Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2022, 02:45 PM   #21

Access to rear of fridge from outside. There are 3 solenoids. One is the main solenoid that allows water to the icemaker solenoid and water to the drinking water solenoid.
You can check the coils with an ohmmeter (disconnect wires and check for continuity on each. I had to replace the main solenoid as it was bad from the factory brand new and ordered off the net as it cost far less. Part numbers are on each solenoid. Whirlpool warranties are horrible and putting the coach in a warraty shop covered by Jayco would have tied it up for 4 -6 months - NOPE. Anyhow, all fixed, all good - did it myself. $60
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #22

Steve: Can you be more specific with which cabinet or area. Top ... bottom etc? I already found the valve to the left of the stove behind the bottom cabinet. I found the 1 valve in the island, which is up high left and underneath the sink. It leads down into a small rectangular cutout with wires and some here are leading me to believe there MAY be a 2nd valve out of reach below that cutout. If so I'll have to cut the hole larger to reach in and find out. I have to be careful to not cut any lines or tubes below so that will be an interesting project but hoping I can figure this out without having to try that option. That's my last resort
Mikek128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 03:56 PM   #23

Edutron: Thanks I'll make note of that as well and see if someone can help me check those if we can't find any missing valves near the fridge and before and cutting below the fake wall under the island at the sink area. All I want is my fridge to make ice and cold water. Sigh ...
Old 08-22-2022, 04:42 PM   #24

At this point I would take the water line off going into frig, easy to access from the outside door for frig service....then turn on pump and see if you have water....if not you know you have a frig issue.

Also, is the ice maker switch located underneath the ice maker on?

2017 Ram Cummins 3500, 4x4, Dually Aisin, 3.73
B&W hitch
Learjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 11:25 PM   #25

Yes the ice maker switch inside the freezer compartment is On. No ice OR water at the fridge. Seems like a valve may be off somewhere. But I'm try the other suggestions if I can't find the valve this weekend.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:23 PM   #26

Water shutoff valve for our 385THWS was behind drawer which had to be removed to access.
Backwoods Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:04 PM   #27

We have the same Fifth Wheel and had same problem when we got it. There is a shutoff valve under bottom drawer in cabinet to the left of the stove. I have to remove drawer to get to it.
jhogue46140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:38 PM   #28

I'm new to this forum. Considering a new 5th wheel. I cant help with locating any cut off but I own an appliance company and have been Whirlpool authorized for over 30 years. If you ever have questions on the fridge, just let me know. Always include your complete model number and first word of advice is: If it has a water filter inside the ref. compartment, NEVER use anything but a true whirlpool filter. Yes they are more than the amazon knock off's but they don't leak. Hope I don't hear from you but feel free if you have any questions or problems.
Ethansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:39 PM   #29

Update Problem Resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikek128 View Post
Edutron: Thanks I'll make note of that as well and see if someone can help me check those if we can't find any missing valves near the fridge and before and cutting below the fake wall under the island at the sink area. All I want is my fridge to make ice and cold water. Sigh ...
After a lot of searching and reading and researching we have fixed the issue!!

Facing the sink on the island open the cabinet on the left. Remove the panel in the cabinet and there you will find a cut off valve where you’ll see a white line going toward the sink and another that appears to run below under the flooring to the refrigerator. Make sure the fresh water pump on side of island is on and open the valve. You will hear it working. Press the water on fridge and eventually it will route its way from the freshwater jug below and you should have water. We had to press the water dispenser a few times to get the water to the fridge but it works now!! Hope this works for you as well.
Wandering2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 06:55 AM   #30

My 310rlts did the same thing. Water on tap, no frig. Water. The issue was valve under sink behind panel. Valve behind drawer on, low point under belly closed, Made no sense on how it's plumbed but it works great after valve behind sink panel was turned. Only valves I adressed. Good luck
Long Bed Dually
B&W hitch "Bully Mac"
sonny copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 04:33 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering2 View Post
We purchased a new 2022 Northpoint 310RLTS in June. We have the freshwater drinking water system. The water works just fine with the drinking water tap on the island. We have the Whirlpool side by side residential fridge and have not had any success getting the water or ice maker to work. We have checked everything we know to check. Ice maker is on, cut off valve located and is on. Anyone have this same issue??
We just bought a slightly used 2021 32 RLTS. I wanted the water line to the ice maker and the fridge to work. The technicians worked for hours trying to find the valve. They finally found it in and behind a panel to the left of the sink. Not sure if yours is the same but it's where our trash can is. There are 4 screws that hold on the panel.
Gneff57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 05:08 PM   #32

We have the same situation as Wandering2. We have water at the island freshwater tap working. We turn the pump on, on the side of the island so it glows red. We also found the valve (left of the sink behind the fake panel with 4 screws). That valve needs to be open so the sink freshwater tap works, which it already is. Turning it the other way just shuts that off so no water comes out. There's no other valve left of the sink. The tube runs under the floor and no idea where it goes. Such a joke that this is so complicated to get water and ice maker to work. The fridge and freezer work but that's it. No water will come from the fridge dispenser. No ice will come out and the ice maker is on.
We found the valve to the left of the stove and turned that on and off but we believe that valve is irrelevant anyway and goes to the low point drain valve already for water coming out of the fridge.
Next Spring we'll have to call Whirlpool to send a technician to the RV to try and diagnose the issue. The only thing left we think could be the issue is that water is reaching the fridge but then it's not making its way to the door/ ice maker. Maybe a fridge tech can find a part that may be broken and not able to push the water beyond said point within the back of the refrigerator. If anyone finds any other places to check ... we're all ears ...
Old 10-22-2022, 12:46 AM   #33

Assuming all valves are on, check the solenoids in rear of fridge. We had a bad solenoid straight from factory. Use multimeter (ohmeter to check for opens in windings). Cost less to buy part on net than have warranty fix it. 2020 Pinnacle.
Edutron is offline   Reply With Quote