Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-28-2020, 07:24 PM   #1

Fridge water/ice maker

I have a 2020 North Point 310RLTS and I’ve been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get the fridge to dispense water/make ice. Any advice or tips would be great.
Ahegwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 07:38 PM   #2

There are two water valves that must be turned on. One is behind your stove closest to the floor. You will have to remove the bottom drawer and reach back to turn it on. The second valve is under your kitchen sink behind a small false wall. It will look like it was made to cover the sink pipes but you will find the second one here. Just unscrew the little wall pieces and you will see it.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-28-2020, 07:39 PM   #3

Lol! Welcome to the club of been there done that.
There is a water shutoff valve either behind the fridge or under the stove/oven.
My 17 Northpoint 375 has the shutoff valve that you have to take the access panel off in front of the stove and reach to the back and around to corner to the fridge and its right there. Yours may be the same.
Keep us posted...
Old 01-28-2020, 08:23 PM   #4

There is no valve under the sink, but there is one behind the trash can beside the sink. However that is a drain valve for the drinking water system and simply pumps off the water in the 5gal jug. The valve under the stove is also a low point drain valve for the ice maker and drains the same spot as the drinking water system. I will update with further discoveries as I find them. Determined to figure this out tonight haha.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:51 PM   #5

My low point drain for the fridge/icemaker is located underneath the trailer directly below the fridge slide out.
It dont make sense to have a low point drain under the stove location. That's almost gotta be the shutoff valve. I've been wrong before though.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:04 AM   #6

That’s where this low point drain is. The problem I initially ran into was that valve was opened, so when I opened the valve on the island coming from the drinking water pump, it pumped right out the low point drain. With the valve on the island open and the low point drain valve closed the pump dead heads there and goes through the valve under the oven to the fridge. I thought the valve under the oven was a drain since it’s plumbed into the drain.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:39 AM   #7

What a piss poor set up that is. Unbelievable.
The good thing is you found the valves and figured it out.
Maybe a future mod to simplify that?? Lol!
Old 01-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #8

Man I work in the oil and gas industry, you don’t have to talk to me about over engineering, or piss poor design. Engineers never seem to think in terms of the simple man end user. I’m just glad I’ve had a full of career having to chase plumbing and figure things like this out (and dealing with engineers), it definitely helped me figure this out.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:56 PM   #9

*Update*

The water is still dispensing fine, but 18 hours later there was no ice nor signs of ice attempting to make. Did a little research on the model of refrigerator and found an arm that stops ice production when bin is full was in the up position. It took a little force to get it to come down and is now in the make ice position. I haven’t heard the pump activate like it’s filling the ice maker though, it is still dispensing water, I checked that. Has anyone had any similar issues? Did I break the arm that senses full/empty on the ice maker? Now that it’s down will it take some time to start making ice?
Old 01-29-2020, 07:10 PM   #10

Check the icemaker for a power switch. Either on the front or the side.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #11

Ice maker power switch is on.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #12

Try to hold the switch to the on position for 15 to 30 seconds. That should force it into a cycle.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #13

You’ll have to elaborate some. The on off switch is a toggle switch behind the ice cube holder. The switch that recognizes when the holder is full hangs down into the holder until it fills up pushing it into the off position. I’m not sure which one your talking about holding on.