Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-06-2022, 04:45 PM   #1

Fresh Water System and Whirlpool Fridge

We purchased a new 2022 Northpoint 310RLTS in June. We have the freshwater drinking water system. The water works just fine with the drinking water tap on the island. We have the Whirlpool side by side residential fridge and have not had any success getting the water or ice maker to work. We have checked everything we know to check. Ice maker is on, cut off valve located and is on. Anyone have this same issue??
Wandering2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering2 View Post
We purchased a new 2022 Northpoint 310RLTS in June. We have the freshwater drinking water system. The water works just fine with the drinking water tap on the island. We have the Whirlpool side by side residential fridge and have not had any success getting the water or ice maker to work. We have checked everything we know to check. Ice maker is on, cut off valve located and is on. Anyone have this same issue??
have you looked at the line behind the frig using the outside door access?

It is easy to disconnect the water line where it connects to the frig and see if water comes out.

Also, check the line under the slide with the frig and make sure it isn't kinked...should be a white hose.

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 05:53 PM   #3

Going to check your suggestions now. We are out camping so it’s a good time to troubleshoot.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learjet View Post
have you looked at the line behind the frig using the outside door access?

It is easy to disconnect the water line where it connects to the frig and see if water comes out.

Also, check the line under the slide with the frig and make sure it isn't kinked...should be a white hose.
Checked for line kinks under slide and it looks good. No water in the line at back of fridge. There may be a kink in the line where I can’t see.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 08-07-2022, 05:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering2 View Post
What cut off are you speaking off? the one under the island, which is obviously open, as you have water to the dispenser, is open. There is one just for the fridge, and it is usually behind one of the cabinet walls around the stove, at least on ours. There would an opening covered and some screws to remove for access.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:29 AM   #6

I'm having the same issue. I did some reading and saw someone mention that there are more than one valve that could be in the off position. The one obvious one is under the island left of the sink. There is another however if you're facing the stove it's the left counter side cabinet (open the bottom cabinet and remove the false panel where there should be 3 or 4 screws. Behind there you'll see the white line running to a shutoff valve.
We found and checked BOTH of these and still no water though. There must be another we haven't found. I saw online someone said that the sink area could have a 2nd valve but you have to follow the line possibly below the floor level (absolutely dumb place to put this for a consumer to have to do). I can't reach my hand in any further from how the wood is already cut to see if there is a valve in there below and that's the final missing piece. We're frustrated since this is a brand new RV and we can't fully use the new fridge yet the way it should. No cool water or ice maker use yet. Still trying to troubleshoot when we're up there at the trailer. The outside panel behind the fridge just shows some lines. No valve that I saw in that area that I noticed.
Please let me know if you figure any other areas that may be worth checking if you figure this out.
Mikek128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 01:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikek128 View Post
I'm having the same issue. I did some reading and saw someone mention that there are more than one valve that could be in the off position. The one obvious one is under the island left of the sink. There is another however if you're facing the stove it's the left counter side cabinet (open the bottom cabinet and remove the false panel where there should be 3 or 4 screws. Behind there you'll see the white line running to a shutoff valve.
We found and checked BOTH of these and still no water though. There must be another we haven't found. I saw online someone said that the sink area could have a 2nd valve but you have to follow the line possibly below the floor level (absolutely dumb place to put this for a consumer to have to do). I can't reach my hand in any further from how the wood is already cut to see if there is a valve in there below and that's the final missing piece. We're frustrated since this is a brand new RV and we can't fully use the new fridge yet the way it should. No cool water or ice maker use yet. Still trying to troubleshoot when we're up there at the trailer. The outside panel behind the fridge just shows some lines. No valve that I saw in that area that I noticed.
Please let me know if you figure any other areas that may be worth checking if you figure this out.

We have checked everything you have mentioned as well. We are at a loss and very frustrated!! Will definitely update if we find the resolution!!
Old 08-16-2022, 02:15 PM   #8

I called my dealer and hes checking with the service department and going to try and find out some specific areas for my Jayco model. We have the 2022 Pinnacle 32RLTS model, however some of the locations may be similar to yours.

When I hear back I will post on here what they say, however I will not be able to check in person for about 2 weeks until we revisit our RV to confirm and do more "exploring".

I'm hoping it's not in that lower hole in the left sink area. If so I'll have to cut about 1-2" out to make it wider to get my hand inside to find the turn valve (if mine even has one there below the other one up top).
Old 08-16-2022, 03:13 PM   #9

Quote:
I called my dealer and hes checking with the service department and going to try and find out some specific areas for my Jayco model. We have the 2022 Pinnacle 32RLTS model, however some of the locations may be similar to yours.

