Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-30-2017, 06:54 AM   #1

Front Bath Toilet

2017 Pinnacle 36FBTS - Second trip out and just noticed there is an odor coming from the front bath toilet. While looking further, noticed every time it is flushed, an air bubble escapes at the beginning of the flush. Assuming it is gas buildup, why would that happen? Shouldn't the stink pipe handle gas buildup?
Dario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:00 AM   #2

The vent stack could be plugged with building debris. The vent stack vent could be plugged or restricted. Could be poorly installed piping allowing a water trap to occur between toilet and the tank.

Earl
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:24 AM   #3

When mine does that it is about 3/4 full. I think it has to do with the way the tank sits and the long line that runs to tank. The guages on all my tanks are off. After I drain I always fill tank to the top and redrain to give a good cleaning. When reading full I can add a bunch more water before black tank gets full. Burps at 3/4 since new and that is the odor.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:01 AM   #4

We had exact same problem last year. Contacted a mobile RV flush guy. He came out and did a water flush from the outside valve on up. Told us to use lots of water for every flush. Because of the angle of that upstairs bath he said to use upstairs mostly for liquid waste and downstairs for everything else. It's a more direct pipe I guess. He also took us off the blue stuff and now we buy TankTechRX on line. It also helped our guages. It's enzymes and bacteria. It's now been over a year w lots of use and no problems! That chemical also helped with the gages. We always put about 3inches of water in bowl. Then flush 1 or 2 more times. Water is your friend when flushing!!!
Old 01-31-2017, 11:03 AM   #5

bethcb
I might give that a try. I can see the bacteria working if unit sits and not used much. Full timing we use plenty of water and I am dumping every 7-20 days or when burping occurs. I keep the rinse hooked up and give the tank a cleaning each time. Not sure if that product would work for my use.
Rock
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
bethcb
I might give that a try. I can see the bacteria working if unit sits and not used much. Full timing we use plenty of water and I am dumping every 7-20 days or when burping occurs. I keep the rinse hooked up and give the tank a cleaning each time. Not sure if that product would work for my use.
Rock
Rock
I hear what you are saying but after over 25 years of RVing, it's the first time our gages work better (not perfect) than ever. We will never go blue again. We also use Costco TP. I was a food service director for 30 years in a large, old hospital and dealt w drains can constantly. Bacteria and enzymes are the only stuff that really worked.