Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2021, 10:11 AM   #1

Furrion Backup Camera

2021 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

I am trying to install a Furrion backup camera in the shark fin that came prewired from the Jayco Factory. From what I have read here it's pretty much just plug the camera in, hook up truck to trailer, and turn the lights on. I have done all this and cannot get power to the camera to pair with my monitor.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
Scott
Old 02-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vscottcolorado View Post
2021 Jayco North Point 310RLTS
2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

I am trying to install a Furrion backup camera in the shark fin that came prewired from the Jayco Factory. From what I have read here it's pretty much just plug the camera in, hook up truck to trailer, and turn the lights on. I have done all this and cannot get power to the camera to pair with my monitor.
Suggestions would be greatly appreciated .
Scott
You should have a pig tail on the monitor's 12v power cord. Plug the camera into that inside the truck before install on the RV to pair them together. The camera is too far from the monitor to pair from the back of the RV. Once the camera is installed on the RV you should see a small blue light if powered. If not, you may have a switch installed inside the RV that turns the power on. This switch is usually not factory installed though. Hope this helps!
Reese Goosebox
Pammac36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:17 AM   #3

I did plug camera into monitor and it powered on. I also paired it there as well. but when I install it in the Shark Fin and plug in no power, (blue light does not come on). There is a switch in the control center, have not a clue what it does though.
Attached Thumbnails
20210130_162620_resized (002).jpg  
Old 02-06-2021, 11:35 AM   #4

The dark colored household decor switch is likely your ceiling fan...
At the fin mount at back you likely need to dig deeper on the wires... Make sure with a tester that the wire is live when lights are on. Make sure you don't have it wired to a ground rather than hot wire

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 12:03 PM   #5

Thanks.. As soon as it warms up a bit I'll test power in the back.
Old 02-06-2021, 01:54 PM   #6

Did you turn on your running lights to provide power to the camera?

Earl
Line-X premium
Mopar wheel to wheel steps
Mopar_Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:31 PM   #7

No power at prewired Shark Fin on back of rig. Did turn on headlights. My dealer is worthless so I'm going to call Jayco on Monday. In my opinion this should be a warranty item. Any other thoughts please pass them on. Switch in control door is for ceiling fan, fan was turned off, dah!!
Thanks everyone!
Old 02-06-2021, 06:34 PM   #8

Not sure on your trailer but on our eagle it has dedicated wiring for the camera. There is a switch for it in the Natalus centre
I run with lights on so how mine is wired is a Moog point for us.
Just something else to look for

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 11:44 PM   #9

Mine did the same thing when I installed it. What I found was the power wire to the camera was just taped into the clearance light wire with a blue scotchlok connector. The scotchlok never cut the insulation on one of the wires so no connection was made. You have to remove the base and pull the wires through a hole to check.
Old 02-07-2021, 07:43 AM   #10

When I went to install mine, it didn't power on either. Had to switch polarity at the camera wiring for the camera to power up. I always had 12v at the wires, but not the "right" 12v! LOL!
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:15 PM   #11

If like my 377, Which color wire did you hook the camera up to, the green (marker light) wire or purple (dedicated camera) wire? If it’s the purple wire, you can install a switch to power it. On my 377, the purple wire runs to behind the BMPro, and Jayco left a 12v+ wire for the purpose of powering the camera.
nylyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #12

Well as of Tuesday this week rear backup camera is working! Thanks for all the reply's. Had to call in my Smart Home guy to help with wiring. The rear camera prep was not even wired. Wires were not connected. Jayco was absolutely no help at all.
I am extremely worried about the install on Monday of my new Onan 5.5 LP generator. It too has been "Factory Prepped". Not using a dealer but an Onan Dealer. We will see.
Thanks again, all.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:02 PM   #13

Clearance light

Same here on no power from clearance light from factory. The wire was not connected from the pre wire point for camera. Dealer had to connect the power supply to clearance lights.
USNMA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #14

Gen Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vscottcolorado View Post
Well as of Tuesday this week rear backup camera is working! Thanks for all the reply's. Had to call in my Smart Home guy to help with wiring. The rear camera prep was not even wired. Wires were not connected. Jayco was absolutely no help at all.
I am extremely worried about the install on Monday of my new Onan 5.5 LP generator. It too has been "Factory Prepped". Not using a dealer but an Onan Dealer. We will see.
Thanks again, all.
Let me know how the Gen install goes. We are having a 5.5 put in our North Point.
Old 02-20-2021, 02:08 PM   #15

Do yourself a favor and call Furrion direct. Just installed 3 Furrion cameras on my Pinnacle and had questions about wiring the side cameras. The tech was VERY helpful and stayed with me to make sure all went well. Jayco will probably call you back the next day maybe! I have found overall you get quicker more accurate answers calling the product manufacturer rather than Jayco.
bearkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 02:32 PM   #16

Furrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearkeller View Post
Do yourself a favor and call Furrion direct. Just installed 3 Furrion cameras on my Pinnacle and had questions about wiring the side cameras. The tech was VERY helpful and stayed with me to make sure all went well. Jayco will probably call you back the next day maybe! I have found overall you get quicker more accurate answers calling the product manufacturer rather than Jayco.
Amen on that. I had to go direct to Furrion for a replacement on a Tv because Jayco denied warranty. Tv was brand new in a brand new North Point. Never used, it was all fluorescent colors and cold not be adjusted. Same thing with axle, I had to go directly to dexter, Jayco denied claim. Like I said new unit. I could go on, but won’t. Just seems you have to go through primary, get case number, and then go back to Jayco after you do all the leg work.