Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #1

Fresh water tank

I have a 2013 Jayco Eagle that the fresh water
tank fell out for the third time. First time was when it was 3 months old for are first long weekend trip. Was covered under the two year warrant. Second time was in 2014 when we were in Texas and I was able to ratchet strap it back up. took it back to the dealer and they put it back up with the New approved manufacture warranty. Now this weekend it fell out just 70 miles from home this time we were on the interstate and it drug so long it wore the tank into. My question is how many owners have had this happen to them and did the Jayco stand behind the repairs?
Any help would be great
Thanks
Gary Hughes
Gary Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 04:54 PM   #2

Find a shop that knows what they're doing. A fresh water tank should never fall out, let alone 3 times. You need to have someone install a pc of 2"x2"x3/16" angle under the tank that spans from each side of the frame. It just needs to be bolted on so if you ever need to replace the tank it can be removed easily. It would only take about 30 mins to install it.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote