Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #1

Furnace Problems

WE just purchased a 2008 Designer 35 RLTS from a private seller. When I turn tha thermostat to heat the furnace lites and then goes out. It will keep doing this until I turn the thermostat off. The propane stove and oven seem to burn properly, have only used water heater in electric mode so far. Does anyone have an idea what maybe going on with the furnace, and how to access the furnace in 35 RLTS? The original owners said that they no need to use the furnace since they only used the unit a couple times during the summer months. I am hoping it is something minor and that I can take care of the problem myself. I don't want to have to run to the repair shop everytime there is a hicup.

2007 Dodge 3500, 4x4, 6.7, 6 speed auto, exhaust brake.

2008 Jayco Designer 35 RLTS
2fortheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #2

I did a little research for you. First check the intake and exhaust pipes and make sure they are not blocked by something such as spider webs or mud dauber nests. If that isn't the problem, you may have a faulty or oversensitive limit swith. Make sure you have good airflow and none of the return air vents are blocked. Access to the furnace should be possible from the outside of the camper. Some furnaces have a cucuit board with a little red light that will flash a numerical code when there is a problem. Refer to your owners manual for troubleshooting help 9if this is the case. Thats the best I can do for you. Good Luck.
Myles6543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:32 PM   #3

In my case, it was the thermostat not supplying sufficient voltage to hold open the gas valve. Replacing the thermostat solved the problem.

Richard and Laura Ray
Amateur Radio W4RLR
"The Green Goblin" 2008 F-250 Lariat CC SB, 6.4 liter automatic, 4x4"Love Shack" 1995 Jayco Eagle 277 RBSS fifth-wheel
rray32539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #4

2fortheroad

does the furnace blower motor start to run as soon as the heat comes on, it should.
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fortheroad View Post
WE just purchased a 2008 Designer 35 RLTS from a private seller. When I turn tha thermostat to heat the furnace lites and then goes out. It will keep doing this until I turn the thermostat off. The propane stove and oven seem to burn properly, have only used water heater in electric mode so far. Does anyone have an idea what maybe going on with the furnace, and how to access the furnace in 35 RLTS? The original owners said that they no need to use the furnace since they only used the unit a couple times during the summer months. I am hoping it is something minor and that I can take care of the problem myself. I don't want to have to run to the repair shop everytime there is a hicup.
In most cases we find this is caused by mud dobbers or spiders in the burner tube. Get you a tube brush and clean it out. You may find the solution is as easy as that.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote