Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2019, 12:14 PM   #1

Fully Painted and Clear Coated Front Caps

https://www.jayco.com/lfw-lp/pdf/front.pdf[/IMG]

https://www.jayco.com/lfw-lp/pdf/front.pdf

Here is an Ad from Jayco for my Fifth Wheel stating that the caps will look great for years to come. My years to come lasted about 30 months until fading and oxidizing. They claim it is not their fault. Funny all of my cars and trucks do not have this problem.

Attached Thumbnails
Front cap.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf front.pdf (1.19 MB, 28 views)
and
2 Zuchons or ( Beesh&*s) named Maggie and Bullet
silveradoboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 06:57 PM   #2

I have a advertisement from Jayco at location.

https://www.jayco.com/lfw-lp/pdf/fro...2RWGTlLbX7T_CI

that states : Most fifth wheels in the industry use paint-infused fiberglass front caps—which are can fade in the sun and develop a chalky feel months after purchase. We’ve eliminated these concerns on our Luxury Fifth Wheels with fully painted and clear-coated front caps. In fact, we’re one of the few companies in the industry that takes both of these extra steps to ensure that your caps look great for years to come.

Here is an article in The National Law Review stating that Express warranties such as the advertisement below are affirmative promises about the quality and features of the goods being sold. Illinois courts have found that brochures and advertisements may constitute express warranties.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article...ential-damages
and
Old 11-09-2019, 07:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoboomer View Post
https://www.jayco.com/lfw-lp/pdf/front.pdf[/IMG]

Here is an Ad from Jayco for my Fifth Wheel stating that the caps will look great for years to come. My years to come lasted about 30 months until fading and oxidizing. They claim it is not their fault. Funny all of my cars and trucks do not have this problem.

12 months is one year
24 months is two years
therefore 30 months qualifies as "years to come"
2019 F350 DRW Lariat CC Long Bed Diesel "Sheila"
3 Chihuahuas and 4 cats
We don't camp, we don't glamp, we LIVE.
Joan617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:20 PM   #4

Quote:

Unless you have a different unit than what you show in your signature the add you reference is not for a 2014. That front cap design was not used until 2016.
Old 11-09-2019, 10:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Unless you have a different unit than what you show in your signature the add you reference is not for a 2014. That front cap design was not used until 2016.
Since we were shopping before in 2013-2014, I am pretty sure Jayco had a paint option then too. No idea if the OP actually has that or not, though.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:29 PM   #6

In fact, I just found it thanks to Dr. Google.
Click image for larger version

Name:	found it.png
Views:	14
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	54654

So OP, which one is yours?
Old 11-10-2019, 07:22 AM   #7

Quote:
The front design is not the same on all units. The add was out in 2014. That was when I received it from the dealership. It is not about the design. It is about what the advertising states.
and
Old 11-10-2019, 07:24 AM   #8

Standard graphics.
and
Old 11-10-2019, 07:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan617 View Post
12 months is one year
24 months is two years
therefore 30 months qualifies as "years to come"
Exactly
and
Old 11-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Standard graphics.
Pretty sure if you have the standard graphics, you don't have the stated paint and clear coat, noted as "luxory" then.
Old 11-10-2019, 08:58 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
Pretty sure if you have the standard graphics, you don't have the stated paint and clear coat, noted as "luxory" then.
Could be, but there is not any stated difference in the premium or standard paint on the front cap. The front cap on both are painted and clear coated.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #12

Quote:
Could be, but there is not any stated difference in the premium or standard paint on the front cap. The front cap on both are painted and clear coated.
I am not in any way trying to say that Jayco shouldn't produce a quality product or that you shouldn't be mad about poor quality, but . . . .
I think you are reading what you want to see. Look at the actual brochure for your year. I don't think it says, what you are saying. IMO, using a brochure from the wrong year, won't win you any arguments with Jayco. In other words, if you are looking to pursue this with Jayco, I don't think this is your best line of thinking or discussion.

https://www.jayco.com/files/download...lename_220.pdf
The brochure appears to show those 2 methods as separate features. The premium paint appears to be an option. The premium paint option is the only thing that is clearly stated. They didn't clearly state what the standard graphics are made of, but the implication I see, is gel coat. Personally, I hate that they wouldn't just install some quality coating on all of the caps, period. That part take all the beating of road and weather.
Old 11-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #13

