Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2016, 07:21 AM   #81

Loboclone
I tried to get a factory upgrade to 500-1 motors but they would not. I was also told because of the way they build them (square built) there were no slide problems. Ya right. I am surprised u only have three rollers. Mine has one dead center than three more forward from there towards the stove an fridge. Than two more aft of center for six total.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:17 PM   #82

Add me to the bend list.
355MBQS
Off the line 04/21/16.
Would have thought this would be fixed if they know about it.......
I have slept in the unit 1 night on the trip back from the dealer. Not even tagged yet. Sigh.... I expected better. We have trips planned. I wonder if it will get worst.
Refer & Fireplace/TV slide. Middle and rear support. Only 3 for that big heavy slide. Big mistake. Bending a lot to only be 2 weeks in my possession. Slides have been in most of the time.....
Will call my dealer tomorrow, but since I didn't buy it there, I expect to be in for a wait.
I emailed Jayco to see what they have to say...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1986.jpg   IMG_1985.jpg   IMG_1977.jpg   IMG_1976.jpg  
Old 05-31-2016, 09:24 PM   #83

Let us know what Jayco has to say. Save me a phone call.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:07 AM   #84

I would get that fixed ASAP. I just talked with AZ and he is on a trip far from home an his bracket has now split from the frame and slide is stuck closed. No access to fridge or stove. Your brackets are flat on the bottom mine are rolled 90 degrees to an L which adds some strength.
Just a question for all. Have any of you been opening slides than leveling. Seems weird that some have problems and others are fine. Both dealers by me have not seen this problem and the tech I trust said he has never seen it. Looks like the new heavier designer has the same brackets. Those should twist right off since those units have thicker walls unless the slides do not
Old 06-01-2016, 05:04 AM   #85

I have leveled then done slides. But, I have only done it twice, once overnight on the way home with the rig, and once home on my parking pad. Slides have been put out and in by me 3-4 times total. They have bent with very little use.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:32 AM   #86

I leveled first then put the slides out.
I wish I looked after every step to see when they bent. I was going to but forgot.
I looked after I hooked up to leave, all good, then looked when got home. Bent.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:28 AM   #87

This thread has a few points where folks (myself included) looked for commonalities. When I took delivery of mine, the delivery tech advised me NOT to utilize the six-point for wheel to wheel leveling, but to continue to level that as close to level as possible with blocks, as I already had. Me said then (late November '15) that he had already seen "slide problems" when people were wheel to wheel leveling with the six-point.

So my question is, is this a common factor? Are those having the problems using the six-point to achieve wheel to wheel level?

Jayco has to recognize that they have a SERIOUS design flaw, and they have to do a recall and provide an engineered solution, but in the meantime will only using the six-point to level front to back and reduce bounce minimize the bent supports?

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:53 AM   #88

I have used the 4 point on my camper to level side to side.
I plan to keep using it for that as that is the whole point in my mind. If the system cannot level the rig (within reason) then it isn't a leveling system.
I think the bent supports are due to the weight of the slideout. I have the 12 cubic foot refrigerator, but the 2 supports that are bending on mine are further back under the stove and TV. I think the problem on my 355 is that there are only 3 of the thin supports for such a big, heavy slide.
No one seems to be having this happen on the curb side with the table and recliners. You could have 6 folks in that slide which could add 1000+ lbs to that slide. My curb side slide has 2 supports, plus the 2 tracks that move the slide for support. That seems to be a much stronger design than the kitchen slide which looks like the brunt of the weight is on the 3 small "outrigger" supports.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:11 AM   #89

U have a different system on that side. My curb side is not Schwintec and the ram and two gear underneath gear supports hold the slide weight not the outriggers. From all the pics I have seen only the pinnacles have the bracket that has the L bend along the bottom of the support all the others r flat. AZ has the same as my Pinnacle but he has a water soaked bending floor and bent bracket. I agree that these supports should be thicker, longer and more added. That is a lot of weight being supported full out on just the edge of the floor and those thin brackets. I will bet now that after my 3000 mile trip over two months that mine will probably be bent. When you extend the slide u can see the impressions in the bottom from the rollers when slide is closed. When full open pull down the seal and look in with a mirror and light. All the slide weight is being pushed down on those rollers. We all have the same slide just different models. My FBTS has six rollers. One center, three more forward from center and two aft of center. So four from center forward which is the heaviest part
Old 06-01-2016, 08:22 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Loboclone
I tried to get a factory upgrade to 500-1 motors but they would not. I was also told because of the way they build them (square built) there were no slide problems. Ya right. I am surprised u only have three rollers. Mine has one dead center than three more forward from there towards the stove an fridge. Than two more aft of center for six total.
Rock
The slide on this Seismic is large, what the brain trust @ Jayco failed to engineer into the concept was the weight of a 23 cu ft fridge at the very end of the slide. The residential fridge is an option, the Seismics's we saw on all the dealer lots didn't have this option. Thus they built it with only 3 rollers and 300:1 motors. It even bent the outriggers? this thread keeps referring to "frame supports" and believe these are outriggers.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/m...albums843.html Check this out.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...s-34672-3.html
Loboclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #91

Can't describe how rereading this entire thread make me feel uneasy. I'm checking my frame supports or outriggers (outriggers is probably a better secription, as they move with the slide) every couple of days, almost HOPING that I see them starting to fail, so that I can go get it fixed right!

