Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-20-2023, 02:43 PM   #1

Furrion Cameras won't pair with monitor

So after getting our new 321RSTS home from the dealer and transferring all of the belongings to the new trailer, I set about the task of getting all of the electronics set up and ready to go. All went well until I tried to use the factory installed Furrion side and rear cameras. All I got was a black screen with 'No Signal' from any of the cameras. No problem, right? Just go through the process of pairing them to the monitor and all should be well, even though the owners manual says they are already paired..... after several attempts with no luck, refer to manual. In the trouble shooting section, the manual indicates holding the pairing button for two seconds is required. That would have been good information to have in the section on how to pair the cameras..... Well that didn't work. Phone call to Lippert/Furrion, was told to make sure headlights were on, not in auto mode or park lamps. I understand the auto part, but in 50yrs of auto tech having headlights n as opposed to just park lights on has NO bearing on the tail lights and the signal going to the 7 pin connector. Oh, that didn't work either. Next Furrion recommendation is to remove the rear camera and plug it into the pig tail on the monitor power supply, then attempt to pair the camera that way. NOWHERE in the owners/installation manual is this pig tail and it's use covered. Well the camera did then pair and function. Furrion's answer, 'You have a power problem in the trailer'. So back to the dealer it goes.... The service advisor knew exactly what the problem was as soon as he saw my rig. The truck. It seems that some newer vehicles are using the BCM to control the power to trailer lights. Given the fact the truck and trailer are all LED, the BCM doesn't see enough load to provide a full 12volts to that circuit, and that is what is required to operate the cameras. So why didn't Furrion ask what the tow vehicle was? It appears this applies to several vehicles, but the ones we are most interested in is GM trucks 2020 and up with the higher end trim level with upgraded trailering package. It doesn't seem to effect the trucks that don't have LED tail lights. Anyway the answer to the problem is Furrion # 2021124508. Why Furrion Tech didn't know this, I have no idea....

ejmasjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:32 PM   #2

Our Furrion camera works on our 2021 GMC Canyon with the headlights in the on position ( not auto)
Go figure!

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 03:48 PM   #3

OK, clarification. Full size trucks (Silverado/Sierra). The Canyon/Colorado I believe are not equipped with factory LED tail lamps on any trim level
Old 03-20-2023, 04:01 PM   #4

Could be
We have a Denali trim pkg on our Canyon
Not sought after but only one available
We had a similar problem but our Furrion. camera had a loose antenna
Your story ought to be archived for future reference

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 06:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejmasjr View Post
So why didn't Furrion ask what the tow vehicle was? It appears this applies to several vehicles, but the ones we are most interested in is GM trucks 2020 and up with the higher end trim level with upgraded trailering package. It doesn't seem to effect the trucks that don't have LED tail lights. Anyway the answer to the problem is Furrion # 2021124508. Why Furrion Tech didn't know this, I have no idea....

There were a number of posts on this forum when this issue first arose. I agree that Furrion support should have zeroed in on this fact quickly.

Incidently - the part# you supplied is incorrect. That number is for the 7" display. Furrion #FR87PR (at least that's the number on eTrailer.com) is the right part number.

Curt offers a similar product for half the cost.. according to at least one review, it works with Chevy and Furrion cameras.
Attached Thumbnails
Curt 57003.jpg   Comment.jpg  
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 08:26 AM   #6

I dealt with this too. An initial moment of confusion after I bought my ‘22 Chevy and same trailer. I purchased the one the OP has pictured. Works great now.

Now if I could just get the image to stop freezing when moving in traffic that would be fantastic. That started before the new truck so it’s something else.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:24 AM   #7

JB, you are correct on the part number I quoted. Too many notes on the desk, however, the number you list is E-Trailer's number, they assign their own numbers. If you look all the way down on the bottom of that page, they also show Furrion's number #2021132201. Ran into this before trying to locate a Mor-Ryde pin box using the number E-Trailer listed on competing sites....FYI As for the Curt unit, I did not stumble onto that when looking, but not sure I would have ordered. Personal preference.... looks clunky /homemade JMO