Quote:
I am not in any way trying to say that Jayco shouldn't produce a quality product or that you shouldn't be mad about poor quality, but . . . .
I think you are reading what you want to see. Look at the actual brochure for your year. I don't think it says, what you are saying. IMO, using a brochure from the wrong year, won't win you any arguments with Jayco. In other words, if you are looking to pursue this with Jayco, I don't think this is your best line of thinking or discussion.

https://www.jayco.com/files/download...lename_220.pdf
The brochure appears to show those 2 methods as separate features. The premium paint appears to be an option. The premium paint option is the only thing that is clearly stated. They didn't clearly state what the standard graphics are made of, but the implication I see, is gel coat. Personally, I hate that they wouldn't just install some quality coating on all of the caps, period. That part take all the beating of road and weather.

No where on the ad doe's it say premium paint. A Pinnacle by Jayco's own definition proclaims it a luxury fifth wheel, has nothing to do with which paint scheme it has. Also where doe's it state the year on the ad. As I have already stated the advertisement was given to me at the dealership in 2014. Just because that is a design they started using in a later year in no way reflects on the ad at the time of issue.
and
Old 11-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #14

The ad you posted simply isn't relevant. @Grumpy already pointed out, that the paint scheme confirms the year it was created. I am sure Jayco would have actual records showing that as well, if your intent is to go after them legally. If you have the actual copy of the add they gave you, that could assist your discussion with Jayco. That ad would still need to show your paint scheme, or at the very least a 2014 paint scheme, for your argument to hold water.

The 2014 brochure does show premium paint as an option, that you don't have.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:01 AM   #15

Quote:
The ad you posted simply isn't relevant. @Grumpy already pointed out, that the paint scheme confirms the year it was created. I am sure Jayco would have actual records showing that as well, if your intent is to go after them legally. If you have the actual copy of the add they gave you, that could assist your discussion with Jayco. That ad would still need to show your paint scheme, or at the very least a 2014 paint scheme, for your argument to hold water.

The 2014 brochure does show premium paint as an option, that you don't have.
You seem to make a lot of assumptions that are not printed on the add. Also Jayco has asked me where I received this add, because they claim it is not in their database. I then started searching on line because I have the printed add they gave to me, again I will say in 2014. I have sent them a copy. They say they can not find it. I found it on their site just the other day when they again proclaimed they have no knowledge of it. So I would say it would behoove everyone to copy this add as soon as possible before it disappears like so many of Hillary Clintons' emails. Add doe's not need to show same design on cap. It is stated for luxury fifth wheel, which includes Pinnacle.
and
Old 11-10-2019, 10:01 AM   #16

Quote:
No where on the ad doe's it say premium paint. A Pinnacle by Jayco's own definition proclaims it a luxury fifth wheel, has nothing to do with which paint scheme it has. Also where doe's it state the year on the ad. As I have already stated the advertisement was given to me at the dealership in 2014. Just because that is a design they started using in a later year in no way reflects on the ad at the time of issue.
There is nothing in the Specs or Brochure for a 2014 that makes any statement or guarantee about the front cap, you can find both on JAYCO's web site. Also how did a dealer give you a 2016 brochure in 2014? The 2015 front cap was even different than what you are showing in that link.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #17

Good luck, in your efforts. I truly hope Jayco helps you get it fixed.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:48 PM   #18

Quote:
There is nothing in the Specs or Brochure for a 2014 that makes any statement or guarantee about the front cap, you can find both on JAYCO's web site. Also how did a dealer give you a 2016 brochure in 2014? The 2015 front cap was even different than what you are showing in that link.

I surrender. All I can say is reread everything I have already written. I can't make you understand it.

Regardless if it is for my particular RV or not, it could help someone else.
and
Old 11-16-2019, 01:37 PM   #19

Having had a sailboat for years, and being familiar with fiberglass and gel coats... The only way they won't fail in time is to keep them waxed or covered in some form of UV inhibitor.

That said, I would expect even a cheap fiberglass front cover to lay more than 3 years. Yes it will chalk up, but that's just the sun. A good polish will take off that oxidation and restore the shine.

Anything worse that that I would consider bad manufacturing process for the cap.

Think doing these lines if Jayco needs more pursuasion...
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:18 AM   #20
DRE

Looks like Jayco has gone to paint on the front cap. My 2018 Eagle is in the shop right now getting cap painted. Dealer said they have at least a dozen rigs in line to get paint and clear coat. Seems Jayco recognizes the problem and is stepping up.