Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-03-2023, 01:46 PM   #1

Furnace issues

Hi my 2022 North Point furnace just suddenly stopped working. Came on earlier this morning but shut off and will not restart. Iím bewildered because there was no indication ie weird noises, etc, so Iíve tried several different things such as resetting the 50 amp service, turning the switch on and off at the BM Pro panel and looking at troubleshooting both online and in the manual. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated as Iím in cold and very wet NE PA
Rhink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 02:49 PM   #2

Could you post the model and brand please.

Check the thermostat did not get bumped off dust in it. If you have a meter see if any voltage on wires. Check the 12 volt fuse in the panel, sometimes they die. I assume you have gas pressure and 12 volts. Turn off or disconnect the battery/12 volt power to reset the board for 10 seconds.

Just things to try till someone can find better things and low hanging fruit.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 02:59 PM   #3

Start with the fuses. The furnace runs off 12v, check your battery fuse also or the breaker thatís near your battery.

2021 GMC half ton T/V
2022 Jayfeather 25RB
Anderson WDH
Markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 12:18 PM   #4
jtw

Check the connections by the furnace, depending on where its located you may have to remove the partition wall in the storage area to gain access, factory used crappy snap over butt connectors. Mine failed the 1st year. Leave the heat in the on position and wiggle the wires to see if it comes on.
Old 12-05-2023, 03:07 PM   #5

Does the blower fan come on and then shut off or is it totally dead. If you raise the temp, do you hear any noise at all?
Nevr2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 06:51 PM   #6
CAG

There is a process with the furnace and you need to determine whether yours is following that.
Fan kicks on, gas lights, sometime is takes several cycles to light, heat blows in. If it is not doing this then why? No gas, No spark, if these are not happening then you may need to have someone look at the system to determine whether there is a problem with the furnace board.
2014 Chevy Silverado Duramax LML -Sold
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:35 PM   #7
CwD

Rhink, is it still not working?

My North Point was a year old when the furnace stopped working. it would start briefly, then shut down. I searched this site and determined it was the sail switch. It's purpose is to confirm the fan is running. I was able to access the furnace from the outside and found the sail switch behind a small cover. I Held the paddle so it contacts the micro switch and turned the furnace on. And it worked. There was no dirt or damage so I bent the tab slightly on the paddle (sail) to hit the switch sooner, and I have not had a problem since. This was my experience and yours may be totally different.

CwD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 03:35 PM   #8

I have a 2016 Seismic 4250, the furnace comes on, tries to light, then shuts back off. I've checked the propane and now I'm trying to get to the sail switch but getting to it it the problem. I've gotten to the furnace in my basement but how does the side panel come off? I've removed the screws and it leans out a little but that's it. It won't slide in any direction.
Wannalunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2023, 03:39 PM   #9

2016 4250 furnace

I have a 2016 Seismic 4250 and my furnace tries to light, then shuts back off. I've checked the propane and now I'm trying to get to the sail switch but getting to it it the problem. I've gotten to the furnace in my basement but how does the side panel come off? I've removed the screws and it leans out a little but that's it. It won't slide in any direction.
Wannalunker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace troubleshooting