Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2020, 10:35 AM   #1

Fresh water to city water

In reviewing the plumbing section of the owner's manual for my 2018 fifth wheel on a different subject, I noticed that it stated that each time when going from filling my fresh water tank to using city water I have to move the white valve near the water pump to a different direction. One way when using the fresh water tank and another when hooked up to a city water supply. I have never done that as I simply leave my utility center blue valve control to city water when hooked up to a water source. Everything seems to work fine. I am not referring to the utility center control that goes from Tank Fill to City water but rather the water pump control valve behind the wall at the water pump.
Could I be getting better flow or causing an unknown issue by not flipping the white valve each time?
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
BLTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:39 AM   #2

We have a 2017 Eagle 24.5 CKTS. The only time you need to play with the valve settings by the pump (behind a removeable panel) is if you are using the "Country Fill" function. That feature allows you to fill your fresh water tank from a portable fresh water supply. The description of the valve setting in my manual has photos showing the "normal" setting and the "Country Fill". We only ever had to use the Country Fill setting once when we were boon docking and ran low on fresh water in the onboard tank. Might be worth having a look to make sure the valves are in correct "normal" position but if you have never used the Country Fill feature they should be OK.
OTTERCOMET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTERCOMET View Post
We have a 2017 Eagle 24.5 CKTS. The only time you need to play with the valve settings by the pump (behind a removeable panel) is if you are using the "Country Fill" function. That feature allows you to fill your fresh water tank from a portable fresh water supply. The description of the valve setting in my manual has photos showing the "normal" setting and the "Country Fill". We only ever had to use the Country Fill setting once when we were boon docking and ran low on fresh water in the onboard tank. Might be worth having a look to make sure the valves are in correct "normal" position but if you have never used the Country Fill feature they should be OK.
Thanks and very familiar with the Country Fill option and have used it often. My manual has very specific instructions stating that when I want to fill my fresh water tank with a "pressurized source" like a hose I haves to move the white valve to A position and then move it to B position when I want to hook up the "pressurized source" directly as in City Water. All I have ever done is use the out side lever in the utility center going from Tank Fill to City fill when filling my tank or just leaving on City Fill when hooked up to a hose. I have never moved the white valve for that process only when using the Country Fill tube.
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
Old 09-23-2020, 07:34 AM   #4

I don't know if moving that valve would make any difference to flow rate. The only times I have used that valve is for the country fill and I have always made sure to return it to the setting I originally found it in (pictures taken). If you test it and find it makes a difference, please post. I may also need to make an adjustment - never thought of it before.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTERCOMET View Post
I don't know if moving that valve would make any difference to flow rate. The only times I have used that valve is for the country fill and I have always made sure to return it to the setting I originally found it in (pictures taken). If you test it and find it makes a difference, please post. I may also need to make an adjustment - never thought of it before.
Ottercomet, on another note. Since you use the same hose for winterization do you leave the white valve in the "original" postion and only turn the black valve to the hose? If I turn both of them I end up putting the antifreeze in the water tank, just like country fill. Were there supposed to be pictures in your last message? Thanks for your comments.
Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi
Old 09-24-2020, 10:55 AM   #6

When I said pictures I was referring to my having taken photos of the valve set up prior to the first time I used the country fill option - so I could put it back the way I found it -and I didn't save the photos so I can't refer to them now.

When winterizing I only use the one valve to enable the pump to pickup from my jug of RV antifreeze and once winterized the valve is returned to original (for the pump to pickup from the fresh water tank.

Tags
city water, fresh water, plumbing, water valve