Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
Those open wire nuts at 1:52 look like a safety hazard!

Whole mess of wires down there is s safety hazard. I can’t believe they leave it like that. Guess they figure the walls cover it all.

—————————————————
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AL...0022978s8m.jpg

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2017 F350 FX4 DRW 6.7 PSD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGW...jCx2yKWbNHxFpQ
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #22

Well, I located the "super secret" furnace reset switch. Looks like I will need a pole or stick to reach it, if need be. As a bonus find, I noticed the red water switch hose line is severely kinked. It's used for winterizing and flushing. Glad I poked around.

2021 Coachmen Freelander 29KB
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
NSA Ready Brute Elite II tow bar
Springhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #23

That screen is different than the ones I have seen before. I also would like to know where it was purchased??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
jasum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
That screen is different than the ones I have seen before. I also would like to know where it was purchased??

I bought the screen from my dealer the day I picked up the camper. I don't have much info on the screen as I just told the guy doing my walk through that I wanted a screen for the furnace, and that was what he came back with and put on. I did not even seen the package.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2017, 10:54 PM   #25

Various diameters found here:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-42150-F...furnace+screen
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 08:04 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
I bought the screen from my dealer the day I picked up the camper. I don't have much info on the screen as I just told the guy doing my walk through that I wanted a screen for the furnace, and that was what he came back with and put on. I did not even seen the package.

Thanks MadJoker.......I ordered one before and didn't like the way it fit so I returned it. Yours looks a lot different.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #27

Furnace will not turn on in 377

So I’m having the same furnace issues you all are noting in this thread. Heat worked last night then stopped this morning. Thermostat clicks but nothing at all from the furnace, no blower , nothing. Tried the reset and nothing. Any other easy fix recommendations? Hesitating to bring to the dealer because I know I can kiss the next 3 months camping away if I do. Damn unit is under a year old and I’ve had so many issues with it, all of which I’ve been able to fix except this and a still not running bathroom vent fan which went bad a few months back. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rolling_Fortress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling_Fortress View Post
So I’m having the same furnace issues you all are noting in this thread. Heat worked last night then stopped this morning. Thermostat clicks but nothing at all from the furnace, no blower , nothing. Tried the reset and nothing. Any other easy fix recommendations? Hesitating to bring to the dealer because I know I can kiss the next 3 months camping away if I do. Damn unit is under a year old and I’ve had so many issues with it, all of which I’ve been able to fix except this and a still not running bathroom vent fan which went bad a few months back. Thanks for any help
As a start.... Are you connected to shore power or boondocking? Furnace and fan work on 12volts: What is your battery voltage?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 11:36 AM   #29

Quote:

One, thing I did and forgot to mention is I made sure thermostat was in the off setting before flipping the switch. Not sure if that could be your issue.

—————————————————
http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AL...0022978s8m.jpg

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2017 F350 FX4 DRW 6.7 PSD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGW...jCx2yKWbNHxFpQ
Old 11-25-2017, 11:59 AM   #30

Furnace will not turn on in 377

Thanks for the replies. I’m connected to shore power and thermostat was off when hitting the reset, no luck after hitting reset. Got hold of a rv tech on the phone and guy stayed with me for about 1/2 hr while we ran through some steps w my multi-meter (ie, power to fuse, power to red on furnace, good ground on furnace, by passed thermostat, etc). No luck w anything. Guy said based on the tests performed it can only be a bad circuit board. Time to kiss this thing goodbye for a few months. Not sure why it has to be like that. How the heck do full timers handle things like this, jeez.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:38 AM   #31

Quote:
Damn unit is under a year old and I’ve had so many issues with it, all of which I’ve been able to fix except this and a still not running bathroom vent fan which went bad a few months back. Thanks for any help

My bathroom fan would only work on one speed and would not work on that one speed all the time. So I called airxcel and talked to their tech support and they said it sounded like the printed circuit board. I gave them the serial number, they sent out a new PCB, and now i have a working four speed fan in the bathroom again. I must say i had a great experience dealing with airxcel/maxxfan directly. No need to mess with the dealer or Jayco with that issue.

