Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-18-2019, 09:57 AM   #1

Furrion DV1220-BL to TV

I have a 2019 Pinnacle 36FBTS. Has anyone connected their TV to the entertainment system (HDMI from TV to back of DV1220 HDMI)? If so, how did you run the HDMI cable? It appears all I have to do is pull the entertainment system and the cable MIGHT just run down the wall to the TV pop up area behind the fireplace. It also looks like I would need a rather lengthy HDMI cable. Also looks like an optical audio cable could be used. Any info appreciated.
Prybar-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #2

It should already be hooked up via HDMI. Toggle through the different inputs on the DV1220 to see. I swapped mine out for an iRV system, but if I recall the input setting on the DV1220 to have TV audio play through it wasn't obvious.
2018 Jayco NorthPoint 315RLTS
jimr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:34 PM   #3

I never could get the TV to play through the Furrion with HDMI. I ended up just using an optical cable for it and it works fine.
ShotgunZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #4

I have to set the Furrion receiver to ARC. make sure your TV is also set for that. Most of the new smart TV’s do it automatically. I could never get the optical to work, had a delay and bad echo.

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Nathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan S. View Post
I have to set the Furrion receiver to ARC. make sure your TV is also set for that. Most of the new smart TV’s do it automatically. I could never get the optical to work, had a delay and bad echo.
I may give that a try the next trip and see if it works. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2019, 08:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunZ71 View Post
I may give that a try the next trip and see if it works. Thanks!
I’m sure that’s it. It took me a couple trips learning the trailer before I had time to figure it out. Not to mention the guy at the dealership told me the TV wouldn’t work with the receiver speakers so I didn’t bother initially. I was determined to make it work. So I brought it home to put in an optical cable, as I said echo and delay. Went to the Furrion manual to figure out the optical. Found the feature ARC “Audio Return Channel”. Knucklehead.......but then I realized, I now knew more than the professor at the dealership, so I didn’t feel as stupid

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 12-21-2019, 11:27 AM   #7

After installing a smart TV, discovering that the HDMI was already plugged into the back of the DV1220 and the Furrion HD ARC port, being unable to fish an optical cable thru the wall from the DV1220, I just started playing with the AUX button, EUREKA, TV sound thru the DV1220 speakers. NATHAN S., I should have remembered your response post. The really hard part was drilling precisely located holes in the pop up mount for the new TV. Thx so much for the comeback.
Prybar-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #8

When I ran my optical cable, I just use the volume on the Furrion and keep the TV volume down. This eliminates any echo or delay. I set the TV to output through that and not the speakers.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:18 AM   #9

I gave up on Furrion. I now have a Samsung smart TV, Samsung BluRay player and a Samsung 27” soundbar. The Blu-ray is connected to the soundbar and the soundbar to the TV all via HDMI. It all plugs and plays very nicely and sounds fantastic! It relegated the Furrion to playing the outside speakers. This is in a 2019 377RLBH
Pchansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 05:34 PM   #10

Quote:
I’m sure that’s it. It took me a couple trips learning the trailer before I had time to figure it out. Not to mention the guy at the dealership told me the TV wouldn’t work with the receiver speakers so I didn’t bother initially. I was determined to make it work. So I brought it home to put in an optical cable, as I said echo and delay. Went to the Furrion manual to figure out the optical. Found the feature ARC “Audio Return Channel”. Knucklehead.......but then I realized, I now knew more than the professor at the dealership, so I didn’t feel as stupid
I tried what you said and it worked great! The ARC didn’t work (or I’d I didn’t give it enough time) the first few tries, but now it’s working as it should. I have the Furrion cranked to 39 and adjust the volume through the TV control. Thanks, again, Nathan!
Old 12-30-2019, 07:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotgunZ71 View Post
I tried what you said and it worked great! The ARC didn’t work (or I’d I didn’t give it enough time) the first few tries, but now it’s working as it should. I have the Furrion cranked to 39 and adjust the volume through the TV control. Thanks, again, Nathan!
Santa brought me a sound bar, put that in yesterday. Now I have all the ceiling speakers on zone 1, sound bar on zone 2 and outside on 3. Sounds great. Doing a super bowl trip to the desert to check it out

Gone Fishing!
SIGPIC
Old 01-16-2020, 10:01 PM   #12

Quote:
my input is set to ARC.