Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-23-2020, 07:33 AM   #21

sail switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado 1950 View Post
I tried to turn on furnace the other day and it wouldn't fire up only blower would make noise. After checking with Dometic and rv repair places found that the sail switch was defective. I called dometic and they say this switch is on back order and no idea when available. I received the same response from Jayco parts. I find this very disgusting to say the least. I would like to use my fifth wheel trailer going home from the sunny south to Ohio in a month. Would anyone know where I could purchase a 33802 sail switch for my Dometic furnace. I have read many people are having the same issues.
I did a online search and found some in the $23 to $25 range. Some list out of stock and some list in stock
JaycoJoe66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
U said quick and easy change. U must be able to get to yours easily. On mine u got to pull the furnace and not easy to do.
Same here. Mine came with a bad control board from the factory. No outside access. Had to cut a hole through the front basement wall to gain access to the furnace to remove it to get to the controls. Half day job which fortunately Jayco had to pay for. And yes, we did do a walk through but who fires up the furnace on a 90 degree day to make sure it is working. Our first three camping trips were warm but on the fourth trip we went to the north Georgia Mountains. Fireplace could not keep up and that is when we realized no outside access to furnace. We won't ever make that mistake again! When you do a walk through, my advice is to check everything, including the water supply system and all propane systems, hot water on electric and furnace, and 12 volt water pump system. You could easily spend a half day on a thorough walk through!

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:09 AM   #23

Your basement wall does not come out. Mine has about 10 screws holding it in place. That is the easy part, once off the rats nest is in the way to even get to the heater.
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:34 AM   #24

Furnace not working

Purchased new Jayco Jayflight Tt 2019 from RV1 in Sarasota July 2019. Tried to start furnace in Nov. (4 months later). Self diagnosed faulty gas valve (heard clicking of ignitor, no lp gas in exhaist...). Called RV1 for help and they said to bring TT in for warranty...TT is set permanently 1hr away, We would have to hire someone to haul it in $200-not going to happen. Called Jayco and they told me to get a private tech to come out. Found Elite RV repair-Tom came out next day and diagnosed same problem-bad gas valve-said “he’d order one from Dometic. “
Dometic wanted an ohm reading before sending new valve. He then returned in Jan when we were back at the campground. Pulled furnace out to get to valve (no outside access)and found corrosion of valve, ignitor and burner-NEW FURNACE!! Then he (Elite) sent a report stating we had corrosion due to moisture in LP line (again never used!). So Jayco- Larry Eldridge called and in a poor customer relations way informed me that Jayco doesn’t cover corrosion even if it is a new part... he actually told me when asked where the moisture could come from inside the LP line “well it’s in the atmosphere-you are in Florida!!!”
So if I had taken the TT to RV1-they wouldn’t have warranted the defective furnace, we wouldn’t have had a place to live and been out $200+.
We went to the Southeast RV show in Tampa in January and found the Jayco RV rep - and showed him the pictures of the corrosion and the $180 bill from Elite. He took pictures with his phone and said he would get back to me Of course we haven’t heard a thing.
Bottom line - I ordered the three corroded parts for $110 and will repair the furnace myself. Don’t count on RV dealers or on Jayco warranty service as others have written about-once they have your money they don’t care.
Lastly-talked with two other service techs and they both said you as the owner will be better served by fixing a problem yourself rather than going through warranty service (which is terrible both from dealers and Jayco manufacturer...)
Pipercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltnunes View Post
Same furnace/sail switch issue with our JayFlight TT. Dealer "fixed it" once. Went to use it this season and the same issue. Found an old-school trailer/RV service place near us. Was told the sail switch is a chronic issue. We took out the furnace - took it to the service place, they bench tested it. Ordering a sail switch. Will return it to us and install onsite. I love these people!
Heater fixed, brought to our home, installed. Added a part to the city water line that fixes a Jayco design flaw. All done in 30 mins. $88 . Love these people!!
ltnunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 08:42 PM   #26

On our 315rlts we are on our third control board and second sail switch. All going bad in freezing cold. No door. Have to pull the basement wall. Then we noticed the furnace vent under the control board is closed by sitting on particle board. We called dometic about the vent who told us they don't talk to customers. They only talk with techs.
Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote