Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2019, 11:48 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflake View Post
The other one on the combustion side, the round one.
Jmac000 indicated that was an ROS which would be used as an overtemp safety. I think you're both talking about the same thing but with a different name. At any rate, if that thermostat opens, it shuts the furnace down for safety.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #42

Actually they are different in application only. On your furnace at home the high limit detects overheating in the heat exchanger. The roll out switch detects flames that roll out of the burners. Hope the diagram helps it’s kind of hard to read but on that furnace there isn’t a roll out switch.
Sometimes I take for granted people know how the furnace works. I’ve been a HVAC tech for 16 years. Let me know if you need something explained better.

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins
2016 Jayco Jay Flight Elite 27BHS
Sunflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:13 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama View Post
I have searched the forum and can not find where anyone had the problem I am having with the furnace in my 2018 Eagle 293RKDS.

I turn the furnace on and the blower starts. After a few seconds the burner ignites and goes out in a second or two. The blower stays running then after about 30 seconds the burner ignites and goes out in a second or two. The blower never turns off and the gas never burns longer than two seconds. I have let it run for 15 minutes and it keeps repeating this cycle.

Propane tanks were about 1/2 full so I filled the tanks. That did not change anything. The three burners on the stove all burn blue when on at the same time, so I have good flow of propane.

The furnace has worked fine till now. Anyone had this problem? If so what was the fix. I took the wall down in storage area and found the furnace. They did not leave much room for 6'4" man to work!
mine did that, I exchanged the propane tank and still, it has to get the propane through the tube, takes several minutes, was a loose connection, now my burners and out door grill works
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:40 AM   #44

Jim, my 321 RSTS has the same symptoms and the service tech FINALLY pulled the furnace and circuit board. Same water/moisture issue as you had. How did it get wet in the first place and how did you ensure water intrusion doesn't happen again. Thanks.

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:34 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog3loves View Post
Jim, my 321 RSTS has the same symptoms and the service tech FINALLY pulled the furnace and circuit board. Same water/moisture issue as you had. How did it get wet in the first place and how did you ensure water intrusion doesn't happen again. Thanks.

I bought the unit used but it was at most a year old when I got it. Furnace worked correctly when we bought it so I assume this problem developed while I owned it. When I unhooked the furnace and spun it 90 degrees it looked like someone was inside of the heater already due to the way it was sealed up. Sloppy clear caulk around the control board access panel. However that may have also came from the factory that way.

I am pretty good with mechanics and figuring stuff out. But for the life of me I cant understand how any moisture could have gotten to where it was. That inside area where the circuit board lives is totally sealed. Where I found the moisture was directly under and in the middle of the circuit board and about the size of a quarter. Now the circuit board only sits like 1/8" above the bottom of the shroud but its positioned where it cant really move or bend down if you will.

But the fluid was definitely going from the bottom of the shroud and touching the bottom of the board right in the middle. There was green corrosion where this moisture was touching the board and I assume shorting the board out. I dont see any way that moisture could have gotten there but it was with no evidence of it running down and over or under any other part of the board.

I cleaned the board off and theres no burn marks or any other things that give me suspect that it wont work again. So I put it in the box the new one came out of and have it stashed away for if/when this new one goes out. Its worth a try to see if it works again. So I am completely baffled to how the moisture got in there. The exhaust is in the same area so maybe either moisture/condensation from it wicked down into there or maybe rain somehow got wicked in there. Thats my only guess and I have no solutions on how to stop it from happening again.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 09:34 AM   #46

Thanks, Jim, for your answer. The tech said it was from washing it and water squirting in the exhaust. I bought it new and have NEVER washed it. (Every bug spot is a souvenir from our Alaska trip. So I discounted that excuse of how water got in.) That leaves rain coming in sideways, which is believable since we've experienced two hurricanes passing by here in the FL panhandle, or the significant rain/wind event while camping outside of Glacier NP. It's possible, but with so many people having the same issue, I'm NOT convinced that the moisture wasn't there already at the time of our purchase. You would think, however, that the heat generated in the furnace would evaporate any moisture in there. ???

Hog3loves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 04:25 PM   #47

I got my heater fixed and just closing this out for anyone in the future who may read this. Problem turned out to be a broke wire connection on the furnace. Simple fix if you can get to the wiring connections on the furnace.
Bama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:57 AM   #48

If anyone has had the problem like me with water intrusion on or under the circuit board. The furnace manufacturer has a kit and new board free of charge. Its a easy install which mounts the board in the same area and rather than being flat on the bottom its now on a 45 degree angle so water cant lay on it or under it. Was a easy fix with drilling 1 hole for one screw and then using a tie wrap.

Here is the video that helped me identify and correct my problem.

Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppers4 View Post
Also, you have to put the cover back on with the extension tube or the burner won't stay lit. I also discovered this after a bit of troubleshooting. You don't have to put the screws back in, but just install the cover with the extension tube for a quick test.
I signed up for an account just to thank you. I had to replace the sail switch in my heater. I didn't put the outside pipe back on as I was still troubleshooting the unit. I've spent days checking the gas etc. It would ignite then only produce a flame for about 3 seconds..turn off, then repeat for as long as long as I kept it on.

