Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2021, 06:22 PM   #1

Fresh water tank problem

I have recently purchased a 2015 Jayco 265RLS fifth wheel and are experiencing problems filling the fresh water tank. The tank is empty and when I try to fill it more water comes out the overflow tube then what goes in the tank. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have talked to several dealers and Jayco themselves and everyone tells me the tank is full which it is not.
Fordpower2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordpower2000 View Post
I have recently purchased a 2015 Jayco 265RLS fifth wheel and are experiencing problems filling the fresh water tank. The tank is empty and when I try to fill it more water comes out the overflow tube then what goes in the tank. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have talked to several dealers and Jayco themselves and everyone tells me the tank is full which it is not.
I suspect the tank is filled from the bottom, and the vent is on top. At least, that is how my 2018 is. So, I think the tank may indeed be full, unless you can actually see the tank itself. How are you actually verifying that the tank isn't full? Are you positive it is coming out the vent and not the tank drain?

Pictures of your tank/fill/drain/overflow/etc, might help people understand your situation.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:25 PM   #3

Yes I'm sure it's coming from the drain. I can't see the tank but I disconnected the drain valve and blew air into it, and air comes out of the drain hose (black hose in attached picture) and the vent (white tube) but no water comes out of the drain so assuming the tank is empty. Also the gauges are reading empty but I know they don't always work.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20210713-222050.jpg  
Fordpower2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:31 PM   #4

On my north point, the black tube was the overflow, when the tank was full water Would come out of the black tube.

CURT FACTORY ball with the Andersen hitch
Ringneks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:56 PM   #5

I assume, .... Your city/tank fill valve is set correctly to fill the tank? You have no obstruction in the tank fill connection/tubing/screen washer? the two valves for winterize/antifreeze are set correctly?

If water comes out the overflow, at least some of it is making it to the tank. how long after you start filling does it start overflowing? There is a well known issue of siphoning that dumps water out that overflow until it is back below the 2/3 sensor.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordpower2000 View Post
Yes I'm sure it's coming from the drain. I can't see the tank but I disconnected the drain valve and blew air into it, and air comes out of the drain hose (black hose in attached picture) and the vent (white tube) but no water comes out of the drain so assuming the tank is empty. Also the gauges are reading empty but I know they don't always work.
Here is how mine was connected. Not to scale, but not far off, either.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jayco Water Tank Connections.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	73548
You can see the problem when you stop, or park on a downslope.

Tags
fresh water tank, overflow, tank drain