more with our sales guy he said that sometimes when inventory is aged like that one is, corporate will come behind and automatically mark it down online to get it to move, but they might not know how much money is tied up in it and that since it was consignment and not trade that they won't have the ability to wiggle around it when they pay the person they are selling it for meaning they will lose nearly 10,000 on the sale.

He also said that one of the reasons the sales manager doesn't want to approve at the online price is be use it would be at a loss that they will get written up by corporate even though it was really corporates fault that the online price was set that way.

Ultimately if they come back today and don't honor the price we will keep running things up to corporate and see if it gets us anywhere.

I used to sell cars and when our dealership listed a price online, even if it was a mistake, we would honor it when they came in person and I'm hoping they do the right thing and do the same. Our policy of doing thar meant one time I sold a car than we lost about 2k on because the internet sales team had misentered the price on the website.

The cost of doing fair business and maintaing a rep means not going back on your word no matter what the immediate financial cost is.

If this is how Camping World does business regularly we certainly won't be back.
ThorKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:11 AM   #48
Site Team

Sure hope they don't disappoint you! Many have been.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:19 AM   #49
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorKnight View Post
So I had a similar experience just recently with buying a used RV from Camping World. We say an older 2006 model for sale in Idaho on the Camping World website for 21,999. It had less than 30k on it and the pics looked like it was very well maintained. We had a salesman do a virtual tour with us and we decided to buy. They let us know we needed to put 1000 down to hold it until we could get up there to pick it up.

That was no problem for us and we are paying cash for it overall anyways. So we send our date over and the salesman talks to the sales manager and he calls us back and says don't pack your bags yet that he isn't sure why the online price was so low cause this was a consignment and that it was supposed to be over 32,000.00

He said the Sales Manager wasn't comfortable letting it go for less than 29,000 but acknowledged that wasn't fair considering their own website said what we told him.

They are checking with their GM at the moment to see if they will honor the sale at the price from the website despite the fact that he said they will take. A huge loss on it.

In talking more with our sales guy he said that sometimes when inventory is aged like that one is, corporate will come behind and automatically mark it down online to get it to move, but they might not know how much money is tied up in it and that since it was consignment and not trade that they won't have the ability to wiggle around it when they pay the person they are selling it for meaning they will lose nearly 10,000 on the sale.

He also said that one of the reasons the sales manager doesn't want to approve at the online price is be use it would be at a loss that they will get written up by corporate even though it was really corporates fault that the online price was set that way.

Ultimately if they come back today and don't honor the price we will keep running things up to corporate and see if it gets us anywhere.

I used to sell cars and when our dealership listed a price online, even if it was a mistake, we would honor it when they came in person and I'm hoping they do the right thing and do the same. Our policy of doing thar meant one time I sold a car than we lost about 2k on because the internet sales team had misentered the price on the website.

The cost of doing fair business and maintaing a rep means not going back on your word no matter what the immediate financial cost is.

If this is how Camping World does business regularly we certainly won't be back.
You've got several things going for you here, no one is likely going to finance a MH that old and no one is likely going to plop down cash on a book price 16 year old MH. Camping World's objective is to sell you that MH for X number of dollars over what the owner is asking and pocket the difference. As far as doing the right thing, they're in sales, the right thing to them is green and in large denominations. These guys didn't just fall off a turnip wagon, to them you're a mark, with cash, they do this everyday and if you're not prepared to walk away and they know it, you're gonna get hosed.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 05:19 AM   #50

Quote:
From the stories I hear, this is exactly how they do business. I prefer independent dealers.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:01 PM   #51

Quote:

in 2019 when i was shopping for a 5th wheel, I saw an add by CW in Roseville, Ca for a new Keystone Sprinter RL.. Add had a sale price of 52K.. When i got to CW i asked to see this trailer on add.. They showed me the 5th Wheel. I liked it and said lets write it up.. When we got to the sales desk price turned to 60K. Salesman said add was incorrect, they made a mistake and tried to down sale me to a cheaper model. After arguing with them, talking with manager, it was a 'no win for me'.. I ended up writing to consumer affairs. They forwarded the complaint to CW corporate whom contacted me by telephone. I basically got apologies and the same offers to look at cheaper models.. I wrote them off and have since seen crazy low adds for trailer. I'm convinced CW plays these games to get people into their stores and im sure they have a pretty good percentage of folks that end buying their bait a switch tactics.. I dont buy anything form them and never will from these people.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 01:42 PM   #52
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
in 2019 when i was shopping for a 5th wheel, I saw an add by CW in Roseville, Ca for a new Keystone Sprinter RL.. Add had a sale price of 52K.. When i got to CW i asked to see this trailer on add.. They showed me the 5th Wheel. I liked it and said lets write it up.. When we got to the sales desk price turned to 60K. Salesman said add was incorrect, they made a mistake and tried to down sale me to a cheaper model. After arguing with them, talking with manager, it was a 'no win for me'.. I ended up writing to consumer affairs. They forwarded the complaint to CW corporate whom contacted me by telephone. I basically got apologies and the same offers to look at cheaper models.. I wrote them off and have since seen crazy low adds for trailer. I'm convinced CW plays these games to get people into their stores and im sure they have a pretty good percentage of folks that end buying their bait a switch tactics.. I dont buy anything form them and never will from these people.
You're the outlier, those guys are bottom feeders and unfortunately for most who walk in there those tactics work. Had you fallen for it they'd have been high fiving in the breakroom.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote