Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #1

Furnace won’t kick on

Having an issue with our gas furnace. The blower kicks on, but the furnace won’t engage to get heat. Started with the issue yesterday. We thought it was just air in the lines because it finally engaged. Now this morning, the problem is happening again. Tanks are full. Stove works fine. Fuses checked. Any suggestions?
Krod1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #2

Blockage in the exhaust or burner tube, or the sail switch could be going bad. Those are the most common issues. Check for spider webs or anything else blocking furnace exhaust, if that’s clear check the burner tube for same issue. If that’s all clear then it’s probably your sail switch inside the furnace that measures airflow. If it’s faulty or stuck it won’t let the furnace ignite and or stay running.
430 amp/hr 6v battery bank
1000w Renogy hard wired inverter
2011 F350 Lariat, DWR 4x4, 6.7 turbo diesel
2017 Open Range, Mesa Ridge 374BHS
Screwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #3

If you give us more info like what type of trailer, furnace etc you will probably find someone that has had the exact problem before. But without that your going to get guesses all over the place. Most wont be able to fix your problem.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krod1017 View Post
Having an issue with our gas furnace. The blower kicks on, but the furnace won’t engage to get heat. Started with the issue yesterday. We thought it was just air in the lines because it finally engaged. Now this morning, the problem is happening again. Tanks are full. Stove works fine. Fuses checked. Any suggestions?
Are you at altitude? Had an issue with mine last winter when in the mountains. Igniter kept trying to ignite the propane and about every 30 mins it would ignite and then keep going back to trying to ignite again.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:24 PM   #5

Had the same issue on my 2019 Pinnicle. Along with Kinked hose going into water pump that is used to winterize vehicle. I called Jayco and they authorized a Mobile Tech to come to house and the Furnace problem was a bad sail switch, He repaired both and I will have to get remburse from Jayco. From other revuews they do this quickly.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:28 PM   #6

Sail switch detects air flow and when “happy” it allows the burner to ignite. When not “happy” it tells the system there’s no air flow and shuts the system down. If you’re feeling air flow then it’s likely the sail switch. It’s easy to change but you’d need to remove the furnace which can be a bear depending on your trailer. My dealer provided one for me to replace when it failed and I bought a spare to have on hand. The best way to ensure it doesn’t happen again is to have a spare. .
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote