Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2020, 04:12 PM   #1

Frigidaire Gallery residential refrigerator FY CE code

Any experience???... Our Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator in our 2017 NorthPoint 377 RLBH. Just out of the blue, maybe once a day, it lets out a single beep. It continues to cool just fine and I've seen other posts that describe theirs doing the same thing. However, in addition, sometimes, it flashes an error code SY CE. The compressor doesn't run, no lights inside the refrig. Nothing. So, I get on my hands n knees and pull the drawer out below the stove and twiggle my hand back there and unplug the refgrig from its outlet. I let it set for a while and plug it in and it's fine for a week or two. This happened last year when we used it all summer and is happening again this year. Here's the super-weird thing...we have 6 solar panels and 5 crazy big batteries. When we moved out of the Northpoint last December, I parked it and forgot to turn the power to the refrig off. It didn't even cross my mind that the solar would work for 5 months to keep the refrigerator running...but it did. And no SY CE code. So...thoughts??? Is it haunted? Why would the code come on when plugged in to the 50 amp campsite but go all winter operating error-free on solar??
car*man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:26 PM   #2

Just like a LAPTOP....it's electronic...

When your Frigidaire refrigerator displays the SY CE error code, this means there is a communications issue. This communication problem is caused by either a wiring issue, wire harness issue, faulty control board, or a bad user interface board. To reset unplug and wait 15 minutes and plug back in.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:08 PM   #3

Yep. I get that. But I'd like to fix it. If we are away from the rv all day and it throws that code, it quits cooling and I don't want everything to ruin (especially with today's meat prices!!). Anyone have any experience with this code and what did you do to fix it? I've done the google research and know there are several possible issues.
Old 06-03-2020, 12:51 PM   #4

Just like the brain box in a car you probably need a service man to run the diagnostics to find the failure point. I doubt this is "do it yourself" fix since you have 4 possibilities other than the recommended reset.

I take it you have a EMS since you use solar so that would eliminate any low voltage or surge issues. If I remember correctly someone posted they had that issue with their FRIGIDAIRE and had to reset.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:58 PM   #5

Pull your grill at the bottom, the wiring/service paper is in there. I think the codes are in there. There is also some other diagnostics written there too.

Why not just shut off the breaker instead of reaching for the fridge plug?
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:40 PM   #6

Why not just shut off the breaker instead of reaching for the fridge plug?[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. Lol!
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:42 AM   #7

The first time this happened, I flipped the breaker and was crazy puzzled when the refrigerator still had power. Took me a few minutes to remember that it immediately runs on solar power when the 50 amp is off!

Think at this point I'll call a repair person. Thanks for the input! Matt