My fear is that, with my luck, they will be fine until three weeks out of warranty, and THEN fail!!!!! I'm hoping that Jayco will do the right thing and issue a recall / fix for what appears to be a major problem.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:37 AM   #92

Well, Jayco responded to my email with a list of dealers and said to take it to one of them.

The 2 "local" dealers:

One that doesn't seem too happy about working on the unit since I did not buy from them. Said it would be 3-4 weeks minimum before I could bet an appointment just for them to look at it. They took my name and number. Said if they had people who purchased from them need repairs first, I would keep getting pushed. Said they would call me when they could look at it. They said sarcastically they were sure the dealer in Florida would get me in quicker. They said they could get me in next week if I paid out of pocket for any repairs at $119 an hour plus parts on a 5th I've had 2&1/2 weeks...
Sigh........
Good way to make me want to buy anything from you in the future. I tried to deal with them repeatedly, but they know they are the only true Jayco dealer within 2-3 hours and they seem to have a take it or leave it attitude....

The other Camping World....with a less than stellar reputation...

BUT.....WooHoo!!!

Jayco just called me.
They will authorize and independent to make the repairs!!!
I know of 2 that are very highly reccommended!!!
I will reach out the them and see how this goes. The jayco rep handling my case said they have seen a few "rare" instances of this. Take that however you want to...

I will update this thread as I work through things.

So happy I will never have to use the local dealer....
Old 06-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #93

There are way too many with same issue here, what about the poor suckers that don't monitor this site? You folks need to take into consideration what safety aspects this raises. Frame outriggers bending? NHTSA.gov needs to hear from some of you, that is the only way your going to get a recall.
2015 Jayco Sesimic 4212 Extreme Weather Package, Dual Pane Windows, Side and rear Patios, 480 watt Zamp Solar Pkg, 6 - 6 volt AGM batteries, Residential Fridge, custom Dishwasher, 5500 watt Onan and lot of problems.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:24 PM   #94
Site Team

After reading this thread, I crawled all around under mine looking and checking. I see no evidence of the condition on my rig. I did find a few bolts that took 1/4 turn to snug up.

I wish someone would measure the thickness of the bracket metal with a caliper so maybe we can get some comparisons. I don't have one but they look thicker on mine than on the pictures I see. (Not an accurate comparison)
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsday75 View Post
BUT.....WooHoo!!!

Jayco just called me.
They will authorize and independent to make the repairs!!!
I know of 2 that are very highly reccommended!!!
I will reach out the them and see how this goes. The jayco rep handling my case said they have seen a few "rare" instances of this. Take that however you want to...
JAYCO isn't going to authorize independent's to make "rare" instance warranty work. Clearly, they know that they have a big problem....

Old 06-01-2016, 02:13 PM   #96

Loboclone
Our slides are the same size as yours. What I do not get is why I have six rollers and u only have three. My 10 cubic gas without water an ice is only 50 lbs lighter than the residential fridges. Maybe u guys are just filling that big residential with two many beers!!! Gotta bring some humor to this.
Rock
Old 06-01-2016, 02:28 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Instructor View Post
JAYCO isn't going to authorize independent's to make "rare" instance warranty work. Clearly, they know that they have a big problem....
2X...............................they know!
Old 06-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Loboclone
Our slides are the same size as yours. What I do not get is why I have six rollers and u only have three. My 10 cubic gas without water an ice is only 50 lbs lighter than the residential fridges. Maybe u guys are just filling that big residential with two many beers!!! Gotta bring some humor to this.
Rock
ROCK: Thanks for the humor....................don't drink but after a year with this seismic I should start.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #99

Hello all,
Thought I would chime in... I expressed concern of bent bracket, water penetrated floor, bubbled linoleum,... All as the result of what I believe is water pentration through the staples in underbelly tin above tires... Well CRICKET response from Jayco and NOW bracket is split and our kitchen slide nolonger works... Jayco roadside can't ring us help for 2+ weeks and we are now standee in WI unable to use our very expensive RV that's only 6 months old.... One attached latest pic but have timeline if anyone is interested ... My patience are GONE...
Old 06-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_FBTS View Post
Hello all,
Thought I would chime in... I expressed concern of bent bracket, water penetrated floor, bubbled linoleum,... All as the result of what I believe is water pentration through the staples in underbelly tin above tires... Well CRICKET response from Jayco and NOW bracket is split and our kitchen slide nolonger works... Jayco roadside can't ring us help for 2+ weeks and we are now standee in WI unable to use our very expensive RV that's only 6 months old.... One attached latest pic but have timeline if anyone is interested ... My patience are GONE...
Dear patience is gone: so is mine
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/at...1&d=1464813749
Attached Thumbnails
20160520_205449810_iOS.jpg