Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #1

Furnace issue

Our furnace is giving us a little bit of trouble. We have a 2015 Jayco BHFS. We can turn it on with the thermostat.. it will run.. but it blows cold air. We don't hear the click that we normally hear when it kicks on. Propane is full and the fuse isn't blown... can anyone help!?
b.kalinowski08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #2

Not my speciality, but ... it sounds like it's not getting propane; are the propane tank(s) turned on? If equipped with the auto changeover then is the selector pointing to a tank?

You can prove/disprove this no propane delivery by firing up the stove top.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:02 PM   #3

I would start simple like Wrascal said and start at your two propane tanks. make sure that the valves are open on them and that the tank selector is pointed at a tank and not vertical. Next I would check on the outside of your coach where the heater is and remove the panel on the front of it. Inside there is a circuit board that checks to make sure you are getting the correct amount of pressure from the propane tanks and also tells it to ignite if all that is fine. Some boards have some trouble shooting lights on them and you might be able to see it. We don't pick up our 375BHFS until next week so I don't have pictures for you.
SSGWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 05:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.kalinowski08 View Post

Our furnace is giving us a little bit of trouble. We have a 2015 Jayco BHFS. We can turn it on with the thermostat.. it will run.. but it blows cold air. We don't hear the click that we normally hear when it kicks on. Propane is full and the fuse isn't blown... can anyone help!?
Yes the selector is pointing towards a tank...
Old 03-07-2015, 05:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrascal View Post
Not my speciality, but ... it sounds like it's not getting propane; are the propane tank(s) turned on? If equipped with the auto changeover then is the selector pointing to a tank?

You can prove/disprove this no propane delivery by firing up the stove top.
The ignition on the stove top doesn't work but I just use a lighter all the time..
Old 03-07-2015, 08:16 PM   #6

I believe that you've misunderstood me. Can you NOW light your stove top? If so then you've eliminated the things that I think are the most likely culprit. It doesn't matter how you fire it, the question is does it work?

If you CAN still fire the stove top then you've eliminated these easy things: no propane in the tanks, the tanks are turned off and/or not properly switched on thru the auto switching device.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:22 PM   #7

Yes.. stove top lights.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #8

So in my current coach if I have low pressure from my propane tank my heater will not stay lit even though my water heater and stove will still work. The reason I don't think that is your problem is because you stated that you do not hear it trying to ignite (thats what that clicking noise that you heard was). Have you tried putting a full propane tank on? If that doesn't work then it will be either your thermostat (which I don't think it is) or the board on your heater might be bad. I have replaced two in three years on two different coaches. Try the new full propane tank first and see if that changes anything. Stay warm tonight.
SSGWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #9

Flow control on the propane tank is inhibited if you open the tank too fast. Try turning tank off, bleed system, and opening very slowly.......

2006 Chev Silverado Z-71 5.3L H.O. w/ Trailer Pkg

Tekonsha Primus IQ Controller
Roadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:50 PM   #10

Disconnected the wires from thermostat w and r, connect them and see if it works. If the fan still stay on then it is hi limit switch. It is above the burners . Two wire will go to it make sure you disconnect the power and connect the two wires , make sure the wires don't make contact with metal. Put the power on and your furnaces will work.
Ali#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 11:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadwarrior View Post
Flow control on the propane tank is inhibited if you open the tank too fast. Try turning tank off, bleed system, and opening very slowly.......
not sure how the furnace works but on my gas grill if I turn propane on to fast it will not work. I have to turn the tank off for a minute then turn propane back on slowly this might be the case its worth a shot.
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:32 AM   #12

I had a similar problem with my furnace last year I had to pull the furnace out through the cabinets and found one wire that was not pushed on tight to the male connection on the furnace and after three years it came loose. Easy fix about 2 hr. Thanks to a great dealer service department they helped trouble shoot the problem and walked me through the repair on the phone while I was in the CG it saved me $200 at least. I bet RV direct wouldn't do that.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:13 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
I bet RV direct wouldn't do that.
No likely thy would not - they practically wholesale, so the margin is tight and the only way to do that and stay afloat is to push volume and slash post sale support services. Business, after all, is still Business.

Now, for those of you that used RVdirect - just call Jayco - worst case, Jayco sends you to a close by Jayco dealer for support - best case, they handle the issue with you over the phone. - Dealer support is Great - Jayco support, so far in our experience, is Fan-f*&king-tastic

We have a great dealer (about 60 miles away) - but still choose to get answers from Jayco, I just like getting the word from the horses mouth. Processes and technology change, and sometimes the service guys at the dealerships don't...

Just my 2 marshmallows worth..

2015 Jayco 38FLSA - Loaded -

B&W Companion 20K slider hitch
KC_GMC is offline   Reply With Quote