Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2018, 12:44 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rv4life View Post
just picked up a 29.5 bhds yesterday from the dealership. The frig and freezer was working when I did the walk thru. I brought it home and plugged it into the outlet around 8pm last night, then checked it this morning and nothing. I set it on Auto, have a solid green light, but nothing is cold (freezer and frig). I switched it to gas and came back 4 hours later and still nothing. I want to see if anyone could help me out. the dealership is 1.5 hours away from me and i would hate to tow it over there if its just a minor thing I could of fixed myself.
What brand refrigerator is it?
Tony from NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #22

I have a 28.5 and ran into problems on my last trip. Turns out it was the thermistor. Had it replace and when we got back order one on Amazon for @16$. Vey easy to replace just three plugs.
ceasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:42 PM   #23

Quote:
See attached. Seems pretty level but im going to re-level it right now. Let you know in a few!!!
the fridge will operate within 3% of level.any more than that and it wont cool.You may have to reset the control panel.I had to that with mine.in the manual it says it is a service dealer operation but i found the code on the forum somewhere.Or just google it.it worked for me.
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:47 PM   #24

What brand refrigerator is it? Is it a Norcold?
Old 08-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony from NJ View Post
What brand refrigerator is it? Is it a Norcold?
yes it is.did you get any error codes on the panel?
trento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:12 PM   #26

Quote:
Just re-leveled the trailer and no fan noise. Think i have to bring it in ��
As a quick footnote, I had problems with my Eagle HT refrig. from the time I arrived home from my original pickup. Three separate Jayco dealers looked at it without a solution. I have to say that it was intermittent, worked great at times and wouldn't work at all other times. I also checked the level situation. It is now at a 4th dealership and they have told me that they now are waiting for delivery of a new cooling unit. I had requested a new entire refrig., so I hope that this will do the trick.
jamtrobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 04:30 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by trento View Post
yes it is.did you get any error codes on the panel?
I’ve had nothing but issues with ours. This is what I had to do. Shut the unit down for at least 3 hours. Let it go thru a complete reset. After you turn it back on, make sure when it’s in auto mode that when you lose electric - that it’s getting propane. Just because the light comes on, doesn’t necessarily mean it’s working on propane. Have someone go outside, and have them let you know if they hear it clicking over - it will sound like an ignitior on a gas grill. If that’s not working, You probably have air in the line. Simply light one of the oven burners, let it burn for a minute or two. Then, try to run the refrigerator on auto and gas.
I also had to move the thermo clip, that’s mounted on the grates in the refrigerator to the left, a few fins at a time. That’s what actually tells your freezer and refrigerator how to cool itself. It’s fustrating - but Norcold units I have found to be very temperamental.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Just re-leveled the trailer and no fan noise. Think i have to bring it in ��
A dometic Ihad tripped from not being level. It required a manual reset which comprised of jumpering some terminals on the electronic panel. you can find detailed instructions on the web.
klirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #29

Fridge needs to be reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
The fans are small, similar to "computer" fans. They are quiet when they run but I can definitely hear them.

Not getting cold at all? Hope they get you fixed up quickly.
There is a way to reset the fridge. It happen to me after the hurricane last year. Open the fridge compartment you will see a circuit board there is a missing wire on the molex connector. Put a jumper wire in the empty wire on housing and the other one to ground. I was showed that by a service tech from a dealer. It works fine ever sense. When on propane and it goes back to electric it will try twice and it will shut down.
robert66r is offline   Reply With Quote