Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2016, 11:09 AM   #131

Mine got dropped an my independent shop today. They said first of next week if Jayco lets them make new brackets. Likely longer if Jayco wants to ship them something to install.

They are also going to check the Revolution hitch as it is very loose. In an email Reese told me it should be pretty tight. As in, if I can move it by hand, it should be hard to move. I can move mine with 1 finger, and the gap at the back when hitched is "large".

Old 06-15-2016, 04:07 PM   #132

My dealer called me today and Jayco said I have to bring my unit in to the dealer before they decide what to do. I guess my pics weren't enough to convince them there's a problem. Jayco told my dealer that this happens because of overloading the slide. Maybe you are only supposed to put a 6 pack of beer in the 12 cu/ft fridge and no more than 2 boxes of Cheerios in the pantry? We noticed a floor dip since day 1 in the area right above the outrigger.

I can see this being a bring it in, wait longer for Jayco's response, wait longer for parts, ...

estesbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:21 PM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
My dealer called me today and Jayco said I have to bring my unit in to the dealer before they decide what to do. I guess my pics weren't enough to convince them there's a problem. Jayco told my dealer that this happens because of overloading the slide. Maybe you are only supposed to put a 6 pack of beer in the 12 cu/ft fridge and no more than 2 boxes of Cheerios in the pantry? We noticed a floor dip since day 1 in the area right above the outrigger.

I can see this being a bring it in, wait longer for Jayco's response, wait longer for parts, ...
Wow.. I can't believe someone actually said that to you.
Tell them my dealer has 3 brand new NorthPoints on his lot with bent supports.
Maybe it's because the Jayco head honchos stand in the kitchen with too much money in their pockets before they ship units.
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #134

Quote:

Well, mine bent with 1 night of camping. Most the slide has had in it were 3 bottles of water and a few snacks on the trip home from the dealer. It is just a poor design.

We plan to keep our 355MBQS for many years. Hope they didn't cut other corners I haven't found yet.
rsday75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:00 PM   #135

Hello All,
With the help of Jayco customer service and Hilltop Trailer Sales of Minneapolis MN (Chris and James), we are the happy recipients of new and Improved outriggers thanks to Chris!

In my opinion, Chris has to be the premier Jayco mechanic and knows his business inside and out. Jayco was gracious enough to coordinate our repairs through James at Hilltop and at this point we could not be any more pleased.

The pictures below are Chris's designed outriggers (before painting of course). As you can see in the pictures, Chris re-squared the floor (see old cracked (flimsy) outrigger opened up). With slide out, the floor is now SOLID with no slope!!

Despite still needing our slide mechanism replaced, Chris was able to make necessary adjustment to make it work until we can get home and have our home dealer receive the parts and make necessary replacements.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with professionals like Chris and James at Hilltop Trailer Sales in Minneapolis MN! And thank you JAYCO for the coordination, Collaboration and professionalism in helping resolve this issue, which we hope is now behind us.

We feel very fortunate and wish everyone equal fortune in finding a solution!

Old 06-16-2016, 10:53 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Wow.. I can't believe someone actually said that to you.
Tell them my dealer has 3 brand new NorthPoints on his lot with bent supports.
Maybe it's because the Jayco head honchos stand in the kitchen with too much money in their pockets before they ship units.
My dealer has been great fixing things with my trailer since I picked it up but seems like Jayco is moving slow with this issue. Jayco's first response was there are no TSB or recalls with the outriggers. I sent my dealer pics of the bent outrigger and sloping floor and Jayco said they need more information and this is generally caused by overloading the slide. So back to the dealer to get more information to Jayco so they can finally admit it's a design flaw.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #137

Quote:
My dealer has been great fixing things with my trailer since I picked it up but seems like Jayco is moving slow with this issue. Jayco's first response was there are no TSB or recalls with the outriggers. I sent my dealer pics of the bent outrigger and sloping floor and Jayco said they need more information and this is generally caused by overloading the slide. So back to the dealer to get more information to Jayco so they can finally admit it's a design flaw.
There won't ever be a TSB or recall until a Northpoint owner reports the issue to NTSB. Jayco and the dealers are not going to self report. Interesting that it seems to be only Northpoint and Pinnicale owners with this issue. We have a Sesimic and it is still in the shop with outrigger issues plus a Swinctech issue.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg 6 AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/me...albums843.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loboclone View Post
Interesting that it seems to be only Northpoint and Pinnicale owners with this issue.
Mine is an Eagle 355MBQS and it is in right now for this. I know of another 355MBQS and one other Eagle with the bent outriggers.

I think it is happening on all the 5th wheels. Different floor-plans may have a higher incidence of the issue.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:30 PM   #139
Site Team

My rig is a 2011 Eagle and I don't see any evidence of this. I wonder what is the oldest rig on here with this complaint?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:01 PM   #140

2016 Eagle for mine and a Schwintek slide.