When I hear back I will post on here what they say, however I will not be able to check in person for about 2 weeks until we revisit our RV to confirm and do more "exploring".

I'm hoping it's not in that lower hole in the left sink area. If so I'll have to cut about 1-2" out to make it wider to get my hand inside to find the turn valve (if mine even has one there below the other one up top).
I have not heard of a third valve anywhere. If you are getting water to the sink dispenser, it means that valve is open, and the pump and power switch
to the island are working fine. That same valve should allow water to flow to the fridge area and to the second valve. Ours works flawlessly; we have ice maker but do not have a water dispenser on the fridge, only on the island.
Old 08-16-2022, 03:43 PM   #10

Okay thanks. It's possible that your 3rd valve (below the opening by the floor in the island was already opened so it was a non issue for you? Not sure though but glad that yours works!
We have the Whirpool residential fridge. The freezer and fridge are holding temperatures perfectly though so far. Just wish we had the ice maker and the water on the fridge for the fresh cool water also.

How do you like your fridge?
Old 08-16-2022, 04:41 PM   #11

Quote:

Thank you for the update and I’ll look forward to hearing what you are told. Our dealer service department is clueless and want us to bring it in and I guess leave it for 3 plus months haha (typical for them) so that’s why I’m trying to figure it out in my own.
Old 08-16-2022, 04:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
I have not heard of a third valve anywhere. If you are getting water to the sink dispenser, it means that valve is open, and the pump and power switch
to the island are working fine. That same valve should allow water to flow to the fridge area and to the second valve. Ours works flawlessly; we have ice maker but do not have a water dispenser on the fridge, only on the island.
Our water runs to sink with no issue just not to the fridge or ice maker. It’s a mystery to say the least.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:02 PM   #13

Water to frig ice maker has its own shut off valves. First valve behind island left side acc panel and second below bottom drawer next to frog on our 22 north point 340ckts. Good luck
Cindy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 08:27 PM   #14

Our 2020 32RLTS has a shut off valve to the fridge line behind the set of drawers between the oven and the fridge. Why? Who knows.
F350guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 09:34 PM   #15

Do you also have a valve on the left side of stove also? So you're saying there may be an additional valve on the right side just before the fridge too after only 2 feet of line from the left side of stove which has a valve (already was open we found it and checked).

I didn't remove any drawers on the right side of the stove. We have 3 drawers so I guess I'll look behind there next time in case that's the missing area
Old 08-16-2022, 09:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Do you also have a valve on the left side of stove also? So you're saying there may be an additional valve on the right side just before the fridge too after only 2 feet of line from the left side of stove which has a valve (already was open we found it and checked).

I didn't remove any drawers on the right side of the stove. We have 3 drawers so I guess I'll look behind there next time in case that's the missing area
I never looked for one on the left side of the stove since I found it where I did, after the advice of some forum member a couple of years ago. The only other valve is the outside low point drain valve for the water/icemaker line. I'm doing this from memory so in the morning I will go out and verify what I'm telling you but I'm all but certain this is correct.
Old 08-17-2022, 05:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by F350guy View Post
Our 2020 32RLTS has a shut off valve to the fridge line behind the set of drawers between the oven and the fridge. Why? Who knows.

X2, Ice maker fed by drinking water jug / 12v pump, 1 shutoff in kitchen island, 1 shut off behind drawer next to fridge.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 06:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoamer View Post
X2, Ice maker fed by drinking water jug / 12v pump, 1 shutoff in kitchen island, 1 shut off behind drawer next to fridge.
Thank you. Now I know I wasn't dreaming it.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:47 AM   #19

There is also a drain valve under coach left side near rear axles (fridge water drian), make sure it is closed for summer. Also, the island valves are behind the trash can (island) blind rear panel held in by usually 3 screws if you have one. basing off a 2020 Pinnacle 32RLTS. The stove valves are behind the lower drawers next to the frige (remove the drawwers). becareful on removal, the sliders (rails) with ball bearing are very cheap - poorly made. I already replaced mine. I altered my system since the water pump in the island works off 110volts requiring Generator or shore power. I installed a 110V pump under the lower drawer tapped into the fridge wiring box (inverter) so I can have water, ice while boondocking and not have to run the gen.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 01:50 PM   #20

There may be another shut off valve. I have a 2021 Jayco Northpoint 382FLRB. I had to remove the back of the kitchen cabinet next to the fridge. Behind the back panel was a shut off valve for the freshwater fridge line.
SteveC is offline   Reply With Quote