Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2019, 10:44 PM   #1

Furnace issues- 2018 Jayco North Point

Hello Jayco North Point 5th Wheel RVers

1a.)We purchased a 2018 38' Jayco North Point 5th Wheel Trailer last October and have had issues with the units furnace tripping the breaker when the thermostat comes on with electric. Currently the electric start will not start the furnace.

b) When furnace was operational the thermostat would not regulate the desired heat setting. Set on 69 degree and the unit would run, run, run until it reach 74 degrees.

2a.) We are currently using the thermostat set on Gas to ignite the furnace and it is operational.
b.) The thermostat reaches the desired setting and goes off perfectly.
c.) Today I installed 2.5" X 10" hepa filters to all 5 heat registers and set

the furnace thermostat at 68 degrees. The furnace blew the outside breaker located on the top side of the furnace.

*A real bugger to reach inside the storage center access panel. (Not enough venting inside there and could use an exhaust fan.

d.) Removed the register filters and it runs again without a hitch.
c.) We have major problem with dust blowing all over the inside of trailer.

Clean it every day.
Anyone having these kinds of issues?
redley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #2

Furnace issues- 2018 Jayco North Point

Yes, I have a 2017 NorthPoint 377 and furnace has not worked for 2 years. I have had the thermostat, circuit board on the furnace, and breaker switch on the furnace replaced. Still keeps tripping that circuit switch, tech pulled my furnace 3 weeks ago and ran it on the bench everyday with no issues. So as you stated either airflow or the ducts are two small.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:15 AM   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
You can use a lite filter but install an extra discharge where you think you need one. The usual install for a filter is in the return air. If you would have used an amp meter it would have shown an increase of amps because of airflow back pressure, which tripped the breaker on the furnace. Check the TH fuse if it won't start.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redley View Post
Hello Jayco North Point 5th Wheel RVers

1a.)We purchased a 2018 38' Jayco North Point 5th Wheel Trailer last October and have had issues with the units furnace tripping the breaker when the thermostat comes on with electric. Currently the electric start will not start the furnace.

b) When furnace was operational the thermostat would not regulate the desired heat setting. Set on 69 degree and the unit would run, run, run until it reach 74 degrees.

2a.) We are currently using the thermostat set on Gas to ignite the furnace and it is operational.
b.) The thermostat reaches the desired setting and goes off perfectly.
c.) Today I installed 2.5" X 10" hepa filters to all 5 heat registers and set

the furnace thermostat at 68 degrees. The furnace blew the outside breaker located on the top side of the furnace.

*A real bugger to reach inside the storage center access panel. (Not enough venting inside there and could use an exhaust fan.

d.) Removed the register filters and it runs again without a hitch.
c.) We have major problem with dust blowing all over the inside of trailer.

Clean it every day.
Anyone having these kinds of issues?
Yes, my furnace just started on my 2017 NOrth Point. The other day was the first time. After reading on the blog, I tore into the wall to get to furnace. After getting to switch and resetting I noticed all the extra duct twisted with all the turns which lower the volume of air flow. I shortened and straighten all the duct work which improved to flow inside the RV. Two days later which is today the furnace shut down. So I’m fixing to go back in and try to figure it out. But my prob is not lack of air flow. After I go in I will follow up to see what I did. It’s a real b>]^_ch getting to it and my switch is on back side. Wish me luck. By the way first time on the blog,
Bwanajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #5

What brand of furnace plus is thermostat the Dometic " communicating " type ?
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:57 PM   #6

Furnace is Atwood and Thermostat is Airxcel. Domestic is the furnace.called tech, she didn’t hav a clue what it could be. She needed to go back to school! In the installation booklet, it shows 2 duct on the top and 3 on end. Mine has 1 on top and 3 to side. Please, if the Tech at Manufacture can’t help, up the creek without a paddle
Bwanajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:17 AM   #7

Hello, I also have 2017 Jayco Northpoint and am having furnace issues. It will run for 5-7 minutes and them shuts off. I have to go down into the basement where the furnace is located. I have done this so many times I just leave the panels off. I go up on top of the furnace in the back (the end closest to the outside wall) and there is a switch. I have to flip the switch down and then go back in the coach and change the thermostat and it will run again.....but only for about 5-7 minutes.

So we have just been using space heaters and also the fake fireplace which is just a fancy heater.

Any help you can give me is appreciated.
Dolphin Dude is offline   Reply With Quote