Good luck on your furnace issue.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #32

Thanks! Think I’ll try calling them for the fan. What has to be done to replace the PCB and how hard was it?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #33

Quote:
Thanks! Think I’ll try calling them for the fan. What has to be done to replace the PCB and how hard was it?

Thanks
It was not hard but might require a stool depending on how tall you are

Take the screen off buy turning the 4 thumb screws. If I recall you will have to do that to get to the serial number. You will need to provide that to them when you give them a call.

Once you get the PCB I did the following (this is from memory which was done a couple months ago ):
  1. take out fuse
  2. remove four screws in ceiling to take off fan trim
  3. remove 4 screws to drop fan from ceiling (watch out the spacer behind the knob to raise and lower the lid might fall on your head)
  4. remove 2 screws to take off PCB
  5. fish wires out of ceiling
  6. remove wire splices to remove bad PCB
  7. I used the same wire splices for new PCB (I had to kinda "reset" the metal contact in them with a pair of needle nose pliers so they could be reused). I did cut off some of the excess wire from the new PCB
  8. Tuck all the wire up in the ceiling
  9. Attach the PCB back on the fan
  10. Attach fan back to ceiing (make sure the spacer is in there for the knob to raise and lower the lid
  11. put fuse in and give it a try
  12. put the trim back on

I am not sure I completely agree with how it is wired up to the switch but I did not change any of that....

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:38 PM   #34

Well thought I would update everyone on the furnace issue I had.

Took the unit in for service and they replaced the circuit board in the furnace and tested. When I picked the unit up I tested the furnace twice and all was good, with the exception of yesterday. We made it to Carlsbad New Mexico where the temps dropped to 26 degrees and the furnace turned on and ran for about 12 mins and tripped the furnace reset switch again, I reset it again and the next time it kicked in the same thing happened. So it seems it has something to do with the cold, as I tested it twice before we got to cold weather and it worked fine, never had to reset the switch.

So I am now back to heat pump while it works then fireplace and standup heater. Also bought a small heater for the basement since the furnace will not be pumping warm air down there.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #35

I had a problem with the furnace on my last 5er lighting. I found out there is a flow switch in the system that must allow enough air to flow before it will let the furnace light. I found out if enough of the floor registers were blocked it would not light. Something to check if it is an intermittent problem.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500 CC SB 4x4 Duramax
skijlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #36

Furnace Switch

Would the secret switch be in the same place on my 16 Eagle RSTS?I would like to find it in case of no heat in the future. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:46 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Well thought I would update everyone on the furnace issue I had.

Took the unit in for service and they replaced the circuit board in the furnace and tested. When I picked the unit up I tested the furnace twice and all was good, with the exception of yesterday. We made it to Carlsbad New Mexico where the temps dropped to 26 degrees and the furnace turned on and ran for about 12 mins and tripped the furnace reset switch again, I reset it again and the next time it kicked in the same thing happened. So it seems it has something to do with the cold, as I tested it twice before we got to cold weather and it worked fine, never had to reset the switch.

So I am now back to heat pump while it works then fireplace and standup heater. Also bought a small heater for the basement since the furnace will not be pumping warm air down there.

That suks MadJoker. Hoping they get it fixed soon for you.

2016 Pinnacle 36 KPTS
2016 F350 Lariat CC LB dually 6.7
Old 12-24-2017, 05:33 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by skijlw View Post
I had a problem with the furnace on my last 5er lighting. I found out there is a flow switch in the system that must allow enough air to flow before it will let the furnace light. I found out if enough of the floor registers were blocked it would not light. Something to check if it is an intermittent problem.
I did make sure the vents were all open and unobstructed, maybe something in the lines perhaps.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:34 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasum View Post
That suks MadJoker. Hoping they get it fixed soon for you.

Thanks, been okay so far with just the fireplace and portable heater thank goodness. Also if you drink enough beer you feel warm Also! [emoji16][emoji481]