Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2020, 07:58 PM   #1

Front cap leaking

So took our 2019 32rsts out this weekend. Purchased new in May. Seems it has had a water leak for awhile over the winter. Went on roof and could not see where water was getting in. Called dealer and took was able
To drop it off. Front cabinet all has to be removed and replaced plus it has to be dried out and replace whatever else is damaged. Service manager went on roofs and took pictures of the cap and where it is sealed. There are now about 4 large cracks in the caulking. Those were not there Sunday when we found the water problem. We have not had it 10 months. Dealer said it’s up to Jayco to determine if covered under warranty. Said roof has to be inspected every 90 days. When we parked it in December there was nothing wrong with it. They said it’s a maintenance issue. I said in less than 12 months? So basically I was being told their caulking isn’t even good for one year on a new camper. So with all the covid19 going on there’s going to be an issue it seems getting an answer from Jayco and then even parts. The service guy said we will fight for you but they may deny the warranty work. So...with all that being said what has been anyone’s experience with Jayco in this circumstance? We just got it back for warranty work on the back cap as it was delaminating and it had to be replaced. I get maintenance and we have had campers for years and caulked many a roof and sealed whatever needed to be sealed. We have had 4 brand new campers and have never had a roof or water issue until now. Advice is appreciated and maybe what to expect. I know it may not be a pleasant trip.
Shirlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:54 PM   #2

I hope you get it all covered under warranty and also hope it doesn’t take too long.

I find small cracks in my roof caulking almost every time I’m on the roof, which is monthly. Some are only 1/8 long, just a little dime size of caulking covers the holes.
That reminds me, I saw some cracks in the sealant on the sides yesterday when I was waxing it. I need to get those fixed before the rain on Wednesday.