I butted the outside extension tube up as you suggested and it worked the 1st time!
Taterbug23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 06:39 PM   #50

Ours was doing the same thing and it ended up being the regulator at the tanks was bad. It was putting out too much pressure
Andersen Ultimate w/Andersen Bed Shaft
SeventyGTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 10:12 AM   #51

Furnace Fixed No Parts Needed

The Domestic DL series furnace on our 2020 Melbourne would ignite and burn for 5 to 10 seconds and then shutoff for about 15 seconds and would repeat. The blower would remain running. We removed the outside cover and looked for error codes on the control board, but found none (the red light never went on). We took the RV to a mobile RV serviceman and discovered the issue was with the alignment of the gas igniter tube. He repaired it by using a pry bar and putting a downward force on the propane valve. Basically the gas was not getting to the igniter. He said that over time or rough roads cause the thin metal to misalign!
Hopefully this helps someone else save time and money!
GideonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 11:52 AM   #52

Our '21 Pinnacle started doing the same, even though we never used it since purchase. A good friend has an identical Pinnacle and somehow water got in his and you could see the green stuff under the board. I never figured what the issue with ours is/was, will let the dealer look at it when we take it for warranty work in the fall. It is working fine now, not due to anything I have done. I did, and someone else posted on this on another thread, take the cover off and ran a bead of silicone around the inside of the opening, let it cure and put the cover back on. This should prevent any water getting in, although I have not had a water intrusion problem yet.
Old 02-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
Our '21 Pinnacle started doing the same, even though we never used it since purchase. A good friend has an identical Pinnacle and somehow water got in his and you could see the green stuff under the board. I never figured what the issue with ours is/was, will let the dealer look at it when we take it for warranty work in the fall. It is working fine now, not due to anything I have done. I did, and someone else posted on this on another thread, take the cover off and ran a bead of silicone around the inside of the opening, let it cure and put the cover back on. This should prevent any water getting in, although I have not had a water intrusion problem yet.
Hey jetlag
I was me that did the silicone. You actually put a good bead of silicone in the groove the outside panel fits in. Cover the whole opening with Saran Wrap, and loosely screw the panel back on. Let dry, remove panel, remove Saran Wrap and put panel back on creating a water tight seal. I didn’t do this to the bottom of the panel just in case some water gets in the exhaust.
Old 02-20-2022, 03:48 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
Hey jetlag
I was me that did the silicone. You actually put a good bead of silicone in the groove the outside panel fits in. Cover the whole opening with Saran Wrap, and loosely screw the panel back on. Let dry, remove panel, remove Saran Wrap and put panel back on creating a water tight seal. I didn’t do this to the bottom of the panel just in case some water gets in the exhaust.
There you are, thank you, yes, it is a great idea.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:10 AM   #55

I'm having the same problem with my propane furnace. The propane furnace in our RV cycles on and off when it is cold outside. We have a large 100 lb tank that we are connected to and it seems like when it gets cold the furnace tries to start and then it won't. We disconnected it from the large tank and connected it to our 30 lb tanks and it worked for a while then early in the morning it started to cycle again. We connected to the tank close to the main regulator and it worked again. We checked the stove the last time this happened and the flame was low. We didn't have any problems until we went to our daughters for Thanksgiving. They have a large propane tank for us and we hooked up to it and now it does the same thing at our main site. We live in our RV full time. It is a 2017 Jayco Eagle 336 fbok. There is a recall for the model 6020 regulator and I called Jayco but they told me my Jayco is not a part of the recall because it was made in 2016. The model 6020 is what we have but I'm not sure if it is the same as the one on recall. Just wondering if there is something I need to try before I replace the regulator or any hoses. The hose we use on the 100 lb tank is 15 ft and the propane company that provide us propane made it for us.
missileer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 03:08 PM   #56

Did you have to pull your furnace to get to the wire? I have a 2016 Jayco 293 RKDS doing the same thing
Ricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 10:14 AM   #57

Thermocouple is what I'm thinking.
Camperdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:42 AM   #58

I had the same issue when I washed my Eagle HT with a hose. Somehow water went in the exhaust. It took 3 days to dry it off and finally ignited.

Carlo
cgalutera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 03:27 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog3loves View Post
Thanks, Jim, for your answer. The tech said it was from washing it and water squirting in the exhaust. I bought it new and have NEVER washed it. (Every bug spot is a souvenir from our Alaska trip. So I discounted that excuse of how water got in.) That leaves rain coming in sideways, which is believable since we've experienced two hurricanes passing by here in the FL panhandle, or the significant rain/wind event while camping outside of Glacier NP. It's possible, but with so many people having the same issue, I'm NOT convinced that the moisture wasn't there already at the time of our purchase. You would think, however, that the heat generated in the furnace would evaporate any moisture in there. ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalutera1 View Post
I had the same issue when I washed my Eagle HT with a hose. Somehow water went in the exhaust. It took 3 days to dry it off and finally ignited.

Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
Hey jetlag
A couple of days ago I went out to the RV and heard a fan running. It was the furnace fan. I had washed the RV the day before, and I have the bead of silicon as per Parrot. It wouldn't cut off unless I pulled the fuse. Being busy, left it alone until yesterday and somewhat concerned as er are taking her on the first trip this season today. I took the furnace cover off, and some water had gotten in through the exhaust. The exhaust was moist, and a small amount had dripped inside. I dried everything fairly well, reset the furnace son/off switch and put the fuse back in and I have a furnace again. Not sure if it was the moisture, or resetting the switch. It had done this once before, brand new on our first outing. The dealer tried different solutions by phone to no avail. Finally he had me pull the fuse since we were packing up to come home. Once home, I put the fuse back in, and all was and has been well in that front, until this incident.
Old 04-08-2022, 04:50 AM   #60

Spider webs can give you the same results as the water from washing.
2012 Jayco 32 BHDS: Long Gone
2007 R-Vision 25: Long Long Gone
1965 Frolic Cabover: My First RV
Bugzilla46310 is offline   Reply With Quote